Let me get this straight...

<< 1 2 3 4 5 >>

iancook
Villager

iancook
Re: Let me get this straight...
20th June 2013 at 11:38AM
Hi There

Don't worry, Paula members and Ian do still monitor the comments being put on this local site, but we have decided that there is little point in getting into verbal squabbles with people that don't care or want to understand the bigger issues. Our time and effort at this important juncture of the campaign can be better spent campaigning elsewhere by creating national publicity to have questions asked about the projects at a higher level to create a delay to their process, which is running out of time and money every day.

One concern we have is that we will nee someone to coordinate a team of "Grovers" that can be called on at short notice to set up camps in the protected local woodlands, so that if SMBC start cutting down protected woodlands that are in the way, prior to the official application to remove them, we can all move in and "tree hug" to protect and protest about the actions...let someone at PAULA know if anyone can help here.

We have therefore moved our campaigning onto a higher platform, targeting the Council leaders ethics, government departments and national papers to highlight the incompetence of the A555 project business case, also linking this alongside the issues with the HS2 business case, that were questioned in the papers this week, (what we could repair and rebuild with all the money instead is a fantastic read!)....Its also been reported that the HS2 costs have now risen from £34bn to £53bn due to errors and inaccuracies in the budgeting, so the HS2 railway campaign project that Mr Osborne seems to want to push through Cheshire, is also being questioned at higher National levels, if that fails before the next election, then the whole Airport City project and A555 project funding, if its not been started will be hard pressed to be sanctioned by any new team.

See you all at the meetings part two of Lies, lies and more lies!!
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
cartman
Villager

cartman
20th June 2013 at 1:41PM
I think PAULA spends more time making the PAULA very inactive website look a bit wizzy than it does with any press campaign .. i cant tell you how many times i read or hear about what PAULA are doing and think to myself .. yes i want to be part of that ,i believe in what they are doing .. if we are pinning our hopes on this group to pull something out of the bag , the road is already built .

glenandem
Citizen

glenandem
20th June 2013 at 4:08PM
Just out of interest, noticed alot of guys in suits with what looks like could be planning maps etc at Simpsons bend quite a few times the last few days, anyone know what they're doing apart from being something to do with the airport relief rd possibly?
Norma_Stitts
Supervised

Norma_Stitts
20th June 2013 at 10:28PM
iancook Wrote:

Don't worry, Paula members and Ian do still monitor the comments being put on this local site, but we have decided that there is little point in getting into verbal squabbles with people that don't care or want to understand the bigger issues.

Do you not think that could be viewed completely differently? Maybe it is yourself that isn't taking into account the 'bigger issues', namely employment, improved transport links, better infrastructure, improved commerce for the North West etc?

I think so.

iancook Wrote:

Our time and effort at this important juncture of the campaign can be better spent campaigning elsewhere by creating national publicity to have questions asked about the projects at a higher level to create a delay to their process, which is running out of time and money every day.

For someone that talks about 'bigger issues' I will assume that you aren't aware of quantative easing? So I would like to thank yourself and all other PAULA members who were daft enough to ignore the searches when buying a house for potentially helping to devalue my savings and those of the people who chose not to play Russian Roulette at the time of purchasing a house. Many thanks.

As you claim to still be reading these boards I would like to point out that I have repeatedly acknowledged your inability to answer straight forward questions and your unflailing ability to ignore things when your fictitious jackanory statements/facts get blown out of the water - your 'polution statistics' being my favorite. They showed a MONSTEROUS decrease. If a guy on the Internet makes you look out of your depth with such ease, the Government would tear you to pieces.

I expect you will completely ignore the following question but lets give it a try anyway; As you are so concerned about the polution due to vehicles on the road, have you chosen to hand over your driving licence and sold your car/s? Your silence will be deafening. We both know the answer to that question don't we...
1 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
Fi_nix
Top Reviewer

Fi_nix
20th June 2013 at 11:15PM
Zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Never mind all this crap - what about that ruddy junction? I'm telling you, it's going to be jeffin' terrible. I've just seen an advert in the local rag inviting us to another meeting. Numerous venues for said meeting, except NOT Hazel Grove. I don't know if that speaks volumes or not but the way they are talking about it and from other posts further up thread, that junction is now considered a done deal - traffic lights and lump them. No. Just. No. It's shear madness. A poxy roundabout would make more sense. A traffic copper stood on a dining room chair in the middle of the road, blowing his wee whistle would make more sense even!
Norma_Stitts
Supervised

Norma_Stitts
20th June 2013 at 11:49PM
Fi-nix, I would agree that a roundabout is the best option.

