12 Supporters 11 Opposers

Check the air quality in Hazel Grove Today

This Thread is Locked

This Thread has been locked by a forum moderator.

<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >>

noroadm
Banned
Re: Check the air quality in Hazel Grove Today
1st February 2013 at 9:18AM
Adora Wrote:

Okie dokie - this is getting personal and abusive. Keep it clean and no personal attacks. Totally appreciate this road is of great concern and emotions are running high but take it else where if you don't feel you can stick to the general rules of this forum.

--

Agreed

Thank you Adora
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
iancook
Villager

iancook
1st February 2013 at 6:25PM
I notice that I am still awaiting a reply from Ian. Strange that he hasn't answered why he ignored the searches point, isn't it? Maybe as he can only place the blame at his own feet?

Norma

I've actually been away and only picking up a few notices on here so sorry for not giving you the curtosy of a response.

I've lived in the grove, offerton and poynton for nearly 30 years and bought and sold houses with the full knowledge that the road could at some time be built.

In my current location, i'm over half a mile away from where the road is proposed to run, and if it happens yes i'll get some noise, but i get that from the airport and volume of traffic on my road anyway.

If the road is lucky enough to not be cocked up by Boss and his mates at the SMBC circus, then my road is expected to lose most of its traffic, returning it to a country lane again as it was 50 years ago.

My fight and beef is not for my back yard, but for the good of the children and their children in the poynton and hazel grove area. We dont want masses of extra cances and astmatics due to the road pollution, yes they will need the jobs in the future, but at what cost to the beautiful part of the world we live in. yes Hazel grove is beautiful, with its parks and proximity to the countryside.

How could anyone want to live in an urban sprawl where industrial unit after industrial unit litter the exits along the roads path and more and more houses spring up on the green belt.

Woodford has already been sold a bum steer with the film studio message only to see it turned into a mass housing estate the community and infrastructure cannot support...likewise other areas are already seeing planning applications going in. Handforth have a meeting soon with CEC leader Michael Jones (wonder if he's got to re-apply for his job as well??) to dispute the need for 7500 houses plus 1250 opposite handforth dean.....the A6 & A34 are already car parks in the rush hours and SMBC believe the new road will reduce congestion...if you were driving from Disley to Manchester will you go across to the the A34 car park or stay on the A6...

Hope that answers you question Norma.

Obviously the new pills are making you a little less aggressive and controvercial on the forum...double the dose and lets have some positive support!!!
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
iancook
Villager

iancook
New hybrid buses on A6- less polution???
1st February 2013 at 6:53PM
Nice to also see the new Hybrid Buses on the 192 route today...obviously the major issue with the Air Quality along the A6 has started to be addressed....but is it to little to late to save the road and the EU fines (London fined 300 million euros for poor air quality) that will follow when its highlighted in the public reports.

On the poor air quality issue, An interesting comparison to the proposed new road, is to look at the A556 that runs from the M56 to the M6 past Mere Golf and Country Club, fairly rural but a busy road, the Airport link Road will be similar to this in volume of traffic....

Always Remember the crutial EU Legal limit for The Air Quality Objective for Nitrogen Dioxide is 40 µg/m­­3 (Annual Mean)to get past the planners

http://www.cheshireeast.gov.uk/environment_and_planning/environmental_health/local_air_quality/what_is_pollution_like_near_me/diffusion_tube_monitoring/interactive_map/mere.aspx

Site
Type
Pollutant

Chester Road (c)
Other
NO2
2011- 37.0
2012 - 32.6

Chester Road (a)
Roadside
NO2
2011 - 61.0
2012 - 48.7

Chester Road (b)
Kerbside
NO2
2011 - 72.0
2012 - 55.1

Chester Road (d)
Kerbside
NO2
2011 - 51.0
2012 - 44.8

Chester Road (e)
Roadside
NO2
2011 - 54.0
2012 - 40.1

Chester Road (f)
Roadside
NO2
2011 - 32.0
2012 - 26.3

Chester Road (g)
Roadside
NO2
2011 - 39.0
2012 - 34.2

Chester Road (h)
Roadside
NO2
2011 - 36.0
2012 - 32.2

Chester Road / Old Hall Lane
Kerbside
NO2
2011 - 66.0
2012 - 49.0

Chester Road (i)
Roadside
NO2
2011 - 41.0
2012 - 46.2

Chester Road (j)
Roadside
NO2
2011 - 43.0
2012 - 54.8

Church Cottages
Roadside
NO2
2011 - 51.0
2012 - 46.1

Cobblestones (a)
Roadside
NO2
2011 - 49.0
2012 - 40.7

Cobblestones (b)
Roadside
NO2
2011 - 46.0
2012 - 43.0

We need clean air for a health lifestyle, reduced risks of Cancer and asthma. Its a medical fact and the reason the EU are implementing these restrictions and fines on local councils.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
Norma_Stitts
Supervised

Norma_Stitts
Re: New hybrid buses on A6- less polution???
1st February 2013 at 11:04PM
iancook Wrote:

Norma

I've actually been away and only picking up a few notices on here so sorry for not giving you the curtosy of a response.

