Local Consultation Sham

<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >>

spectrum
Villager

spectrum
Re: Local Consultation Sham
22nd May 2013 at 4:59PM, Edit: 22nd May 2013 at 5:06PM by spectrum
FivewaysGrover Wrote:

I've lived in the Grove all my life and my house now overlooks Norbury Hall Farm fields - so, yes, being selfish, the road is an eyesore I could do without. But on balance I think the road will on balance be of benefit IF they get the junction right.

I would have thought “Option 2” on Macclesfield road would be the worst choice for residents of the area near Norbury Hall farm; it would place the relief road junction right in the centre of Longnor road unless it is relocated further west.

Surely that would increase noise and reduce air quality in that area due to the stop start nature of traffic in three directions.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
glenandem
Citizen

glenandem
22nd May 2013 at 10:23PM
Let's face it, whichever way you look at there's gonna be more traffic as that's what roads do as well as take it away but i think hazel grove will see more especially as its a dual carriageways going and coming straight out of the airport lol!
I just can't see why at the moment in these times of struggle and kids schools closing,public services being stretched and hospitals going back to the old days why don't we have Somone going round and saying lets take that set of lights out, lets remove that stupid layout that was fine before let's smooth over these roads properly rather than a bodge job?
Surely it's common sense to get traffic flowing better, ie traffic at night through the grove has a lot to do with thrm lights at windlehurst that cause lines all the way back, I remember when they wasn't there and traffic wasnt that bad?
If all that money spent on poynton and they call it a success taking the lights out then why not do that in the grove by taking a few lights out but then again have u been down poynton, no one knows who's going where!!!
FivewaysGrover
Villager

FivewaysGrover
22nd May 2013 at 11:16PM
So Cllrs Hogg and Corris are meeting Jim McMahon this week, and Cllr Wragg is meeting him next week. Lets hope we get a full and honest report back from these Cllrs on what was said on our behalf - as Hazel Grove residents - and what was said by Jim McMahon - the voice of the Airport development team who want the cheapest possible route into the airport - apparently.
noroadm
Banned
23rd May 2013 at 8:42AM
That is because they have no money and time is running out before the next election

Do we really want the cheapest half cocked route to spoil the lansdcape for years to come ?

At the last consultation which is what this thread is about Jim Mcmahon was out voted and his prefereed option thrown out

Back to the drawing board

They need to listen to the residents who are being effected - thay is why they had these consultations

issues remaining

1. Protected woodland   in varios places along the route

2. E U law pressing on the UK government with regards to high pollution levels

3. The junction options sham that we are talking about here

This post has been removed by a Forum Moderator because it broke the house rules.

Reason: Off Topic

Norma_Stitts
Supervised

Norma_Stitts
24th May 2013 at 11:33PM
noroadm Wrote:

1. Protected woodland   in varios places along the route

2. E U law pressing on the UK government with regards to high pollution levels

3. The junction options sham that we are talking about here

Glad you have finally had your post approved.

1. It's some trees. Guess what happens with trees? They drop seeds, they germinate and become trees themselves. For me, as someone who grows my own veg (as sad as it sounds), this is a weak argument. It's part of nature. They can be planted elsewhere. It's only a tree. As I touched on months ago, there is a LOT of this 'ancient woodland' but who cares? Did you know that there was 'ancient woodland' in Hazel Grove before you started crying over the relief road? No.

2. Thrown out.

3. Someone has posted the stats so how is it a 'sham'? Oh, sorry, it's a 'sham' as it doesn't suit your outlook?
noroadm
Banned
25th May 2013 at 7:34AM, Edit: 25th May 2013 at 7:35AM by noroadm
1. It's some trees. Guess what happens with trees? They drop seeds, they germinate and become trees themselves. For me, as someone who grows my own veg (as sad as it sounds), this is a weak argument. It's part of nature. They can be planted elsewhere. It's only a tree. As I touched on months ago, there is a LOT of this 'ancient woodland' but who cares? Did you know that there was 'ancient woodland' in Hazel Grove before you started crying over the relief road? No.

ANSWER   = YES   I DID   . I LIVE IN THE AREA   AND I AM FAMILAR WITH MY SURROUNDINGS

2. Thrown out.

ANNSWER = NO IT HAS NOT . THE OFFICIAL EVIRONMENTAL GROUPS ARE STILL CAMPAIGNING AND THE GOVERNMENT HAVE AGREED TO PROTECT IT. AS A DEMOGRACY WE HAVE VOTED IN THE GOVERNMENT TO ACT ON OUR BEHALF .

3. Someone has posted the stats so how is it a 'sham'? Oh, sorry, it's a 'sham' as it doesn't suit your outlook?

ANSWER . WERE YOU AT THE CONSULTATION MEETING ? ALL THOSE PRESENT THOUGHT IT WAS A SHAM AND VOTED JIM MCMAHON OUT . HE WENT OUT OF THE MEETING DEFEATED AND BACK TO THE DRAWING BOARD
Coleman
Area Admin

Coleman
25th May 2013 at 10:28AM
This thread is making me dizzy!
Norma_Stitts
Supervised

Norma_Stitts
25th May 2013 at 12:37PM
Correct noroadm, as a democracy we have voted in the Government to act on our behalf. On that basis why don't you shut up about this road?

It's NIMBY tree-hugging, lentil munching prats who grasp at any little fact that will end up getting cars banned from cities at this rate.

I assume as you are so against pollution and traffic that you have handed your licence back to the DVLA and disposed of your car?

Who would have thought that people attending a consultation about it, who by nature will be opposed to it and therefore not a demographic representation, would be against it? Blimey, the mind boggles. Another weak argument.
0 Likes 1 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
noroadm
Banned
25th May 2013 at 1:19PM
Next shoutdown Norma   ??
<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >>

Tagged With..

More about SEMMMS / Hazel Grove & Poynton Bypass / A555 MAELR

Main

Places