12 Supporters 11 Opposers

Check the air quality in Hazel Grove Today

This Thread is Locked

This Thread has been locked by a forum moderator.

<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >>

iancook
Villager

iancook
Re: Check the air quality in Hazel Grove Today
27th January 2013 at 6:57PM, Edit: 27th January 2013 at 6:58PM by iancook
We have been asking cllr Ian Roberts for some IEM to comment on the air quality issues surrounding the road.....his answer....he doesn't have one....ADR SMBC struggling to get to grips with how they will overcome this major issue in their vote winning plan??

Iain Roberts
Tuesday 22 January 2013 - 10:19 pm
Naturally, pretty much every development in the country increases pollution levels in some places and may reduces them elsewhere.

We’ll be responding to the specifics of this case as part of the response to the consultation over the next few weeks.

http://iainroberts.mycouncillor.org.uk/2012/01/03/a555-relief-road-extension-latest-maps/
We await with interest,

Should you want to question cllr Ian Roberts he does tend to respond quicker than stunner and the boss.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
cllrkevinhogg
Hazel Grove Councillor

cllrkevinhogg
28th January 2013 at 3:58PM
Not posting at the moment too many repetative non arguments from only a couple of people other people have differing opinions from yours noroadm 75% of replies to the council are for the road and only 17%
are against, most of them from Poynton.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
noroadm
Banned
28th January 2013 at 4:11PM, Edit: 28th January 2013 at 4:13PM by noroadm
cllrkevinhogg Wrote:

Not posting at the moment too many repetative non arguments from only a couple of people other people have differing opinions from yours noroadm 75% of replies to the council are for the road and only 17%

--

Thank you Mr Hogg

The repetitve arguments will be carried   forward by the group Paula who are campaigning against the road   ( i am not part of paula btw ) and also the legal process from many who do oppose it - although you won't admit it - through the legal process and by the solictors who will be appointed to fight for compensation if the planning gets passed.

I am taking no further part in this forum debate and will let the Paula group and my solicitor who will fight for what is right in this community

To you Coleman   , Hogg and the rest   - I take my leave

Good luck with your fight against this road   

Goodbye
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
cllrkevinhogg
Hazel Grove Councillor

cllrkevinhogg
28th January 2013 at 4:32PM
I am certainly not against this road and will do everything I can to move it forward as speedily as possible
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
glenandem
Citizen

glenandem
28th January 2013 at 8:39PM
cllrkevinhogg Wrote:

I am certainly not against this road and will do everything I can to move it forward as speedily as possible

typical cllr, wanting to waste the tax payers money as usual lol
i dont understand where the council are getting the money from, i thought they didnt have a pot to pee in laying more staff off and making cut backs in lots of different departments?
surely if theres any money for roads it should be spent on smoothing the potholed roads we already have and improving them in many areas or why not sort some shody looking areas out like that plot of land the travellers like to get on behind rising sun?
anyway we wont need roads soon with this high speed raillink thats goona cost billions to save an hour to london.
i thought libdems where green people, seems to me all they want to do is build roads on green belt?
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
Norma_Stitts
Supervised

Norma_Stitts
28th January 2013 at 9:44PM
Don't let them wear you down Mr Hogg. Most of us realise that they are jusp grasping onto any slight morsel of information and intentionally misconstruing the details to suit their agenda.

If questions like the above are being asked by those opposing it, I have to question the standard of their research or if they even understand the difference between local and central Government and the principles of 'cost centres'?   doh

