Re: Open Cast Coal extraction, Towers Farm, Poynto
9th April 2013 at 8:31AM
I ACTUALLY SAID I WAS SIGNING THE PETITION

0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
Barbara Ball
Drifter
28th January 2015 at 7:00PM
What concerns me is the new way of coal mining called fracking!!   As far as I've been told the councils can go ahead with this, which is very frighting seeing it's very close to properties ?? We need to keep a very close eye on this the MP's will not care as they or the councils will be paid vast amounts of money. Our health is at stake the chemicals can poison the water that we drink and can cause cancer.
Malcolm Burgess
Drifter
23rd March 2015 at 4:42PM
When the company applied to extract coal by open cast mining it failed to mention extraction above the
application belongs to the National Coal Board.
The way that it can circumvent this is by applying for its limited amount, and then apply for a
further extraction.
On the original application it was to extract coal in trenches from Poynton all the way to Disley and I have no doubt that this is what would happen if it reapplied today.
Malcolm Burgess
Drifter
23rd March 2015 at 4:53PM
When the company applied to extract coal by open cast mining it failed to mention extraction above the
application belongs to the National Coal Board.
The way that it can circumvent this is by applying for its limited amount, and then apply for a
further extraction.
On the original application it was to extract coal in trenches from Poynton all the way to Disley and I have no doubt that this is what would happen if it reapplied today. The depth of the extraction in the original application was 30 meters. This is the equivalent of a 10 story building.
<< 1 2 >>

More about SEMMMS / Hazel Grove & Poynton Bypass / A555 MAELR

Main

Places

Opinions

Create