12 Supporters 11 Opposers

just recieved a bypass meeting letter!

<< 1 2 3 4 5 >>

glenandem
Citizen

glenandem
just recieved a bypass meeting letter!
12th December 2012 at 6:43PM
just got home to find a letter from the council stating as my property is close by im being invited to the llf (local liason forum) no1 meeting at high lane village hall on the 22nd jan 630-8.00 pm and apparantly ive had a letter already explaining the llf and how it will work with the local affected public?
strange as this is the first ive heard of this, does anyone know anything about this llf and will anyone be going?
im supposed to contact the council to confirm if im attending or not!
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
Dolores
Villager

Dolores
Re: just recieved a bypass meeting letter!
13th December 2012 at 3:07PM
I think the residents nearest the proposed road have been invited to these forums. There are at least five groups, as I'm in LLF5. I'd certainly go along and make your feelings known.
glenandem
Citizen

glenandem
13th December 2012 at 7:14PM
its supposed to be a sit around a table meeting!
i'll definately be going to ask them to explain all theyre stated facts of rising traffic in our area if it goes ahead and how is that supposed to help any of us and the fact that they pummel through some of the nicest areas of stockport!
how can they be allowed to plow through this protected wood that was had an application to extract coal a few years ago turned down and now theyre allowed to build a rd!
does anyone know if its still got the funding or not after the chancellors autumn statement?
noroadm
Banned
18th December 2012 at 10:46AM
I will also be going to the round table meeting

Use these meetings constuctivly to object agaisnt the road

iancook
Villager

iancook
18th December 2012 at 3:37PM
I got mine for the Poynton meeting so will be there to voice my objections

Interesting report in wilmslow express this week about Cheshire East Council already applying for another 1000 new houses just off the A555 Airport Link Road i believe around where it crosses the A34 http://menmedia.co.uk/wilmslowexpress/news/s/1595976_residents-say-theyve-been-dumped-on-with-new-town-plans-near-a34-handforth-bypass.

So if the "road to nowhere" goes ahead how many more of these housing and industrial sites will be built on Green Belt land.

SAVE OUR AREA NOW and reject the A555 airport link road...SMBC who are leading this have a public consultation period that's a complete Joke as half the information they are misleading their residents about is either out of date or still in a draft form that can be changed at a later date to suit them.

Have you noticed that technique of alternative closes being offered, "which junction do you prefer" so if you dont like one its automatic to accept the other.....refuse both!!!! its like double glazing salesmen offering 3 or 5 year payment plans, wood or plastic, double or triple glazed... you still end up with a sale, and repayments for years and years!!!

If SMBC can break the protesters to the route down into small groups around certain junctions its a lot easier to bully those smaller numbers around a table, rather than in a large open forum for the whole road, where professional people with forceful views will vehemently protest.

If you are invited to one of the smaller meetings, ask if you can bring you solicitor or no win no fee claims consultant along as an advisor...dont think they will be to happy.
iancook
Villager

iancook
18th December 2012 at 4:00PM
Have asked for the professional protest groups to post relevant awkward questions on this and other forum sites, so that those attending these private meetings will have a bank of pertinent and probing questions to ask the councillors pushing for this scheme.

I'm sure the 400 residents who signed the "NO Road Petition" around the corner from Boss Hogg on Torkington Road, who expect to see 90% increases in traffic down their road will want a say..... but wont get an invite as the road doesn't run near enough to them...they just get the effect and problems of it.

Boss Hogg says on this site most of the traffic from the Marple/Mellor/Glossop direction will use Wyndlehurst Road/Torkington Road Route to get to and from the "Road to Nowhere", what he failed to mention was that non of the heavy goods vehicles can use Wyndlehurst road as it has a weight restriction on it, so all that 90%+ increase could be Heavy Haulage traffic turning at the Bulls Head onto and off the A6.

Discuss it with a neighbour and discover more about why it's going to be Hell on Wheels in Hazel Grove, High Lane, Disley, Poynton, Bramhall........ dont include Wilmslow in that as George osborne is making sure his contstituancy is OK. interesting that 2 CEC Councillors fell on their own swords this week for breaking the rules....Shame SMBC dont have the same morals.

Christmas Cheer...

£50 to Charity for anyone getting the opportunity to film and post on You Tube, Boss Hogg, Mark Hunter or Andrew Stunell, singing Chris Rea's "Road to Hell" on karaoke this Christmas!!!
iancook
Villager

iancook
18th December 2012 at 4:14PM

It's been reported that Andrew Stunell (who never bothers to respond here on his local forum, could perhaps confirm his actions for his local community, that he represents) Stood up in the House of Commons recently to object to the proposal that open cast mining shouldn't be allowed within 500 meters of houses and roads. Apparently he was successful in his objection,, opening the way for coal or mineral mining to start again in the Grove...only a few more "quiet" stone wagons in the Grove won't matter will it Andrew?? ...then all of a sudden the open cast mining issue raises its head again in his constituency in relation to the A555 road to nowhere and Carrs Wood protected woodland area...coincidence??? or does Mr Stunell know someone, have a personal business interest or know something more than he is letting on about to his local voters???

Answers please???
noroadm
Banned
19th December 2012 at 1:31PM
Ditto   Mr Stnnell   - standup and be counted

One thing for certain we will NOT be voting for you
HG-21
Banned
19th December 2012 at 8:24PM
How many times do I need to explain. This is not an official medium to contact local officials.
You don't tweet GMP when your house has been broken into - the same principle applies.
iancook
Villager

iancook
19th December 2012 at 8:51PM
Sorry, but if you have t noticed GNP are on twitter and our local police post regular updates online..... So why not mp's and locally elected councellors, they rarely have time to meet people face to face. Modern technology helps.
<< 1 2 3 4 5 >>

Tagged With..

More about SEMMMS / Hazel Grove & Poynton Bypass / A555 MAELR

Main

Places

Opinions

Create