12 Supporters 11 Opposers

Check the air quality in Hazel Grove Today

This Thread is Locked

This Thread has been locked by a forum moderator.

<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >>

Re: Check the air quality in Hazel Grove Today
29th January 2013 at 7:32AM
Norma_Stitts Wrote:

So, Ian and Glen, when did you buy your properties and why did you choose to ignore the surveys?

I find your 'arguments' laughable. If you didn't want to live near this road, why did you ignore the searches?

People living on or near the A6 and crying about polution have no credibity in my eyes. You weren't that fussed when you bought it were you?

As I say, people holding onto anything they can. Shamefull.

Spot on!
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
glenandem
Citizen

glenandem
29th January 2013 at 8:05AM
In answer to your question Norma, I bought my house about 12 years ago and I was with the thinking that the bypass would never go ahead and if it did there was a roundabout planned at Simpsons rather than a set of traffic lights but with cut backs and trying to make the now "airport relief rd" instead if bypass as cheap as possible so they gave a chance of getting it, it will affect me more, yes I live on the a6 but I have all the beautifull countryside around me that makes up for that but if the "airport relief rd" goes ahead I will have anouther rd right next to my house, so you can see why I don't want it but as well as that I could honestly say if we had the full shebang and a rd going to bredbury that could be worthy of the word bypass than I'd personally take the compo I'm gonna get and not really be against it although I wouldn't be happy with all the countryside that's gonna be plowed either but at least the full route would in my mind make a difference but as it is I just can't see anything but more traffic lights pollution and crawling traffic!
I've decided now though that I'm not worried about it happening anymore as my plan is to get some nice compo and use that to get anouther mortgage and rent this house out and as I don't have a big mortgage, I won't need to rent it for much either.
Can you tell me though Norma do you think it's a good idea to put anouther set of lights at Simpsons bend and anouther junction rather than a roundabout like most other dual carriageways as this is going to cause a lot of traffic on the a6 I can pretty well be sure of that after living on the a6 all these years I can safely say and think I'm quite qualified too as I've seen so many temp lights when roadworks are on and the traffic just backlogs miles into the grove and miles up high lane, now imagine anouther two lanes wanting to get on the a6 rather than carry on because there is no dual carriageway to carry on?
Surely you can see that it won't help traffic in the hazel grove area and that's just from that section of the "airport relief rd", other people are also picking faults with other sections too?
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
Serenity
Citizen

Serenity
29th January 2013 at 8:08AM
Blue_Grovers_Henchman Wrote:

Norma_Stitts Wrote:

So, Ian and Glen, when did you buy your properties and why did you choose to ignore the surveys?

I find your 'arguments' laughable. If you didn't want to live near this road, why did you ignore the searches?

People living on or near the A6 and crying about polution have no credibity in my eyes. You weren't that fussed when you bought it were you?

Spot on!

Times change, I realise that. However the council should take into consideration such factors as higher than normal levels of pollution before they go ahead and allow supermarkets to create entrances that only add to the problem...

And in answer to your question Norma when I bought my house there was no Sainsbury's just a small quite Co op.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
Norma_Stitts
Supervised

Norma_Stitts
29th January 2013 at 9:17AM
Glen, a roundabout would make more sense in my eyes. I will give you that one.

Serenity, there may not have been a Sainsburys when you bought but what about that great big Lithopak factory that it replaced?
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
Serenity
Citizen

Serenity
29th January 2013 at 9:47AM
Norma_Stitts Wrote:

Glen, a roundabout would make more sense in my eyes. I will give you that one.

Serenity, there may not have been a Sainsburys when you bought but what about that great big Lithopak factory that it replaced?

I take your point Norma, but Lithopak didn't have a huge car park with cars going in and out all day.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
noroadm
Banned
29th January 2013 at 1:22PM, Edit: 29th January 2013 at 4:24PM by noroadm
Norma_Stitts Wrote:

--

Norma's usual unsympathetic attitude

Norma did not realaise her house was near open cast mining

http://www.aol.co.uk/video/sinkhole-swallows-whole-building-complex-in-china/517656188/
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
glenandem
Citizen

glenandem
29th January 2013 at 10:00PM
From what I was told the roundabout was the better option for less traffic but a t junction and traffic lights was chosen instead as the railway runs close and it would have cost more to build the roundabout, so there's anouther money saving cutback as well as not getting the full link to bredbury and I've heard there's a lot more measures like not digging the road lower into the ground to reduce noise for residents in certain areas that won't be carried out because they want it as cheap as possible to get it pushed through which to me is ok If you want something half arsed but personally I'd prefer the whole lot or nothing thanks as all I can see is anouther dual carriageway laden with traffic lights that doesn't help traffic flow especially around Simpsons.
Two extra lanes joining onto an already busy a6 doesn't take a genius to work out that it can't improve traffic?
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
noroadm
Banned
30th January 2013 at 8:32AM
Near where the road comes past myself - it is lower down and there are measures to build trees and bunding and it is quite a bit away from my back garden

They are being symapthetic with how thr road will look in relations to effected houses

0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
Norma_Stitts
Supervised

Norma_Stitts
30th January 2013 at 1:13PM
noroadm Wrote:

Norma_Stitts Wrote:

--

Norma's usual unsympathetic attitude

Norma did not realaise her house was near open cast mining

http://www.aol.co.uk/video/sinkhole-swallows-whole-building-complex-in-china/517656188/

It's not so much a lack of sympathy, it is more that I think people should take responsibility for their own actions.

It's a bit like the people who already lived near Manchester Airport moaning about them building a new runway - they made the choice to live smack bang next to an Airport in the first place.

Or the people who live near Brands Hatch complaining about the noise of the cars!?! Don't move next to a race track then... curse
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
glenandem
Citizen

glenandem
30th January 2013 at 2:30PM
So what your saying is that no one should live in any of these houses along the route in case the "airport relief rd" ever gets the nod!
I knew there could be the chance if the "airport relief rd" going ahead but I had the understanding that a roundabout going in at Simpsons and not a t junction with a rerouted a6 behind me house, maybe you could say I should have done more research and yes we did and we knew this was an option but at the time the roundabout option was more likely and made more sense and still does now but cut backs to the route means they are doing that layout now, I've always been prepared for it and if it happens I'm just gonna screw as much compo of the council as I can, the solicitors must be rubbing they're hands as I along with many others keep getting letters in the post asking to act on our behalf, I just hope the council has put this cost in the price of the rd as there's gonna be a few nice little claims going in!
0 Likes 1 Dislikes  

<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >>

Tagged With..

More about SEMMMS / Hazel Grove & Poynton Bypass / A555 MAELR

Main

Places

Opinions

Create