12 Supporters 11 Opposers

Local Consultation Sham

<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >>

glenandem
Citizen

glenandem
Re: Local Consultation Sham
13th November 2013 at 4:48PM
i like your enthusiasm but as i said most people think its a done deal this time what with the airport city plan and woodford estate planned, it would never have gone ahead if those two wasnt happening but now it is we're getting cllr's who are jumping on the bandwagon claiming its going to help the area!
th only area's it will help are the like of cheadle etc where cllr roberts is shouting from the roof tops about it as he knows it will take traffic of the a34 and surrounding areas and dump it in our area with no access to a motor way unless people head to bredbury or stockport and the people of high lane an disley will see a few more big trucks and plenty more cars coming over the tops bringing traffic.
just recieved a leaflet through my door today actually from the dems with stunnel saying he's pushing it through as hard as he can,isnt he retiring soon so if and when it does go ahead he'll be long gone leaving the mess for others?
lets wait and see but ive put in my complaint on link i posted as i dont have enough info on my section of road,theyve conveniently not put in the 3d video where it joins the current a6!
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
houseman
Villager

houseman
17th November 2013 at 11:25AM
William Wragg has a job so cannot spend as much time as the Lib dems layabouts on council business
glenandem
Citizen

glenandem
18th November 2013 at 5:40PM
i see the addresses are popping up for against the airport rd on the stockport page of the application website, still time to get your vote in if your for or against this!
just fill in your address you dont have to put any comments if you wish but just select if your for or against and click send!
heres the link-airport relief rd aplication
Serenity
Citizen

Serenity
19th November 2013 at 3:32PM, Edit: 19th November 2013 at 3:38PM by Serenity
Did the powers to be make this consultation process so utterly confusing on purpose. Perhaps they thought that if they made it so long winded that people would just get bored and go away.

I can't help but wonder how much this consultation alone must have cost the public. The money could have been spent on improving what we have now.

I would like to hear from one of our local councillors (if at all possible) as to what stage this consultation is at. Also I would like to once again ask - Why should the Grove support this new road. I'd be happy with just a couple of good reasons...
glenandem
Citizen

glenandem
19th November 2013 at 4:08PM
i know the paula guys arent liked by many but i was on theyre site and found these stats on one of theyre pages with a link to the page that shows it by the council!
    an increase in traffic levels of between 30% and 50% at High Lane and Disley, if the proposed road is built,
    an increase of 13% to 40% on Torkington Road and Chester Road, Hazel Grove, if the proposed road is built,
    a decrease in traffic levels on the A6 Hazel Grove if the road is NOT built , and,
    an increase in traffic levels of 23% to 30% around the A34 if the proposed road is built.
now if thats true then surely our cllr's should be shouting from the rooftops saying in its current form its just no use to anyone in our area and thats why im out lol
dont think you'll get any comments on here off any cllr's until campaign time as thats how they work unfortunately.
glenandem
Citizen

glenandem
19th November 2013 at 4:12PM
oh forgot to say its at the application stage at the mo where people can object to it now and i think come december'ish it will have the yes or no from that i believe but im not totally sure either, i had to phone the council this morning as i recieved a letter yesterday saying it was a side road plan but wasnt very clear and had comments of compulsary order in so i swiftly phoned them up concerned and was told somone would ring me back sometile later today, well its just gone 4 and im not holding my breath for that call!!!
Paulsum
Villager

Paulsum
19th November 2013 at 4:14PM
http://paulagreenbelt.wordpress.com/2013/09/30/semmms-realignment-around-carr-wood/
Please take a look at this. There was an alternative route planned for the junction with the A6 that would have meant that the precious ancient Carr Woods (Old Mill Lane) would have not been completely wiped off the map. The plans WERE NOT RELEASED UNTIL AFTER THE PUBLIC CONSULTATION!
Smbc should be ashamed and the consultation and local vote should be cast again.
glenandem
Citizen

glenandem
19th November 2013 at 4:35PM
ive spoken to the semmmmmmmmmms team about that recent plan and they told me it was the paula squad who had those plans drawn up and they took a look at them and said the plans wasnt feasable but then you read on the web that paula says the semmmmmmmmmmmms team recently released them?
all very confusing but if you go on the link i posted up and go on the application plans it does show the other route not the one youve just posted so i presume its the original plan theyre going with as they cant put in for one route then change it to anouther can they!
Paulsum
Villager

Paulsum
19th November 2013 at 7:04PM
http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/970b1678-ff77-11e2-a244-00144feab7de.html#axzz2l7Nvbxos
glenandem
Citizen

glenandem
19th November 2013 at 7:57PM
i couldnt read your link as its says i have to register but i saw the headline and ive seen this story before in this link-cheadle constituancy link rd!
basically its killing three birds with one stone, helping the progress of the big woodford estate, helping the airport city plan and by the reads of that story helping a party try to win an area and i know for a fact the cllr's in that area of cheadle have really been gobbing off about how good this road would be for theyre area while our cllr's dont seem to have a mouth for theyre local people!
didnt get that phone call by the way off the semmmmmmmms team at the townhall,fantastic our council they really are?
<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >>

Tagged With..

More about SEMMMS / Hazel Grove & Poynton Bypass / A555 MAELR

Main

Places

Opinions

Create