12 Supporters 11 Opposers

Hazel Grove Bypass Is Finally ON!

<< 1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 >>

Norma_Stitts
Supervised

Norma_Stitts
Re: Hazel Grove Bypass Is Finally ON!
27th January 2013 at 11:50PM
Ian, could you not have put all of that into a single post instead of multi-posting like 'happy'?
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
glenandem
Citizen

glenandem
28th January 2013 at 7:06AM
Hi pedestrian, yes of course you count but do you really need that many lights?
How did you cross before they put that many sets of lights within yards of each other?
I don't remember having any problems when I was younger crossing the rd, to me that's just one of the problems that's there's too many too close, if people need lights that close than its just an indication that this country is getting lazy when people can't walk to the next set of lights that aren't miles away sheesh!
glenandem
Citizen

glenandem
28th January 2013 at 7:09AM
Well done Ian, some very interesting stuff you keep bringing up there, it's nothing I haven't really seen but it puts everything into perspective that this "airport relief rd" won't help us in the grove and surrounding areas, the new name of the rd says it all really it's a airport relief rd not a hazel grove or Stockport relief rd!
glenandem
Citizen

glenandem
28th January 2013 at 8:35AM
Just seen and read the news about this new high speed rail link that will be built and the cons who are going to campaign if it passes they're Cheshire countryside!
Makes you laugh when we don't have any mps campaigning against our Cheshire countryside being flattened!
Coleman
Area Admin

Coleman
28th January 2013 at 8:52AM
noroadm Wrote:

Coleman

be consistent

here you seem to be against the bypass - just like me

As i have said on numerous occasions, i fall in to the undecided/neutral category, and as such my understanding and opinion is dynamic.
As i learn more about it my view alters to suit that understanding. Although still i have seen no evidence and heard no argument which convinces me that this road is entirely bad or good.

Also note that my recent posts quite clearly say that the road MAY OR MAY NOT improve or add to traffic in the area, i believe now that it will have a negligible impact either way. But that's my view biased on my own thoughts. The only fact is that no one knows for sure what will happen in regards to traffic, all they can do is predict based on current data, there are to many variables for a certain answer!
Serenity
Citizen

Serenity
28th January 2013 at 10:14AM
Coleman Wrote:

noroadm Wrote:

Coleman

be consistent

here you seem to be against the bypass - just like me

As i have said on numerous occasions, i fall in to the undecided/neutral category, and as such my understanding and opinion is dynamic.
As i learn more about it my view alters to suit that understanding. Although still i have seen no evidence and heard no argument which convinces me that this road is entirely bad or good.

Also note that my recent posts quite clearly say that the road MAY OR MAY NOT improve or add to traffic in the area, i believe now that it will have a negligible impact either way. But that's my view biased on my own thoughts. The only fact is that no one knows for sure what will happen in regards to traffic, all they can do is predict based on current data, there are to many variables for a certain answer!

I'm really surprised at you Coleman. You don't normally sit on the fence. You've normally got such strong views on most subjects.

I can understand however why you feel undecided about this road solely baised on the facts that are being presented. There are probalby a lot more people like you who feel exactly the same why as you do and are unable to decide so they don't bother voting one way or the other. This is why I feel that the votes are seen to be more in favour of the road being built than against.

I can apprecaite that everyone is entitled to their views. However surely Coleman if you say that you are equally not in favour as in favour then how can you justify the huge cost, destroying the green belt and widelife and possibly increasing the traffic and pollution to the Grove for a road that you're not even sure will benefit anyone.

noroadm
Banned
28th January 2013 at 11:20AM
Norma_Stitts Wrote:

Ian, could you not have put all of that into a single post instead of multi-posting like 'happy'?

--

Was you post really necessary ?

Ian is giving us real constructive posts

Please don't troll then Norma
Coleman
Area Admin

Coleman
28th January 2013 at 12:17PM
The thing is Serenity, as i have said there are positives and negatives, those you list being some of the negatives of course, but for every negative i can see a positive.

For me it's a fairly balanced argument and that is why i feel the way i do about it! The way i look at it more roads will be built. And they need to be, even if its just down to a need for capacity.

If i was strongly for or against the road i'd be running with that, but i'm not. Call it fence sitting if you like but my belief is that this road will bring with it good and bad so why would i oppose or support it in that belief?
noroadm
Banned
28th January 2013 at 12:24PM, Edit: 28th January 2013 at 12:46PM by Coleman
Coleman Wrote:

The thing is Serenity, as i have said there are positives and negatives, those you list being some of the negatives of course, but for every negative i can see a positive.

For me it's a fairly balanced argument and that is why i feel the way i do about it! The way i look at it more roads will be built. And they need to be, even if its just down to a need for capacity.

If i was strongly for or against the road i'd be running with that, but i'm not. Call it fence sitting if you like but my belief is that this road will bring with it good and bad so why would i oppose or support it in that belief?

---

1   . Increased   Polluition

What is the postive ?

2   . 3 years of road building distruption

What is the postive

3.    Destroying protected woodland and greenbelt

What is the postive ?

4. Increased traffic fumes and noise to thousands of homes and families

What is the postive ?
Coleman
Area Admin

Coleman
28th January 2013 at 12:55PM
I've removed some of your excessive spacing, There really is no need, just like there is no need for these constant multiple posts, some of you need to start using your edit button!

Back to the subject though, Are you telling me that you see no positive points from this road?

How about the hundreds if not thousands of jobs it will create?

Or the increased road capacity, haven't you noticed how busy the uk's roads are?

What about, the potential for increased local investment?

Etc.

And as i have said before, this whole issue with chopping down a few trees is really a non-point, i'm sure that as part of the road construction there will be more trees planted than get cut down! Looking at the proposed plans, the road only seems to cut through a hand full of trees anyway!
<< 1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 >>