12 Supporters 11 Opposers

Hazel Grove Bypass Is Finally ON!

<< 1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 >>

glenandem
Citizen

glenandem
Re: Hazel Grove Bypass Is Finally ON!
26th January 2013 at 1:44PM
for me the only way this "airport relief rd" not bypass would work is if we had the full bypass which the bredbury section will never never ever get the go ahead so its just a waste of money, we never had any cllrs looking after our interests when sainsburys or asda was allowed to do what theyve done and theyre not standing up for us now, whats the point in having them especially three for each area when theres cut backs eft right and centre like the guy in the men who got laid off, you never see mp's getting the cut back do you?
how can stockport council be trying to push for this rd when they havent got a pot to p### in?
maybe they think they'll get the money from the gov and waste it on something else secretly????
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
Damien
Villager

Damien
26th January 2013 at 2:07PM
So the A6 is a nightmare now, and the "bypass" will only make it worse. First of all I would like to ask what you think should be done instead? As we can all admit the A6 could do with improvements.

However my second question is, where is this phantom traffic going to come from for this road?
I have been thinking about this a lot when reading posts that go on about it, and I just cannot think WHERE the traffic will come from.

Traffic coming from Buxton/High Lane end will jump on the "bypass" and never really bother Hazel Grove. Traffic may come from Marple, but does it not already? And people in Great Moor / Offerton will pass through Hazel Grove for the "bypass".
But I would argue people further towards Stockport end would not waste their time driving all the way down the A6 to use the shiny new "bypass", they will jump on the motorway as it'd be far quicker than sitting on the A6.

So again, where will this uncontrollable and unbearable amount of traffic suddenly appear from?
glenandem
Citizen

glenandem
26th January 2013 at 2:51PM
Who knows pal but its a fact new roads attract more traffic and I personally think it will attract more traffic after all that's what they're built for, what about all the traffic that instead of getting on the mway at the airport will think I'll get on the bypass to get to Sheffield Buxton ect then all that traffic will stop at the set if traffic lights where it meets the a6 at Simpsons and will cause a backlog through the grove because traffic will have to wait at these lights, have you ever seen the traffic when they have temp lights on the a6 anywhere past rising sun to high lane?
It just backlogs all the way down the grove everytime they do roadworks, that's why I feel If it goes ahead a roundabout junction would be much better as I believe was in the planning a few years ago but due to the railway line being so close, it's cheaper to plonk a t junction and a set of lights at Simpsons instead and we know from experience lights don't help hazel grove, in fact answering your first question as to what could be done, that would be the first thing I'd look into, removing one or two sets of lights and maybe look at a roundabout at sainsburys maybe, also stop the idiots parking on the a6 in great moor especially outside that car sales place in the daytime as that backlogs, I've noticed lately though the traffic for me when I set off to mcr to work about 7:30-8:00 that traffic for me moves ok all the way down the a6 untill I get near Honda in Stockport and to me that can only be due to that empty bus lane so why can't that system be looked at,and what about the trains and why has Stockport council not tried harder to get the trams into this side of Stockport?
I feel there's abit you could work with there to get traffic flowing maybe?
Norma_Stitts
Supervised

Norma_Stitts
27th January 2013 at 2:33PM
Is the A6 the only road in Hazel Grove?   confused
iancook
Villager

iancook
27th January 2013 at 5:41PM
Interesting question that we need a SMBC counsellor to answer. With the budget for the road being promoted at £290 million before overcosts. However interestingly this week SMBC have requested tender applications for the road with a value of only £140m.

As taxpayers, we really need to know where the other £150m will be spent? Perhaps there are a few more black holes that need filling in the SK solutions portfolio, and another question...why was it reported recently in council that SEMMMS budget was used to pay for the building of St. Peter's square.....nowhere near the SEMMMS route?

Lets see if we can get some answers???
iancook
Villager

iancook
27th January 2013 at 5:47PM

Sorry forgot to add the links to the tender requests

http://www.theconstructionindex.co.uk/news/view/stockport-puts-140m-relief-road-out-to-tender

http://www.theconstructionindex.co.uk/tenders/index/view/ref/2013%7CS%20017-024439/previous/page-1-keyword--country-UK-mainactivity--status-Contract%20notice-codenuts-
iancook
Villager

iancook
27th January 2013 at 5:54PM
Interesting website been set up nationally to put pressure on the government to look at George Osborne the work he is doing and the problems his constituents are having with him.

It's an interesting read and worth a vote of no confidence.

http://osborneout.wordpress.com/timeup/
iancook
Villager

iancook
27th January 2013 at 6:19PM, Edit: 27th January 2013 at 6:48PM by iancook
Just so that nobody is in any doubt,here is the link on this website to the missing smbc millions

http://www.civicr.com/suburb/hazel-grove/forum/smbc-hunts-for-unaccounted-millions-t3486-p1.html

And another worthwhile read on the web about the shenanigans going on in the SMBC

http://www.sheilaoliver.org/sk-solutions.html
newt21964
Villager

newt21964
27th January 2013 at 10:07PM
SEMMMS covers lots of things, not just the relief road proposals. So lots of projects eg bus corridors etc have come from SEMMMS
Pedestrian
Villager

Pedestrian
27th January 2013 at 10:41PM
Glen you said "we know from experience lights don't help hazel grove, in fact answering your first question as to what could be done, that would be the first thing I'd look into, removing one or two sets of lights"

Lights enable people like me, pedestrians to cross the road, or don't we count?
<< 1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 >>