No problem Ian. I am sure that I will survive.

iancook Wrote:

I've lived in the grove, offerton and poynton for nearly 30 years and bought and sold houses with the full knowledge that the road could at some time be built.

In my current location, i'm over half a mile away from where the road is proposed to run, and if it happens yes i'll get some noise, but i get that from the airport and volume of traffic on my road anyway.

If the road is lucky enough to not be cocked up by Boss and his mates at the SMBC circus, then my road is expected to lose most of its traffic, returning it to a country lane again as it was 50 years ago.

It's refreshing to see such honesty from someone against it, although I do feel Glen has been very upfront and honest with his outlook as well. As a matter of interest, will you be seeking compensation? It appears to just be noroadm that is unprepared to discuss an issue and completely ignorant of an opposing point of view, hence him turning on moderators and playing the victim card 24/7.

iancook Wrote:

My fight and beef is not for my back yard, but for the good of the children and their children in the poynton and hazel grove area. We dont want masses of extra cances and astmatics due to the road pollution, yes they will need the jobs in the future, but at what cost to the beautiful part of the world we live in. yes Hazel grove is beautiful, with its parks and proximity to the countryside.

I would point you to this;
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/1535489.stm

"Nobody knows why asthma is becoming more common, but it is thought to be due to a complex combination of genetic and environmental factors.

A rise in pollution has been blamed, but there is no conclusive proof. Another theory is that an unhealthy diet plays a role with too many additives and not enough fresh fruit and vegetables.

It is thought that the most important trigger is viral infection."

iancook Wrote:

How could anyone want to live in an urban sprawl where industrial unit after industrial unit litter the exits along the roads path and more and more houses spring up on the green belt.

Central London? Strangely the only place where property prices have continued to climb consistently despite a downturn elsewhere.

iancook Wrote:

Woodford has already been sold a bum steer with the film studio message only to see it turned into a mass housing estate the community and infrastructure cannot support...likewise other areas are already seeing planning applications going in. Handforth have a meeting soon with CEC leader Michael Jones (wonder if he's got to re-apply for his job as well??) to dispute the need for 7500 houses plus 1250 opposite handforth dean.....the A6 & A34 are already car parks in the rush hours and SMBC believe the new road will reduce congestion...if you were driving from Disley to Manchester will you go across to the the A34 car park or stay on the A6...

I do agree 110% that the current infrastructure around Woodford cannot support that sort of development. Bonis Hall lane is hammered, getting onto the bypass is often hammered and the same for heading up towards Poynton but I suspect they will implement roads to come out via the former Little Chef. There are a lot of bottle necks at each of those but I do feel once you reach the A34 it flows quite well into Manchester and yes I did used to commute that way during rush hours, it was more getting onto it that was the issue in my eyes.

With the way things are, I would be pissed off if I lived in Woodford, it is the top SK7 postcode area and unfortunately for things like the above to get the go ahead you normally have to offer 'affordable housing' to get consent. Place blame for that where you like, spongers being allowed to buy their council house or the vermin being unprepared to move to a smaller property but for me the 'bedroom tax' is a master stroke.   beauty

iancook Wrote:

Hope that answers you question Norma.

Obviously the new pills are making you a little less aggressive and controvercial on the forum...double the dose and lets have some positive support!!!

It does.

I have never been aggressive. Controversial, maybe. You will not get any positive support from me as I do not see the harm in it TBH!

iancook Wrote:

Always Remember the crutial EU Legal limit for The Air Quality Objective for Nitrogen Dioxide is 40 µg/m­­3 (Annual Mean)to get past the planners

http://www.cheshireeast.gov.uk/environment_and_planning/environmental_health/local_air_quality/what_is_pollution_like_near_me/diffusion_tube_monitoring/interactive_map/mere.aspx

Site
Type
Pollutant

Chester Road (c)
Other
NO2
2011- 37.0
2012 - 32.6

An 11.89% REDUCTION.

iancook Wrote:

Chester Road (a)
Roadside
NO2
2011 - 61.0
2012 - 48.7

A 20.16% REDUCTION.

iancook Wrote:

Chester Road (b)
Kerbside
NO2
2011 - 72.0
2012 - 55.1

A 23.47% REDUCTION.

iancook Wrote:

