Local Consultation Sham

<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >>

Norma_Stitts
Supervised

Norma_Stitts
Re: Local Consultation Sham
17th May 2013 at 10:17PM
FivewaysGrover Wrote:

Kevin Hogg is meeting the project team next week. Email him NOW. Let him know exactly what you think of Option 1.

Councillor Hogg describes our feelings as 'disquiet' - he needs to know from as many people as possible that we are horrified at the withdrawal of Option 2. Email him NOW

cllr.kevin.hogg@stockport.gov.uk

Thanks for the advice.

I'm just compiling an email to him now saying to go with option 1 and to ignore the disquiet Internet campaign to spam his email.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
FivewaysGrover
Villager

FivewaysGrover
18th May 2013 at 12:14AM
Thanks Tits.. Sorry... Stitts. Go play games somewhere else. This is about preserving quality of life in Hazel Grove. If Option 1 happens its another nail in the coffin. We're not spamming... It's his democratically available councillors email address. If anybody has his personal email address... keep it to yourself. But email him now and tell him Option 1 is not acceptable.
FivewaysGrover
Villager

FivewaysGrover
18th May 2013 at 12:26AM
So far Stuart Corris and William Wragg have appeared to show no interest whatsoever in the biggest thing to impact on Hazel Grove in my life time. So far I totally understand why, at the age of 48, I've never taken a councillor seriously. I guess they just don't know how to represent people.
OliverJohnstone
Hazel Grove Councillor

OliverJohnstone
18th May 2013 at 9:08AM
Actually Fiveways, you will find that Cllr Wragg has pushed for a greater consultation and a focus on fair compensation for those affected directly from the start. Little unfair to say he has shown no interest.

From my own point of view, the consultation has not been advertised clearly enough because I had no idea that the event mentioned was happening - otherwise I would have been there - being an interested resident after all.
FivewaysGrover
Villager

FivewaysGrover
18th May 2013 at 7:08PM
Email your councillors and ask them who was invited to the forums and what was the criteria - and ask them to challenge the project group.
FivewaysGrover
Villager

FivewaysGrover
18th May 2013 at 7:15PM
William Wragg represents Hazel Grove. I am asking him to challenge the MAELR project team on their decision making processes. So far - as a resident of Hazel Grove - I haven't seen or heard sight nor sound of William Wragg since he was elected. Option 1 is the biggest potential cock up in Hazel Grove's development since the turnpike era. He needs to step up to the mark and get involved.

I live within 120m of where the road will pass. I don't want someone working their nuts off to squeeze me another couple of grand compensation. I want them to work their nuts off to make sure we get the right junction option to preserve our quality of life. I do not want to spend the next 20 years sitting in a traffic jam on Dean Lane for 10 hours a week!!

Wragg, Hogg and Corris need to step up and get involved. NOW.
cllrkevinhogg
Hazel Grove Councillor

cllrkevinhogg
19th May 2013 at 4:06PM
I am listening to the complaints. I have arranged a meeting with the project team to discuss a way forwards. Jumping up and down will get nowhere as it is rational debate that will suceed.
The traffic light junction is an option only at the moment nothing has been decided as yet. an underpass taking Macc Rd under is not really possible due to the distances required to construcit and slip rds. A bridge over with a roundabout could be possible but will take up lots more land and will affect Darley Rd badly as it would mean the slip rds would be visible for some distance.
Taking the MAELR Rd under may be a better solution and I will discuss this with the design team as it may also not be possible.
Perhaps having no junction ther could also be possible but that would make Macc Rd very busy as traffic would have to use the Rising sun Junc to access the new Rd.
So there is no simple solution but what is agreed will take all views into account not just a few shouting louder than others.
E mail me by all accounts I will listen as I have done already, replying to several residents already as has been mentioned.
FivewaysGrover
Villager

FivewaysGrover
19th May 2013 at 5:21PM
Option 2 is taking the MAELR under Macclesfield Road. Of course it will be more expensive - but the project director assured us that funding is in place for all the options that were consulted upon. Option 2 is possible - it is far more preferable than Optiom 1.

This is not about some shouting more loudly than others. Every single resident at the meeting on 14th May was against Option 1. Some one has to shout loudly or the unanimous view of local residents will continue to be ignored.

I am pleased you are meeting next week. I hope you will be robustly representing our views. Option 2 is viable and needs to be reinstated and the project team should be challenged on the reasons for treating Option 1 as a 'preferred' option.
Goggins
20th May 2013 at 6:20PM
FivewaysGrover Wrote:

This is not about some shouting more loudly than others. Every single resident at the meeting on 14th May was against Option 1. Some one has to shout loudly or the unanimous view of local residents will continue to be ignored.

It is about shouting louder than others. A consultation has taken place on this junction and, to quote the report findings, "There is a clear preference for Option 1, with 40% (3,624) of respondents stating that they are in favour of this junction option compared to 25% (2,277) of respondents who stated that they prefer Option 2". The only people who are likely to attend further meetings about something that has already been consulted on are, I would suggest, those who are not happy with what the consultation found. You are a self-selecting group and your unanimity tells us only that the people opposed to Option 1 are opposed to Option 1. It is your right to campaign for your preferred option but suggesting that they should switch to Option 2 because nobody wants Option 1 seems to be a strategy that is doomed to fail.

I don't understand the basis for your belief that Option 1 will cause congestion. Surely, with reduced traffic on Macc Rd this is unlikely to be a problem?
noroadm
Banned
21st May 2013 at 1:07PM
Mr Hogg

do you actually attend the consulation forum with effected residents ?
<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >>

Tagged With..

More about SEMMMS / Hazel Grove & Poynton Bypass / A555 MAELR

Main

Places

Opinions

Create