12 Supporters 11 Opposers

just recieved a bypass meeting letter!

<< 1 2 3 4 5 >>

glenandem
Citizen

glenandem
Re: just recieved a bypass meeting letter!
19th December 2012 at 8:52PM
Really interesting info there about Andrew stunnel, why would he be so interested in getting coal mining going again around our area, is he looking to sell some coal or something etc!!
I would be interested in hearing what he has to say to these comments and also cllr hoggs reply to the weight restricted bridge on windlehurst that won't allow hgvs head that way so them slow moving noisy trucks will be heading down past the bull then!
Also I don't recall anyone saying this was an official contact area for cllrs?
Isn't it just people talking openly on a forum about a half assed road that will wreck hazel grove further and hoping they're local cllr will reply, as cllr Hogg has stated he's always following these forums so why not put questions out there, at least that's one thing about Hogg, he might not be to many people's taste but he does reply to some posts!
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
Goggins
Villager

Goggins
19th December 2012 at 9:03PM
iancook Wrote:

It's been reported that Andrew Stunell (who never bothers to respond here on his local forum, could perhaps confirm his actions for his local community, that he represents) Stood up in the House of Commons recently to object to the proposal that open cast mining shouldn't be allowed within 500 meters of houses and roads.

Presumably that's this: http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm201011/cmhansrd/cm110211/debtext/110211-0002.htm#11021130000901 from Feb 2011 where, as a Government minister, he says " I do not want to irritate the House further, so let me say, in plain words, that the Government do not support the Bill. I shall explain why as we proceed"
and
"Current policy recognises that, in individual circumstances, it could be appropriate to have an adequate separation distance between the boundary of a minerals site and the nearest community. Any such distance must be properly justified. I have already said that local planning authorities-in Northumberland, for instance-are free to do that. The coalition Government believe that councils are best placed to make planning decisions for their local areas, and it is right that they should be free to carry on their role with minimal interference."
noroadm
Banned
20th December 2012 at 11:26AM
+1

cllrkevinhogg
Hazel Grove Councillor

cllrkevinhogg
20th December 2012 at 1:08PM
Where are these HGVs going to come fromthere are only a few through Marple.
It is quicker to access the motorway via Dooley Lane for them.
The main HGV traffic through Torkington Rd is headed North and unless the Gov will allow the building of the other half of this road that will not be solved
noroadm
Banned
20th December 2012 at 3:09PM
Then join us in campaigning against the road   - Mr Hogg
cllrkevinhogg
Hazel Grove Councillor

cllrkevinhogg
20th December 2012 at 3:22PM
I`d rather try platting fog. I have campaigned for this much needed road for nearly 30 years. I am not about to stop now. Nor, being involved far beyond the tiny minority against it, am I going to abandon the vast majority of people who want it.
I can understand, if you live close to it, your being dissapointed but a road has been planned for many years I think back as far as 1920. For Poynton to object is frankly odd as this will clear up the nightmare traffic at the double roundabout.
If we are to get the second half to Bredbury this must be built first
happy
Townsperson

happy
20th December 2012 at 3:45PM
Those roundabouts and shared area crossing things in Poynton are a danger I saw lorry nearly plough into a car because he just went across 1 but then didnt stop at next!!!! its a death waiting to happen....Silly silly choice made there
Adora
Area Admin

Adora
20th December 2012 at 4:50PM
cllrkevinhogg Wrote:

For Poynton to object is frankly odd as this will clear up the nightmare traffic at the double roundabout.

happy Wrote:

Those roundabouts and shared area crossing things in Poynton are a danger I saw lorry nearly plough into a car because he just went across 1 but then didnt stop at next!!!! its a death waiting to happen....Silly silly choice made there

Roundels, not roundabouts. Traffic speeds from all approaches are down massively. Traffic through put speeds at all approaches are faster by loads (calm, constant trickle rather than stop/start traffic lights). No accidents reported to the police (NONE / ZERO/ ZILCH) since the junction became operational. Over 26,000 vehicles a day and yes, it backs up during peak periods as one would expect, however, journeys through it take less time as you are constantly moving forwards, albeit slowly.

Just to clarify.

glenandem
Citizen

glenandem
20th December 2012 at 7:43PM
hi cllr hogg,top man for giving us a reply again and not shying away!
do you honestly really think the other section would ever get the go ahead if the costs of that part are astronomical compared to this section?
it will never happen and this section is pretty useless without it, i personally would be all for it if it was the whole shebang but i just cant see how it can help our area in the slightest bit and can only see more traffic being attracted and such a waste of beautifull land.
when you say poynton are against it, are you talking about the public in general or the poynton cllrs?
ComfortablyNumb
Villager

ComfortablyNumb
20th December 2012 at 7:53PM
Hello again Adora, you do get your panties in a twist over this roundabout (sorry roundel)scheme dont you,---- what is a "ROUNDEL" anyway in reference to the highway code, and how is it approached?. Were you involved in this road planing/scheme in some way? You also appear to be bringing into question your good friend Mr Hoggs ability to distinguish between the two. One other small point is how we easily drift off the original thread, which before now for that reason posts have been removed.
<< 1 2 3 4 5 >>

Tagged With..

More about SEMMMS / Hazel Grove & Poynton Bypass / A555 MAELR

Main

Places

Opinions

Create