12 Supporters 11 Opposers

bypass question

This thread was submitted to Hazel Grove

This Thread is Locked

This Thread has been locked by a forum moderator.

<< 1 2 >>

mikeb
Drifter
bypass question
15th January 2009 at 6:48AM
hi guys just found the forum,some interesting reading!
anyway im posting a question in the help somone can help me, im trying to find out where the bypass will join onto the a6 in hazel grove,ive looked at the maps and it looks like its somewhere near simpsons bend?
Im trying to find out as i like right near that are near the robin hood pub and would like to know which field it crosses,any help would be great cheers
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
cllr kevin hogg
Drifter
Re: bypass question
16th January 2009 at 2:48PM
crosses the A6 just above Simpsons and under the row of cottages below the Robin Hood
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
mikeb
Drifter
19th January 2009 at 5:40AM
thanks for that i live after the robin hood, i thought it crossed around simpsons.
has it been approved yet ive heard its been going on for yrs and also where will it finish, ive read its going all the way to bredbury and also its only going to the grove?
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
cllr kevin hogg
Drifter
19th January 2009 at 1:58PM
The part that has been approved and 1/2 funded is for the road to go from Simpsons/A6 to woodford and then the rest of it to Manchester Airport and the M56. Bredbury/Offerton side and round the Grove is on hold at the moment.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
mikeb
Drifter
19th January 2009 at 5:15PM
hi thanks for that, it sounds a bit pointless really as thats not really going to have a big impact on hazel grove traffic as people will still cut through the grove to get to the m60 ring road at stockport or bredbury!
do you know why only one part been approved and when will it go ahead?
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
musicianswidow
Drifter
28th January 2009 at 3:03PM
is simpsons sausages the bit near the Robin Hood or the bit where that dodgy furniture shop used to be?

And where does it go from there? Thru the fields to Brookside Garden Centre? And then from the garden centre to Chester ROad(assuming the woodford chester road?)

In other words - does anyone have a link!
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
HG-21
Banned
29th January 2009 at 4:16AM
Guest Wrote:

hi thanks for that, it sounds a bit pointless really as thats not really going to have a big impact on hazel grove traffic as people will still cut through the grove to get to the m60 ring road at stockport or bredbury!
do you know why only one part been approved and when will it go ahead?

People will still be cutting through for Stockport potentially. But the M56 joins the M60 one junction down and all the wagons/coaches etc would much rather be on a bypass. It isn't to clear traffic fully, merely to reduce congestion. I doubt we'll see it anyway.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
cllr kevin hogg
Drifter
29th January 2009 at 6:48AM
Crossed fingers the half to the airport and subsequently the M56/motorway network could be underway if the gov doesn`t change and funding is withdrawn again, (it happened last time)The funding is in place with a 9 milion shortfall to be funded by the 3 councils it goes through. Manchester, Stockport and East Cheshire. I have got Stockports contribution sorted out so we are waiting for Manchester and East Cheshire.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
Well past it
Drifter
29th January 2009 at 7:46AM

Theres more chance of Gordon Brown running naked down the A6 than Hazel-Grove getting a By Pass
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
grover
Townsperson

grover
29th January 2009 at 8:27PM, Edit: 29th January 2009 at 8:28PM by grover
Musicianswidow wrote:

[QUOTE]is simpsons sausages the bit near the Robin Hood or the bit where that dodgy furniture shop used to be?QUOTE]

Simpson's sausages was on the bend where the furniture shop used to be. Hope my memory is working!
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
nedsram
Townsperson

nedsram
7th February 2009 at 5:23PM
Simpson's sausages was on the bend where the furniture shop used to be. Hope my memory is working!

Dead right. And the - partially - funded section goes from the airport to here. No (dumbed down) A6M or Poynton bypass.

As usual, a partial solution that will help in some areas, and make matters worse in others - including where I live. Of course that's if it actually gets built, which previous experience suggests is less than likely. :-(
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  

<< 1 2 >>