12 Supporters 11 Opposers

Local Consultation Sham

<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >>

FivewaysGrover
Villager

FivewaysGrover
Re: Local Consultation Sham
14th October 2013 at 4:18PM
I'm delighted Mr Wragg is taking this seriously. I share some, if not all of the cynicism surrounding the point of trying to object to Option 1. Nevertheless I will be emailing Mr Wragg to thank him for his efforts and ask him to double them.

I suggest everyone else does the same. Planning processes aren't the be all and end all of this. This council needs to come out and state that it is ignoring the views of Stockport ratepayers for the benefit of East Cheshire - or it needs to back track and support Option 2
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
glenandem
Citizen

glenandem
14th October 2013 at 4:49PM
william is a top bloke,ive said it before but he took the time to get me a meeting with jim mcmahon the head of planning in stockport, he even turned up to the meeting i had even though i didnt really get much out of it but at least somone can be bothered to listen to the locals and take theyre concerns in.
i just find it mad that we havent got more cllr's raising serious concerns about traffic levels rising,silly traffic lights all the way along the route and generally a bad lay out along many sections of the route.
if i was you though i wouldnt waste too much time trying to argue different designs etc as i believe that paula group have tried to argue different layouts and havent got very fair,in fact some lady from the council with goofy teeth told me the other night that the council looked into theyre designs and said they wasnt feasable but the way she said it was like they just brushed it off without seriously looking into some of the ideas!
its gonna happen and its gonna cause plenty of congestion around the grove and other areas,anyone with a brain can see that from looking at the layout.
Serenity
Citizen

Serenity
14th October 2013 at 7:06PM
I can understand the powers to be wanting to make connections better across the country to places like the airport, but surely if the route to get there is full of gridlocked traffic jams who will then want to continue to use these routes. It will also make the A6 so much more busier at night.

This new road might seem like a short cut (once you get there) but add to that the time delays and wasted fuel and it doesn’t add up to a very positive or cost effective way forward for anyone.

Hope that the council have a few traffic solving solutions up their sleeve, because I'm sure there going to need them.
glenandem
Citizen

glenandem
14th October 2013 at 8:10PM
what do you mean busier at night,more like all day and night!
i think basically the whole original scheme was to a road that went all the way to bredbury and everybody loved this idea then over the years its gone up in costs to build etc to build that full link so over the years its been ground down and and down and corners cut to try and get some sort of road built as cheap as possible by not putting having better designed jcts,the road not being dug into the ground as deep as first thought and having a mound or fence near homes etc all to save costs and bring it in cheaper but what weve ended up with is a waste of money thats going to cause more congestion,is it 6-7 set of lights along the route with two lanes each way meeting the a6 at simpsons onto a busy single lane a6 ccontrolled by anouther set of traffic lights stuttering traffic!
a local cllr told me the idea was that the funding would never go ahead for the route as a full route to bredbury so theyre trying to bring it in one section then apply to get the next section funded but if this section is the easier section and costs arounnd 2-300 million then the bredbury link which goes underground costs 600-800 million what chance do you think weve got of that going ahead but in the mean time weve got to deal with more traffic as forecast by the the councils plans!
Norma_Stitts
Supervised

Norma_Stitts
15th October 2013 at 2:37AM, Edit: 15th October 2013 at 2:43AM by Norma_Stitts
Glen, try some mouth wash?

You are such a 'try hard' now.

May I suggest that you 'try hard' at installing a spell checker?

I have a few spare basic grammar kits going, free to those in need?
glenandem
Citizen

glenandem
15th October 2013 at 7:40AM
Sorry Norma I type on the iPhone and it either changes words completely with predictive text to something that I'm not even trying to spell or on the other hand it doesn't want to correct something wrong that my chubby finger presses two letters on the phone screen together or misses them out!
I type pretty fast on the iPhone and it doesn't keep up,I've typed slower here and there shouldn't be any mistakes hopefully.
1 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
Norma_Stitts
Supervised

Norma_Stitts
15th October 2013 at 9:27AM
That one from 8pm last night is like a huge impenetrable wall of text. It will make World news when someone breaks that down...

1 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
Serenity
Citizen

Serenity
15th October 2013 at 10:04AM
Glenandem I live near Asda and at night from about 2am the A6 does quieten down somewhat until around 5.30 when it starts to get busy again. So what I meant by getting busier at night was not that it isn't busy at night now but that in the future as a result of commuters, HGV's etc. getting to the new road there will be no quite time as the A6 will be being used constantly.

Years ago someone who worked for the council's highways told me its not what going on top of the A6 that's the real worry it what's going on underneath (with the Victorian sewers) that's the real concern for the future, especially with the extra amount of traffic that will be trying to pass over such a small section of road. Well there's a thought....
spectrum
Villager

spectrum
6th November 2013 at 3:24PM, Edit: 6th November 2013 at 3:34PM by spectrum
I take it from William Wraggs recent tweet that his support made no difference.

"William Wragg ‏@William_Wragg 31 Oct
Pleased to have supported Hazel Grove residents on @SEMMMSA555 A shame that Liberal Democrat councillors ignored them..."

On a positive note, Cheshire East won't have to build a Poynton bypass as no substantial traffic will be able to get there from Hazel Grove.

Only just noticed via the planning application that there is going to be a central concrete barrier along the route, its going to look amazing.

glenandem
Citizen

glenandem
6th November 2013 at 5:52PM
hi spectrum not sure what you mean there, firstly what does cllr wragg mean by made no difference?
and secondly why wont traffic be able to get to poynton because of the central reservation barrier, wont there be junctions at fiveways to turn off to poynton and also near woodford?
<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >>

Tagged With..

More about SEMMMS / Hazel Grove & Poynton Bypass / A555 MAELR

Main

Places

Opinions

Create