12 Supporters 11 Opposers

Let me get this straight...

<< 1 2 3 4 5 >>

glenandem
Citizen

glenandem
Re: Let me get this straight...
21st June 2013 at 9:51AM
haha love it, while they've got the diggers there why not pull down the scaffold pipes made to look like a piece of art lol!
it really is easy to see this is where the traffic congregates and thats the area that if sorted will get traffic flowing so much nicer!
small rounndabouts would give the grove a towny feel in my mind too like poynton maybe?
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
Serenity
Citizen

Serenity
21st June 2013 at 10:08AM
I feel that there is a real need for something to be done very soon, purely on the grounds of the unacceptable levels of pollution in that particular spot. Surely the powers to be should be monitoring this problem and looking for better ways in reducing this problem instead of adding to it by introducing even more traffic.
Coleman
Area Admin

Coleman
21st June 2013 at 2:01PM
I have to admit, i find it incredibly frustrating when i see how bad the traffic flows between great moor and asda, especially when there a few very easy, cheap and simple solutions to it!

Either the council actually want this traffic flow (god knows why) or they are simply to think to realize what everyone else knows and to sort it out!
glenandem
Citizen

glenandem
21st June 2013 at 3:40PM
hi coleman, my conspiracy theory is the council know its a problem that could be fixed or made to flow better with a few changes but they dont want to help move traffic as whats the point in having the airport link road or bypass as they like to call it, in turn if it gets the go ahead they'll get a nice bag of cash from the gov and do a cheaper road while a few million goes missing on companys made up and subcontracted by the council who have board members who happen to be cllr's!!!
abit like solutions sk fiasco but we cant talk about that lol, god im getting like that woman who's always harrasing the council with her theorys!
but seriously the airport link rd wont help that certain area one bit, as traffic will still get backed up due to lights and traffic wanting to go into and out of sainsburys, asda etc?
Coleman
Area Admin

Coleman
21st June 2013 at 3:58PM
Although not one for conspiracy theories i must say i wouldn't be at all surprised if there is at least an element of truth to that!

I've seen first hand what sort of dodgy deals the council has in place with itself!

Maybe one day we will get a councillor who actually gets in and fixes some of these problems, but i won't hold my breath!
ComfortablyNumb
Villager

ComfortablyNumb
21st June 2013 at 5:52PM
Serenity Wrote:

I feel that there is a real need for something to be done very soon, purely on the grounds of the unacceptable levels of pollution in that particular spot. Surely the powers to be should be monitoring this problem and looking for better ways in reducing this problem instead of adding to it by introducing even more traffic.

I seem to recall a thread on this forum (18 months --2 years ago approx) regarding the measurement of pollution levels and how they are meant to be within certain guide lines , tolerences etc. Does anyone have information on this,maybe a councillor could help on this subject
Serenity
Citizen

Serenity
21st June 2013 at 7:17PM
Is there something somewhere that gives some clear evidence that building this new road will decrease traffic congestion in the Grove. Therefore why should building a new road to the airport be put into the equation as a possible solution to reducing the traffic flow through the Grove. Everyone knows by now that building it all points to it making matters worse not better for the Grove.

I can't help but feel very let down surrounding the environmental issues in relation to the Grove by the powers to be. And as far as I'm concerned a few green buses goes nowhere in solving this problem. Proper thought should have gone into the planning in the first place.

glenandem
Citizen

glenandem
21st June 2013 at 7:47PM
As well as the green buses don't forget the big site next to rising sun that's going to be turned into a park n ride, but we've not seen anything of that in months and months, maybe something else that could take a few cars off the road in the morning/night traffic!
The best thing the 290 million could be spent on is improving roads and extending the trams to this side of Stockport, simple just a shame we have certain cllrs fighting for a relief rd for the airport and not hazel grove, anouther who doesn't say much but likes to get knighted off the queen and the rest who knows as they don't have the bottle to say whether they're for or against it?
Norma_Stitts
Supervised

Norma_Stitts
21st June 2013 at 10:12PM, Edit: 21st June 2013 at 10:14PM by Norma_Stitts
Coleman Wrote:

Although not one for conspiracy theories i must say i wouldn't be at all surprised if there is at least an element of truth to that!

I would echo that. I don't buy into this conspiracy theory rubbish either, a bit like the whole Lady/Princess Diana thing. It was the best 'belt up' campaign they never did...

It does make it easier to push through a resolution if you inflate the problem.

ComfortablyNumb Wrote:

Serenity Wrote:

I seem to recall a thread on this forum (18 months --2 years ago approx) regarding the measurement of pollution levels and how they are meant to be within certain guide lines , tolerences etc. Does anyone have information on this,maybe a councillor could help on this subject

Not 18 months ago but you are correct. Here is the link, they show a net reduction as I pointed out by disecting Ian's usual fiction...

Click here to read the latest Jackanory from Ian Cook!

glenandem Wrote:

As well as the green buses don't forget the big site next to rising sun that's going to be turned into a park n ride, but we've not seen anything of that in months and months, maybe something else that could take a few cars off the road in the morning/night traffic!
The best thing the 290 million could be spent on is improving roads and extending the trams to this side of Stockport, simple just a shame we have certain cllrs fighting for a relief rd for the airport and not hazel grove, anouther who doesn't say much but likes to get knighted off the queen and the rest who knows as they don't have the bottle to say whether they're for or against it?

That's not a traffic calming measure, it is a business decision by Stagecoach to increase bus users. If you put it into the grander scheme of things, there is probably enough parking for maybe 400/500 cars at a guess? A fart in a hurricane in the grander scheme of things when you account for the volume of traffic using the 192 route each day.
Serenity
Citizen

Serenity
22nd June 2013 at 3:09AM, Edit: 22nd June 2013 at 9:21AM by Serenity
I’m not one to be blinded by ongoing reports producing up and down statistics. I’m quite happy to trust in what I see, smell and hear. And what I see are hundreds of vehicles producing extremely high levels of dangerous pollution from smelly fumes and noisy engines.

It seems oblivious (at least to me) that when you put five major car parks (Sainsbury’s, ASDA, ALDI, and Marks and Spencer, each holding over a hundred cars each) next door to a constantly congested part of a very busy main road it would be fair to say that the end result would be very poor air quality. No statistical reports were really needed in the first place to tell them that but still they were allowed to go ahead and built them anyway.

Years on you've now got people like like Andrew Stunnell raising his concerns (that were heard and acted upon) about the negative effects regarding the ASDA development in Marple eg; extra traffic, disruption and pollution, all the things the Grove now suffer from.

Then why oh why can’t anyone raise and sort out our genuine concerns and fight in our corner for the life and blood of the Grove.

It's ok to support local business investments but not at the cost of the health of the local community they wish to serve.
<< 1 2 3 4 5 >>