12 Supporters 11 Opposers

LibDems push it further

FivewaysGrover
Villager

FivewaysGrover
LibDems push it further
22nd January 2014 at 12:48PM
Disturbed to see that the LibDems, having failed to challenge the hopelessly inadequate junction at the Fiveways, are now pushing for the road to be completed to Bredbury - potentially doubling the traffic that will be crossing Macclesfield road in what will become a south western loop extension of the M60/M56. It would be laughable if it wasn't so insane. If you can imagine the flow of traffic on the M60 at rush hour, you can have a pretty good idea how long Macclesfield road traffic will be left to sit on red lights, and what the resulting gridlock around Hazel Grove will be like.

LibDems - you need to to get your heads felt - locally and nationally.
1 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
slim
Townsperson

slim
Re: LibDems push it further
22nd January 2014 at 6:42PM
I believe cllr wragg voted against the road .
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
glenandem
Citizen

glenandem
23rd January 2014 at 9:07AM
good on him he's really a top bloke!, seems to be more in touch with fellow grovers than other cllrs!
has anyone seen the lib dem paper thats been posted through everyones door, theyre really pushing that woman from london who's now a local lol, she's on every page and one section praising stunnel for getting this half road given the go ahead so presume its happening despite all the complaints and votes against it?
she's also saying she will be pushing hard for the other section to bredbury,it all stinks of vote campaigning to me and in reality if she really was a local she would understand that the bredbury section will never go ahead in reality due to the costs and all theyve done is plant more traffic and misery on our local areas from the airport and attract more traffic too!
vulcanman
Townsperson

vulcanman
24th January 2014 at 4:24PM
I am astounded at the arrogance of the LD party bringing in a carpet bagger for the 2015 general election. I hope to meet Ms Smart on a doorstep and tell her so. Wouldn't you have thought they would have learns from the Cons last time around.
glenandem
Citizen

glenandem
24th January 2014 at 7:43PM
im not much of a politics man pal, bit i hear many people saying the lib dems have been in power in stockport so long they think theyve got they own it!
to me when you look at all the shady goings on from the 5 million sk fiasco to other little things you hear and read then these lot really have to be voted out, the problem is though who can go in place!!
Fi_nix
Top Reviewer

Fi_nix
24th January 2014 at 10:53PM
vulcanman Wrote:

I am astounded at the arrogance of the LD party bringing in a carpet bagger for the 2015 general election. I hope to meet Ms Smart on a doorstep and tell her so. Wouldn't you have thought they would have learns from the Cons last time around.

I think Ms Smart is local Vulcanman - I may be wrong on that but I think she's been around these parts for quite some time. She's a gov. at Torky primary school as well, I think.

As for that Fiveways junction, it's lunacy, with or without the Bredbury connection. Traffic lights are going to be absolute hell, not just for those that live around Fiveways but for miles around that too.
vulcanman
Townsperson

vulcanman
25th January 2014 at 8:18PM
Sorry you are incorrect ... She was a local fir elections in London in 2012 ... Search for yourself ... She has been parachuted in, her local address is probably the Stunnell office in Romiley ... They try to make her look 'local' by appointing her as a school Governor ... Don't fall for it ...
Bunkers
Idler

Bunkers
15th February 2014 at 1:03PM
Perhaps objectors should try to travel sections of the route from the M60 to Handforth Dean at busy periods of any day of the week and work out how much time, fuel and carbon emissions this journey wastes not to mention the hazards potholes, and fumes that those living along the route are forced to suffer.
yes I love our Cheshire countryside and have walked and cycled the lanes for over 60 years - how much more peaceful these roads will become when our 20/21st Century road management traffic problems are resolved.J
glenandem
Citizen

glenandem
16th February 2014 at 1:54PM
yeah and you want to travel along the a6 at peak times too!, i travel both on a regular basis and theyre both not great but i object to the section in hazel grove as its already busy enough without extra traffic thats forecast to come to the area and buy the way many say the areas your talking about will get busier too, theres even an article in stockport express with a cheadle cllr moaning about the homes that will be built near the a34 and the traffic they will bring but he's happy to allow the airport relief rd to dump more traffic in our already busy area!

This post has been deleted by the author.

More about SEMMMS / Hazel Grove & Poynton Bypass / A555 MAELR

Main

Places

Opinions

Create