0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
glenandem
Citizen

glenandem
28th January 2013 at 10:41PM
I don't claim to be clever with all these politics but I'm entitled to my view on this open forum as are you and to me it doesn't take a clown to see that Stockport council is in a big mess at the moment and how can they be trusted to be trying to get this relief rd to help the Stockport people out?
I feel cllr Hogg had the right ideas when it was a full route and was actually a bypass but now it's just an "airport relief rd".
Your right I'm not clever with my facts but there's a lot of people poking flaws in the councils own statistics and they're not making it up when you look at what they're pointing out!
Cllr Hogg and any of the other cllrs can keep doing what they like for all I care, personally I think they're a waste of time,why does every ward need 3 cllrs when every other department in the town is having cutbacks, surely we could get rid of one of them at least and maybe the others will try harder?
Anyway that's anouther story and I'm straying off the subject of this much needed "airport relief rd" for the airport we have in hazel grove!
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
iancook
Villager

iancook
28th January 2013 at 11:11PM
cllrkevinhogg
Hazel Grove Councillor

Re: Check the air quality in Hazel Grove Today 0   0       
Today at 3:58PM

Boss any chance of letting us all know the actual source of your figures, to qualify your statement as PAULA have a meeting pending with the SEMMMS team and I'm sure Jim and Sue will be happy to know you are discussing results before the team make an announcement.

Looking forward to you qualifying your statement or we'll all assume its just another story from our trusted Hazel Grove councillor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
Norma_Stitts
Supervised

Norma_Stitts
29th January 2013 at 1:25AM
So, Ian and Glen, when did you buy your properties and why did you choose to ignore the surveys?

I find your 'arguments' laughable. If you didn't want to live near this road, why did you ignore the searches?

People living on or near the A6 and crying about polution have no credibity in my eyes. You weren't that fussed when you bought it were you?

As I say, people holding onto anything they can. Shamefull.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
Serenity
Citizen

Serenity
29th January 2013 at 6:49AM, Edit: 29th January 2013 at 7:51AM by Serenity
Norma_Stitts Wrote:

People living on or near the A6 and crying about polution have no credibity in my eyes. You weren't that fussed when you bought it were you?
As I say, people holding onto anything they can. Shamefull.

Norma in answer to your question I bought my home several years ago long before Sainsbury’s was even built and at that time the area was considered as a quite little backwater. Oh how times have changed.

And when the Sainsbury's plans were displayed the main entrance/road was at the back and wasn’t meant to be coming out onto the A6. So at the time no one was really worried about any further congestion to the A6. Then the ASDA plans where passed by the council and what followed was a year and half of total disruption and mayhem, which finally resulted in even more congestion for the A6 and a row of never ending traffic lights. All of which brought about even more pollution to the area.

At that time I trusted our council to do what was right and good for the people of Hazel Grove. But as a result what have we been left with from this poor planning ......Lanes of gridlocked traffic ...A congested main road set to bust at the seams.......And pollution figures that are well outside the EU regulations for an area of this size.

Yes a did choose and still do to live near the A6 but I also voted for a party that I thought was interested in resolving such green matters and was equally in support of preserving our greenbelt and reducing the high pollution emissions from vehicles and roads such as the A6. Which only a full bypass will do.

Now years on I’m very worried about the pollution figures for our area (do you blame me) when the statistics that have come to light seem to indicate that this new road (to be deemed a success) must surely bring with it even more cars, more congestion and more pollution for the Grove.

So I respectfully ask that our local councillors look for ways to resolve this problem first. A problem that's effecting the quality of peoples lives.

I might also add that If any of our councillors can hand on heart guarantee me that the Grove won’t be sacrificed for the sake of this new road (like the road has already been done so many times before by the likes of ASDA and Sainsbury’s) they will get my vote.

But somehow I doubt it. And that for me is where my insecurity comes from in going ahead with and building this new road. It just seems to be that no one really knows what the outcome will be, more congestion, less congestion, better route, not used much route.

So I ask that you look at your own party's views and when only last year Andrew Stunnell clearly stated that it is time to “ learn from the mistakes of the past” in relation to the poor planning in the Grove and the results that have been brought about by it.

That to me is what is Shamefull Norma.........That when planners make such huge errors it is the people whose lives these errors effect that have to live with the consequences and not the council or the planners. That's what shamefull...
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  

<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >>

Tagged With..

More about SEMMMS / Hazel Grove & Poynton Bypass / A555 MAELR

Main

Places

Opinions

Create