12 Supporters 11 Opposers

New letter for high lane residents today in door!!

glenandem
Citizen

glenandem
New letter for high lane residents today in door!!
9th July 2013 at 4:20PM
Got a letter through my door from high lane residents association this morning asking to go to a meeting they're having in the next day or two and a meeting in marple too and it basically says that the bypass will bring upwards of 6000 cars a day to the area and as the new relief rd will have noise reducing Tarmac why isn't high lane section of a6 and other areas not going to get it and they want to campaign for it!!
I'm not far from the border of high lane as Im classed as the grove where I live so not sure why I've recieved this, has anyone else recieved this letter in the grove?
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
Serenity
Citizen

Serenity
Re: New letter for high lane residents today in do
10th July 2013 at 6:15PM, Edit: 10th July 2013 at 6:17PM by Serenity
No letter received yet, but I live the ASDA end of the Grove and not the High Lane end. However seems like a good idea for the Grove as well. Does it say where and when the meeting at. Not sure why they don't just use that type of tarmac anyway. Especially on roads like the A6.

Not sure how they can estimate the figure of 6,000 though. But if these figures are to be believed I can't help but wonder what measures they will have in mind to counteract the negative effect of this amount of extra traffic passing through the Grove. It's not difficult to see that the A6 can't cope as it is now.

But rest assured that according to the Messenger last week "measures have been taken on the surrounding roads to reduce traffic". Now what measures might these be I wonder.

A nightmare waiting to happen.

0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report