Local Consultation Sham

<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >>

spectrum
Villager

spectrum
Re: Local Consultation Sham
7th November 2013 at 9:04AM, Edit: 7th November 2013 at 9:05AM by spectrum
glenandem Wrote:

hi spectrum not sure what you mean there, firstly what does cllr wragg mean by made no difference?
and secondly why wont traffic be able to get to poynton because of the central reservation barrier, wont there be junctions at fiveways to turn off to poynton and also near woodford?

I believe that William Wragg was campaigning with local Fiveways residents to have the choice of Macclesfield Road junction reviewed due to potential congestion impacts of the crossroads junction.

Apparently the campaign was blocked by Kevin Hogg, Stuart Corris and Christine Corris last week.

My remark about Poynton was really just related to traffic queuing up in Hazel Grove on Macclesfield Road due to the crossroads.

The concrete barrier, not much else to say about that.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
FivewaysGrover
Villager

FivewaysGrover
7th November 2013 at 9:45AM
I look forward to the next time I bump into Cllr Hogg and asking him why he decided to ignore, in fact misrepresent, his electorate. It appears that not only are the Lib Dems prepared to shaft us all at a national level but now also at a local level.

I was a life long Liberal voter - never again.
1 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
Doris
Townsperson

Doris
7th November 2013 at 12:38PM
you only have to take a look at his old mate Goddard to learn about Lib Den shafting !
1 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
BlueGrover
Good Citizen

BlueGrover
8th November 2013 at 8:29AM
A pre condition of becoming a local councillor is the god given ability not to listen to what your constituents are asking for. The flip side of this coin is to support policies and strategies that no other bugger wants.
#speedbumpschesterroad
vulcanman
Townsperson

vulcanman
8th November 2013 at 1:36PM
As ever the lib dems need to hang their heads in shame.
FivewaysGrover
Villager

FivewaysGrover
8th November 2013 at 2:51PM
Calling Cllr Hogg....

Is William Wragg telling the truth. Did you fail to support a referral for Junction 6? Did you ignore us all? Why???? Explain yourself.
glenandem
Citizen

glenandem
8th November 2013 at 4:08PM
got my letter today about the application and anyone interested in putting in an objection or comment you can do so on this site on the comment on application page with a support or object box, strange how they never gave us the choice when they sent out the questionairre's!
airport relief rd application
Paulsum
Villager

Paulsum
12th November 2013 at 11:28AM
The Lib Dem coallicion should be ashamed of themselves. They were elected to represent the views of the constituency but with the proposed A555 (no one can call it an A6 bypass as it will encourage even more traffic onto the A6) they are acting as judge, jury and executioner!!
They are pushing through this ridiculous scheme that few people want and none of us require so they can build thousands of houses on Aerospace Woodford creaming in more council tax, open cast coal mining will return to Poynton, ancient woodland destroyed, precious greenbelt lost. Our children will reflect on this decision and weep for what we have lost if this goes ahead.
glenandem
Citizen

glenandem
12th November 2013 at 7:24PM
ive been told its a done deal from people who are having theyre land taken to build it pal but the gov has to go through the motions to make it look like every body wants it, i think im right when isay most people did want it when it went to bredbury but just this section is pointless and will bring more traffic to our area rather than relieve it as its just taking away traffic from the airport hence the new name "airport relief rd".
Paulsum
Villager

Paulsum
12th November 2013 at 8:08PM
Thanks for your reply. You are correct. If the proposed scheme had terminated at Bredbury I am sure most of us would be in favour of the "relief road". But as it terminates at Simpsons Corner....WHAT IS TGE POINT!!!!
We need to take action against the plans. Object on the smbc planning portal, write to Ian Roberts and other councillors, get friends of the earth and other groups involved,
Sign petitions (the petition to save Carr or Bluebell Woods Old Mull Lane has only received 21 signatures!!!!)
We all need to do all we can before it is too late. I certainly am and will not give in.
<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >>

Tagged With..

More about SEMMMS / Hazel Grove & Poynton Bypass / A555 MAELR

Main

Places

Opinions

Create