My gripe is with those playing the 'victim' card as if they are hard done by. They aren't. They chose to buy the house in question and ignored the searches. They rolled the dice and they lost, tough luck IMO.

People, especially this 'PAULA' lot need to grow a pair. They are only victims as a result of their own choices, they need to take some responsibility. As stated, I am an American but I hate the 'blame culture' that allows people to sue for their own actions. People with 'gambling problems' think its right to sue a bookies for taking their money, people getting FREE NHS care think its fine to demand compensation for crap etc.

They need to take responsibility for their own life and choices and stop trying to blame other people. These people are the vermin of society. It's always someone else's fault and they think they should be compensated!?! They are only slightly up the hierarchy from a dole sponger.

Don't like it? Don't buy in the first place or sell up and sod off.
1 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
Serenity
Citizen

Serenity
21st June 2013 at 8:09AM
I’m not against the road in principle just don’t like to see it being heralded as a way of reducing traffic congestion and pollution for places such as the Grove.

However if anyone can tell me how this road will benefit the Grove or the places it passes through then I will be only too happy to change my viewpoint.

But until then my thoughts are that this road is just a way of introducing even more industry into our beautiful countryside and more traffic to our already congested Grove. And that’s why I’m TOTALLY against it.
glenandem
Citizen

glenandem
21st June 2013 at 8:44AM
Couldn't have put it better myself, why no roundabouts has been given at most if any of the jct's is beyond me oh apart from around woodford/bramhall?, i was coming home through the grove yesterday and you can see how the traffic was clear straight after sainsburys but was backing up towards natwest and I just wondered what could have been if they'd put a roundabout in instead of so many lights at sainsburys, who knows maybe it wouldn't have worked but in my mind traffic flows better with a roundabout?
As per my other post about all the things I noticed about certain areas being kept nicer than others, why doesn't this money go into making areas look nicer and towards repairing the roads properly and making adjustments so traffic flows better, there's only tweaks needed here and there, it's blindingly obvious to me that it all congregates from commercial lights to sainsburys lights so why not adjust something there?
Then there's great moor where they've put parking bays in but people still want to park on a6 inc the car sales places that like to use the a6 as a second sales pitch and all that backs traffic up through stepping hill lights and finally your clear pretty much from there untill you get to near Honda in Stockport where they've put the bus lane that's empty most of the day even though people can drive in it at certain times of the day, but has anybody noticed the works Stockport council are doing at the mo near grand central that's going to take 6 months, they've messed the a6 up there good and proper with new road markings while the old ones are pretty much still visible!!!
What chance have they got of building a bypass, I think it's a ploy to get more money for the council rather than to build a road, they'll probably build a half arsed road but put different fancy lights in and nicer traffic friendly roundabouts in bramhall area but the rest can have a cheap money saving road that doesn't help traffic!
Coincidently I was speaking to a person in a shop up high lane the other day and they was actually chatting about it when I got to the till and they wasn't happy about the possible extra 5-6000 cars a day being attracted to this airport relief rd, so it looks like there's a few other areas not happy about it!!
Serenity
Citizen

Serenity
21st June 2013 at 9:33AM, Edit: 21st June 2013 at 9:47AM by Serenity
Simple solution at least to improve the Grove's traffic congestion anyway ....knock down those derelict cottages opposite the paint shop get rid of that daft metal tree and with the space created introduce a roundabout simpler to the one that was built for the community of Poynton. The Grove desperately needs something to improve the flow of traffic and to assist in reducing the pollution emissions before we're all choked to death from the fumes.

As for the cost Sainsbury's and ASDA should be made to pay the bill as it's their need for these traffic systems which has created the problem in the first place. And it's their stores that are getting all the business and the profits. Whilst the residents of the Grove continue to suffer from the backed up traffic.

1 Likes 1 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
Fi_nix
Top Reviewer

Fi_nix
21st June 2013 at 9:43AM
Serenity, if you ran for council, you'd get my vote just on the above post alone!
<< 1 2 3 4 5 >>