12 Supporters 11 Opposers

Let me get this straight...

<< 1 2 3 4 5 >>

Fi_nix
Top Reviewer

Fi_nix
Let me get this straight...
3rd June 2013 at 9:04AM

I live on Torky road. I do NOT oppose the new road. However...

Have I got the story straight here? Where the road hits Fiveways, two options were on the table. One was traffic lights and the other was the road going underneath the existing A523.

Lots of people who DO NOT live around Fiveways, or indeed, Hazel Grove, have voted for traffic lights at this point. Cheshire East prefer traffic lights because that keeps the whole junction on Stockport's side of the fence. People in Cheadle and Heald Green have voted traffic lights because it's kinder to the local insect and rabbit population. The people who actually live in the area or travel through it regularly and absolutely KNOW that traffic lights will totally grid-lock that whole bloody area and then some, are pretty much being ignored because the people who DO NOT know the area nearly so well, make up the larger proportion of votes?

So the tunnel option, which would keep traffic on all routes free-flowing, is now 'off the table' and won't be revisited as an option on the basis of one, ill-informed, round of voting.

Is that right? Have I understood that correctly?
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
Norma_Stitts
Supervised

Norma_Stitts
Re: Let me get this straight...
4th June 2013 at 12:53AM
OMFG, noroadm is a HAXXOR!
0 Likes 1 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
glenandem
Citizen

glenandem
4th June 2013 at 5:10AM
There's uninformed voting going on everywhere!
They're just going through the motions pretending they're asking for people's views and choice of options but in reality they've probably decided on the route already and costs which are so important to keep down to try and get it passed off so that means having basic layouts that will cause more traffic like throwing basic lights at most junctions instead of digging more tunnels to run under roads or having roundabouts instead that keep traffic flowing?
But don't worry coz jim will fix it!!!!
soapy_duck
Villager

soapy_duck
4th June 2013 at 10:07AM
I agree, the whole process was a box ticking exercise and I made this very clear on the form under the section for additional comments. I said that the way it was all written was very biased to basically make people pick the option that the people in charge had already decided on.
glenandem
Citizen

glenandem
4th June 2013 at 6:48PM
did anyone get the second leaflet today with the second survey, its all just a load cock and bull!!
i just find it crazy not to give an option on what will probably be the most important junction, the a6 where it starts/finishes?
surely there should be better option than anouther set of lights and t junction.
that will gaurantee to backlog traffic into the grove or back into high lane the other way, just seen a post on facebook where they claim the route to the south(a6 end) will see traffic rise just 4600 cars more, surely it will be way more otherwise there wouldnt be any point in spending £290 million just for a few more thousand cars?
ive put strongly disagree for most of the questions but knowing this survey as other people have said its twisted to suit the needs of the council,maybe they'll put strongly disagree as for the route!
Serenity
Citizen

Serenity
5th June 2013 at 7:28AM, Edit: 5th June 2013 at 7:38AM by Serenity
I'm not for the road, purely because I've still seen no real evidence that clearly shows any improvements to the traffic congestion in the Grove or any other area it passes though. Which is what I thought the initial plans were designed to do. All I see is a road being built to pamper the few commuters who will end up using it.

And as for adding even more traffic lights to control the flow of traffic ..well we've all seen what that bright idea created from the constant tailback of traffic stuck outside Asda each day, so that's not going to work.

On the upside (LOL) if this road does go ahead then the only thing we can hope for is that the long tailbacks of traffic (from each direction) will put commuters off ever using it again.

Just another waste of money (in my opinion) in a time when there's so many better things to be spending money on.

I keep hoping to hear from the PAULA campaigners or from Ian to see how they now feel about the latest news but it all seems to have gone very quite.

soapy_duck
Villager

soapy_duck
5th June 2013 at 8:56AM
The 1 positive thing I can see about the new scheme is the cycle path. I will definitely be using this (unfortunately it doesn't work for my commute, but it is suitable for visiting my parents).
glenandem
Citizen

glenandem
5th June 2013 at 1:25PM
That's very true soapy duck, the cycle path would be the only useful thing!
Surely £290 million for 6 miles of traffic lights and junctions just to help traffic from the airport rather than help this side of Stockport as its only going to bring more traffic as figures state but who believes these figures anymore lol
Why not push for the metrolink to come up this way and link with airport too as well as Manchester and as regards the roads, just make the roads smoother again and sort the junctions out causing problems, maybe take a few lights out?
Poynton have done it so they must think its better although I'm not sure if its helped or not?
The council seem to have they're mind set on this 6 mile road thinking it will help and if it linked to bredbury I think it could but that section will never ever get the go ahead and I don't care what anyone says, it will be way to expensive to build!
vulcanman
Townsperson

vulcanman
5th June 2013 at 3:06PM
The whole thing is a sham and has been from day 1. Hogg and his cronies on the council as ever have a great deal to answer for.
glenandem
Citizen

glenandem
5th June 2013 at 4:55PM
I don't understand it, we all know that this two bit road that can't be called a bypass unless it had the full link to bredbury that probably would make a difference but that section will never happen, then why are they fiddling figures and questionnaires?
They're just be something in it for them or the councils empty pot?
<< 1 2 3 4 5 >>