You said you could give a positive for every negative

0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
Serenity
Citizen

Serenity
Re: Hazel Grove Bypass Is Finally ON!
28th January 2013 at 2:22PM, Edit: 28th January 2013 at 2:32PM by Coleman
Coleman Wrote:

I've removed some of your excessive spacing, There really is no need, just like there is no need for these constant multiple posts, some of you need to start using your edit button!

Back to the subject though, Are you telling me that you see no positive points from this road?

How about the hundreds if not thousands of jobs it will create?

Or the increased road capacity, haven't you noticed how busy the uk's roads are?

What about, the potential for increased local investment?

Etc.

And as i have said before, this whole issue with chopping down a few trees is really a non-point, i'm sure that as part of the road construction there will be more trees planted than get cut down! Looking at the proposed plans, the road only seems to cut through a hand full of trees anyway!

Do you really think this road won't be built by EU workers Coleman.

I'm sad that you feel a protected wood that has been growing peacefully for hundreds of years is just a few trees that can be pulled down and planted somewhere else.

As for another road well like someone pointed out earlier no matter how many roads are built they too soon become just as congested.

And if they were planning to improve peoples lives they would have started with the bypass first.
Coleman
Area Admin

Coleman
28th January 2013 at 2:32PM, Edit: 28th January 2013 at 2:44PM by Coleman
I already have answered and given you several positives! If you are expecting a counter argument to each specific point then it isn't going to happen because a particular point will usually be positive or negative not both! I assumed you would realize that, obviously not!

Point is that, if there are 10 arguments against the road, there are 10 for it! And i use the figure 10 for illustrative purposes and not because i think there are actually 10 arguments for or against! Whether the arguments against it are stronger then those for is a matter of opinion of course.

Can't really make it any simpler than that!

Serenity Wrote:

Do you really think this road won't be built by EU workers Coleman.

I'm sure there will be a few, there will be a hell of a lot of local people too! And don't forget that there will be jobs created indirectly too!

Serenity Wrote:

I'm sad that you feel a protected wood that has been growing peacefully for hundreds of years is just a few trees that can be pulled down and planted somewhere else.

Why? Trees are renewable, plant them and they will grow so what is to stop some new ones being planted?
As i said i can't see any woodland on a local map, there are a few trees that would need to go, but it couldn't be more than 20 trees affected at a guess! Hardly like we're talking about major deforestation is it?

Serenity Wrote:

As for another road well like someone pointed out earlier no matter how many roads are built they too soon become just as congested.

All that tells us is that we are not building enough of them and/or we're not building them fast enough, which just strengthens the argument to build this road!

Serenity Wrote:

And if they were planning to improve peoples lives they would have started with the bypass first.

I assume by this you mean they should build the complete road (the bypass) instead of the airport relief road? Yeah it would be ideal if they were, but there's no money for that at present, so maybe we should take what we can and start campaigning for the other half!
noroadm
Banned
28th January 2013 at 3:03PM, Edit: 28th January 2013 at 3:04PM by noroadm
Coleman

Traffic levels are actually declining

They don't need to build the road

Also the Councils has no money , the national government has austerity measures which are severe and they are actually making redundencies in every council in the uk - heavey dedundencies and yet they plan this road   and the new national fast rail line which will also go through Cheshire's green fields

Jobs will be created short term by the workers brought in the build in - but in view   of no money and cost cutting by the councils they will probably be brought in from abroad

The builk of the jobs will be created at the Manchester Airport business hub - which yet again carves up vast swaithes of countryside     

For suistainable employment for the semms bypass see various ice cream vans parked up on the verge - that is all

OPEN YOUR EYES COLEMAN

Serenity
Citizen

Serenity
28th January 2013 at 3:14PM
I'm not trying to score points Coleman or win an argument. I'm just trying to suggust that there's more to life than building roads for the sole purpose of creating a quicker route to the airport which unfortunately is only going to benefit the few.

I can see where your coming from with some of the advantages, however on this occasion I personally think that the disadvantages out way the advantages. Does that sound familiar Coleman Lol..

Coleman
Area Admin

Coleman
28th January 2013 at 3:20PM, Edit: 28th January 2013 at 3:23PM by Coleman
noroadm Wrote:

Coleman

Traffic levels are actually declining

They don't need to build the road

Also the Councils has no money , the national government has austerity measures which are severe and they are actually making redundencies in every council in the uk - heavey dedundencies and yet they plan this road   and the new national fast rail line which will also go through Cheshire's green fields

Jobs will be created short term by the workers brought in the build in - but in view   of no money and cost cutting by the councils they will probably be brought in from abroad

The builk of the jobs will be created at the Manchester Airport business hub - which yet again carves up vast swaithes of countryside     

For suistainable employment for the semms bypass see various ice cream vans parked up on the verge - that is all

OPEN YOUR EYES COLEMAN      

What an ironic final sentence! rotfl

An extremely blinkered and short sighted view, although i have come to expect nothing more from you!

By the way, the number of vehicles on our roads decreased a tiny amount in 2010, due to the scrappage scheme, otherwise it has increased year on year, as it has for decades! More people, more cars, and more property, we need somewhere for them all to go. Hence new roads ans schemes like the Airport City and the proposed development on Woodford!

If you expect the world to stay as it is and for the population to decrease, then you'll be very disappointed because it's not going to happen!

Serenity Wrote:

I can see where your coming from with some of the advantages, however on this occasion I personally think that the disadvantages out way the advantages. Does that sound familiar Coleman Lol..

That's you're view and your entitled to it, and obviously the reason you are against the road!
noroadm
Banned
28th January 2013 at 3:31PM, Edit: 28th January 2013 at 3:35PM by noroadm
[QUOTE=Coleman][QUOTE=
---

Coleman - do you actually take time to read my posts ??

Dont worry Coleman - I recommend spec savers they will sort you out and i will send you a waney lap fence panel so you can sit on top of it   - do you want a morning delivery ?
Pedestrian
Villager

Pedestrian
28th January 2013 at 3:33PM
glenandem Wrote:

Hi pedestrian, yes of course you count but do you really need that many lights?
How did you cross before they put that many sets of lights within yards of each other?
I don't remember having any problems when I was younger crossing the rd, to me that's just one of the problems that's there's too many too close, if people need lights that close than its just an indication that this country is getting lazy when people can't walk to the next set of lights that aren't miles away sheesh!

Hi Glen, you think I'm lazy? Can't you see the irony there?
How did I cross the road before they put that many sets of lights within yards of each other?
Well, I was a lot younger then and there was less traffic. If you were a pedestrian, an older person with bags of shopping to carry, you wouldn't think the lights were as close together as you do as a driver.
Norma_Stitts
Supervised

Norma_Stitts
28th January 2013 at 4:23PM
noroadm Wrote:

in view of no money and cost cutting by the councils they will probably be brought in from abroad

Which, even on the basis that it would be cheaper (though I think you are forgetting living expenses) where do you think they will be staying, eating, paying tax etc?   

noroadm Wrote:

OPEN YOUR EYES COLEMAN

Ah, Ice cream vans. I forgot that booming winter trade...
Tyrawhitt
Townsperson

Tyrawhitt
28th January 2013 at 4:24PM
Now the bigger master plan comes to light. grin

By 2032 we will be a London commuting suburb. Hop on the bypass and get on the London trains at Manchester Airport. Hey Presto, London in 1hr 8 mins.
<< 1 2 3 ... 20 21 22 23 >>