Chester Road (d)
Kerbside
NO2
2011 - 51.0
2012 - 44.8

A 12.16% REDUCTION.

iancook Wrote:

Chester Road (e)
Roadside
NO2
2011 - 54.0
2012 - 40.1

A 25.74% REDUCTION.

iancook Wrote:

Chester Road (f)
Roadside
NO2
2011 - 32.0
2012 - 26.3

A 17.81% REDUCTION.

iancook Wrote:

Chester Road (g)
Roadside
NO2
2011 - 39.0
2012 - 34.2

A 12.31% REDUCTION.

iancook Wrote:

Chester Road (h)
Roadside
NO2
2011 - 36.0
2012 - 32.2

A 10.56% REDUCTION.

iancook Wrote:

Chester Road / Old Hall Lane
Kerbside
NO2
2011 - 66.0
2012 - 49.0

a 25.76% REDUCTION.

iancook Wrote:

Chester Road (i)
Roadside
NO2
2011 - 41.0
2012 - 46.2

A 12.68% INCREASE.

iancook Wrote:

Chester Road (j)
Roadside
NO2
2011 - 43.0
2012 - 54.8

A 27.44% INCREASE.

iancook Wrote:

Church Cottages
Roadside
NO2
2011 - 51.0
2012 - 46.1

A 9.61% REDUCTION.

iancook Wrote:

Cobblestones (a)
Roadside
NO2
2011 - 49.0
2012 - 40.7

A 16.94% REDUCTION.

iancook Wrote:

Cobblestones (b)
Roadside
NO2
2011 - 46.0
2012 - 43.0

A 6.52% REDUCTION.

iancook Wrote:

We need clean air for a health lifestyle, reduced risks of Cancer and asthma. Its a medical fact and the reason the EU are implementing these restrictions and fines on local councils.

As you can clearly see, by your own statistics, from the 14 data samples you provided, 12 have reduced. 4 of those are already within your own supplied guidelines, some are outside by mere fractions, some would be inline if they continue with their statistical reductions. I am happy to throw some more numbers about if you like?
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
cllrkevinhogg
Hazel Grove Councillor

cllrkevinhogg
3rd February 2013 at 6:55PM
the figures I quoted are accurate at the time of posting as replies continue to arrive though they seem to be consistantly for the road.
People seem to forget that I post a news letter through every door in H.G. asking opinions on all sorts of things, another one due shortly, you may not agree with my views, but you, if you live in the Grove have been asked.
Yes there will be a small increase in traffic forecast for Offerton/Torkington Rds but a decrease in traffic on Bean Leach and Commercial Rd that cancels it out.
Where will this increase come from? it is already on the system on surrounding roads finding its way past the bottlenecks.
I am convinced by the figures that the reduction in H.G. can only be a good thing for a traffic choked Rd that is killing the village.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
noroadm
Banned
3rd February 2013 at 9:50PM
Thank you Mr Hogg for your reasoned response
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
spectrum
Villager

spectrum
4th February 2013 at 12:26PM
For anyone interested there are some “Health Impact Assessment Community Workshops” being held for the relief road.

Tuesday 5th February 2013, 6.30pm until 8.30pm
Hazel Grove Civic Hall, A6 London Road / Hatherlow Road, Hazel Grove, Stockport, SK7 4DF

Thursday 7th February 2013, 1.30pm until 3.30pm
Forum Square, Wythenshawe, Manchester, M22 5RX

Monday 11th February 2013, 6.30pm until 8.30pm
Handforth Dean Community Centre, Old Road, Handforth, Cheshire, SK9 3AZ
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
noroadm
Banned
4th February 2013 at 1:24PM
Clearly   with   High pollution already and even more during and after the proposed build these forums are an opportunity to go cap in hand with an opportunity to give the planners
the facts

I wonder when the EU will issue the fine ?

0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
glenandem
Citizen

glenandem
4th February 2013 at 4:47PM
has anyone seen all the comments on the facebook a6 semmmms page from concerned parents about it being right next to a school somewhere near bramhall i think, theres quite a few and i really like the guy whos asked why roundabouts wasnt in the options that went out in the surveys!
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
noroadm
Banned
5th February 2013 at 12:25PM
N.B. The air pollution referred to above is Nitrogen Dioxide which is probably responsible for 15 to 30% of new asthma cases in children. More damaging are small particles emitted from modern diesel engines. There are only a small number of sites around Manchester where they are being measured. The smaller particles can enter the bloodstream raising the risk of heart attacks and strokes. They have also recently been classified as Class I carcinogens with no practical safe limit.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  

<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >>

Tagged With..

More about SEMMMS / Hazel Grove & Poynton Bypass / A555 MAELR

Main

Places

Opinions

Create