12 Supporters 11 Opposers

Check the air quality in Hazel Grove Today

This Thread is Locked

This Thread has been locked by a forum moderator.

<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >>

noroadm
Banned
Re: Check the air quality in Hazel Grove Today
30th January 2013 at 2:42PM
Agreed

btw   see my other thread   about the response from friends of the earth which makes interesting reading
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
noroadm
Banned
30th January 2013 at 2:45PM
Norma_Stitts Wrote:

[
--

It's a bit like the people who already lived near Manchester Airport moaning about them building a new runway - they made the choice to live smack bang next to an Airport in the first place.

Or the people who live near Brands Hatch complaining about the noise of the cars!?! Don't move next to a race track then... curse

---

Sometimes Norma or whatever your called people have to standup and fight for what they believe in

This road has been on / off for 60 years - you cannot blame people for moving in a nice area or house   

Do you not have one symapthtic bone in your body ??
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
Norma_Stitts
Supervised

Norma_Stitts
30th January 2013 at 4:02PM
noroadm Wrote:

Sometimes Norma or whatever your called people have to standup and fight for what they believe in

This road has been on / off for 60 years - you cannot blame people for moving in a nice area or house   

Do you not have one symapthtic bone in your body ??

You have nailed it there.

It has been in the pipeline for a long time. It would have been 'priced in' at the time that somebody buys a house.

Searches are done for a reason, you rolled the dice and it looks like you lost. You cannot pin the blame at anyone for the fact you hoped it wouldn't happen. That was the chance you took when you made your purchase.

If you don't want a bypass, or a relief road, where you are living then do not ignore the fact that the searches showed that it was a distinct possibility. No one forced you to buy it. It was your personal choice.

Do you think I should have sympathy for the fact that you put yourself in this situation?
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
glenandem
Citizen

glenandem
30th January 2013 at 8:40PM
I don't remember asking for any sympathy!!!!!
I'm not just against his rd as it comes close to my house but the main reason is because its a waste of time as per the comments and reasons put forward in other posts, as said before if it was a full bypass I would be for it but its a half arsed scaled back design that's trying to be as cheap as possible so it gets the go ahead and I don't think that's good enough or will help its a relief rd for the airport and not hazel grove or surrounding areas, If it was wouldn't it have been called the Stockport bypass or something?
Anyway don't have any sympathy for me I'm gonna get a nice bit of compo along with a fair few others, I'll wipe any tears away with the dosh lol
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
Norma_Stitts
Supervised

Norma_Stitts
30th January 2013 at 10:05PM
I'm not saying you're seeking sympathy Glen, far from it. I think you've been very clear on that and have justified your stance on the matter. I think your comments about the roundabout rather than a set of lights are bang on the money.

It was in reference to noroadm's comments. Don't get me wrong, I certainly do not take any pleasure from his/her situation but likewise my heart doesn't bleed with sympathy for him/her.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
glenandem
Citizen

glenandem
30th January 2013 at 11:09PM
Well at least that's one thing we agree on regarding the roundabout lol!
I don't think anyone who lives along the route like myself should feel hard done by as like you say we all knew there was and is a chance it could go ahead and also it still might not, like my neighbour says who'd been living here for 40 odd years, when he sees the bulldozers come in he'll believe it!
But getting back to it, we all knew it was a possibility and I bought my house with the price factored in and hopefully I'll get a nice bit of compo too to pay for a holiday or deposit on anouther house if the road really affects me!
I just feel lets wait and see, we've seen this so many times before and personally I don't understand how Stockport council can afford much towards it with the amount of problems they have, I think what will happen is this gov will say yes just before next election and then they'll get the boot as there's no way the Tories will be in power come 2015 or whenever it is then the next gov will cut it out again,that's what usually happens isn't it?
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
Norma_Stitts
Supervised

Norma_Stitts
31st January 2013 at 12:51AM
If Labour get in again next time around, I genuinely doubt it, then I would seriously look at leaving the country.

I do not want to turn this into a political thread but I'm sick to the back teeth of the lazy dole spongers in this country. They get a 5% increase whilst most, myself included are on a pay freeze.

I was recently given the 'chance' to go to India with work for an initial 3 months, a place to live would have been provided with a private pool and a 24 hour chauffeur. It turns out that it's a dangerous place, hence the chauffeur. Financially it made sense, I would be coining in serious money but the ides of living in a shot hole for a minimum of 3 months didn't interest me.

Anyway, I digress. For me, the people that need hitting HARD are the work shy people Labour protect. The spongers. Those that give nothing but take everything. It's a sad state of affairs when 'poverty' is deemed as not having what everyone else, who work, have.

I deal with people like that day in and day out. I sometimes get time away from my main role in order to act as a company representative in order to execute warrants. I have to put on a stab vest for health and safety. Funny that they all have flash TV's and iPhones. I have genuinely never been to an address that is genuinely poor, only those that think they should get everything for free. In other words, a Labour voter.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
noroadm
Banned
31st January 2013 at 10:53AM, Edit: 31st January 2013 at 10:54AM by noroadm
Says it all Norma your too transparent

Oh and what a good job the coalition is doing    NOT

0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
cllrkevinhogg
Hazel Grove Councillor

cllrkevinhogg
31st January 2013 at 12:38PM
Thought noroadm had taken his ball and gone home. He said he was doing on a previous thread/post shame he didn`t
1 Likes 1 Dislikes  
noroadm
Banned
31st January 2013 at 12:42PM, Edit: 31st January 2013 at 12:49PM by noroadm
I thought a voted in councellor was to represent all sides of opinion

I dont think the bypass is going to get a green flag is it Mr Hogg   ??

http://iainroberts.mycouncillor.org.uk/2012/07/25/gatley-carrs-gets-it-green-flag/
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  

<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >>

Tagged With..

More about SEMMMS / Hazel Grove & Poynton Bypass / A555 MAELR

Main

Places

Opinions

Create