12 Supporters 11 Opposers

bypass question

This thread was submitted to Hazel Grove

This Thread is Locked

This Thread has been locked by a forum moderator.

<< 1 2 >>

noroadm
Banned
Re: bypass question
8th November 2012 at 1:19PM
Notice councellor Hogg   on here

Here is hoping it all goes pear shaped   Mr Hogg
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
vulcanman
Townsperson

vulcanman
8th November 2012 at 4:13PM
Absolute waste of time and money, so on that basis I'm sure the lib dems in control at Stockport will want to do it. The question is what services will be cut to fund it.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
Dolores
Villager

Dolores
8th November 2012 at 4:29PM
I don't think you'll hear much more from Councillor Hogg on the subject of SEMMMS. The traffic modelling figures will see to that. They're dreadful - and they've come from the people trying to make it look good!
Stockport Council are happy to announce that the A34 will see a 23% increase in traffic because they'd have us believe the increase would be 22% without the road. Do they really think we're that stupid?
All their figures are based on the difference between the extra traffic the A555 will bring, compared to what their projections tell them they would be without the road. They're stubbornly igoring the fact that traffic levels are continuing to fall, as they have been since 2007. The little blue dots on their plan - which you can only see at the exhibitions, by the way, they're not available on the website yet - are completely meaningless.
Their traffic modelling methods are fatally flawed and I expect them to be dropped very soon. The Department for Transport is being threatened with legal action because the traffic increases projected across the country have not materialised and businesses have based investment upon them.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
glenandem
Citizen

glenandem
8th November 2012 at 7:56PM
totally agree vulcan man,shame the elections arent any sooner as this current council i feel will get a good spanking with everything thats going on from a road thats not needed, a 5million shortfall by a business thats hired by the council that has conflict of interests due to cllr's being directors of solutions sk! and now innocent workers are being laid off to pay for these errors while the council leader keeps her job and then theres the travesty of the great bin scheme where we have black bins being reported in the stockport express stolen as people need more bin room and why when the scheme is working apparantly, i recycle everything i can,i drag my soaking wet bins through my house every other week and have to stand in the black one to get extra bags in, very nice having to stand on my rubbish!
but the scheme works lol
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
Dolores
Villager

Dolores
9th November 2012 at 5:00PM
Re standing on your rubbish to get more in the bin, we use a small child for this.
Please don't tell social services.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
glenandem
Citizen

glenandem
9th November 2012 at 7:32PM
Dolores Wrote:

Re standing on your rubbish to get more in the bin, we use a small child for this.
Please don't tell social services.

haha love it,i get the wife to get in off our front wall then i hold her incase it topples over!
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  

<< 1 2 >>