12 Supporters 11 Opposers

Bypass is back on again!

This thread was submitted to Hazel Grove

This Thread is Locked

This Thread has been locked by a forum moderator.

<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 >>

Glen
Drifter
Re: Bypass is back on again!
1st December 2011 at 9:24PM
Hi there
By the looks of the route it looks as though it passes somewhere through the field near mill hill hollow, also right at the end at a6 junction opposite norbury hollow it seems to run across my row of houses, red row on the a6 in fact on the map it shows park view terraces but no red row!!!
Whats that all about!
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
Glen
Drifter
1st December 2011 at 10:23PM, Edit: 1st December 2011 at 10:29PM by Administrator
I'm interested to hear from clear Hogg as it seems like he's always willing to offer advice and help people out on here!
By the looks of the route it looks as though it passes right next or through my land at the end at a6 junction opposite norbury hollow, it seems to run across my row of houses, red row on the a6 in fact on the map it shows park view terraces but no red row!!!
Whats that all about!
As Im sure clear Hogg will prob read this and I know he might not know a great deal but if he knows anything about the simpsons end of the route, I seem to remember there was two different proposed endings near Simpsons one of which was to close the original a6 near Simpsons completely and put a complete new rd though the fields and anouther proposed finish was to just have a slip rd which runs right behind my house?
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  

This post has been deleted by the author.

Limecat
Banned
2nd December 2011 at 12:14AM, Edit: 2nd December 2011 at 8:49AM by Adora
Guest Wrote:

Hi clr Hogg thanks for replying, would those affected by the possible bypass be contacted in the near future about impact,compensation etc and also how will we find out about possible meetings where we can voice our opinions or oppose this?

As a matter of interest. When did you buy your property and why do you think you should be compensated? You do realise that proposed routes would be highlighted if you had done the relevant checks? Yet you bought it anyway and now think you should be compensated for something you should have known was entirely possible? Hmmm...

0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
Raod Angel
Drifter
2nd December 2011 at 12:28AM
Right, just looked at the detail maps of the route if it stays the same as 2001 - 2009. Should do cos if what C. Hogg says, its resuming like there was no gap in what SEMMS reached previously. ie. consultations finished generally, Public Enquiry next and detail planning design. So if you were to be affected by its route you should already know that. And you should have also had a letter about compensation if living nearby enough about 5 or 6 years ago. Something upto 300 yards either side iirc.
Compulsory purchases I think have already happened years ago in the 1980's like the houses in the hollow where the old foam bed factory was on the Marple-Offerton road. But I see no houses in the way on the route from the A6 into the fields beyond Norbury Hall. Close skermishes yes, but no loss of land. Only land with buildings taken is the Simpsons bend businesses (Fencing and land to the Stockport side and a small part of the Brookside carpark, about 20 cars.

The proposed SEMMS route was in 2001 - 2009:

The A6 at "Simpsons Corner" will shifted into the field on the Marple side of the current Simpson's bend. All that bend from Mill Lane to the House on the Marple Side of the A6 is being straightened. There is an indrect exit/emtry looping round at this junction onto the A6.

On the south side of the A6 juction, the road cuts through the entrance of the Fencing Yard place/land adjacent to the Simpson's building on the Buxton side of the building.

Then it heads off under the railway in a cutting.

Its in a long curve from there to the Brookside Carpark, gradually rising to level ground by the time it reaches the garden centre.   It passes by but not into the top of Old Mill Lane where the houses finish. Its in a cutting from the A6 all the way until at the garden centre.

At the Garden Centre it passes through the Macclesfield Road with a junction, Just clipping the Brookside Garden Centre carpark (1 car depth) at the Macclesfield road corner nearest the Esso garage.

It then passes by the Poynton side of Norbury Hall. The Hall will be on the edge of an almost vertical embankment wall with the road immediately beneath. The road is swinging at this point towards Poynton Station

It then straightens up heading south west to the Poynton Station direction, on fairly level land with no real cutting or embankment.

It cuts through the Woodford Road on the Hazel Grove side of the Bramhall/Macclesfield railway bridge. Then cuts the railway and heads towards the oil terminal.

Past the Woodford Oil Terminal on Chester Road side and then into a cutting under the Bramhall - Woodford road at the roundabout now at the start of the current A555. This is the next junction point.

Of course at the moment you have to bear in mind the Public Enquiry hasn't been conducted and the detail planning hasn't been completed. So very minor tweeks may still occur but looking at the route, I doubt if anything will change as its deliberately been made not to enfringe peoples property lines.
1 Likes 0 Dislikes  
Glen
Drifter
2nd December 2011 at 12:27PM
Hi limecat thanks for your concern, I've owned the house since about 1996 and as people have said this semmms plan was started in 2001 and with this looking like it could be the current route as its the route that seems to be the most likely candidate then it will definately be closer than 300 yards in fact I'd say alot more closer than 100!
So as you can see I'm concerned with it being that close and I'd definately be expecting some sort of compo if I'm having anouther rd put next to my house that would definately affect future sale value!
But at the mo I'm not going to lose sleep untill I see something concrete that it's going to happen!
1 Likes 0 Dislikes  
Adora
Area Admin

Adora
2nd December 2011 at 1:09PM

Good post Raod - thanks.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
Raod Angel
Drifter
2nd December 2011 at 3:23PM
Guest Wrote:

I've owned the house since about 1996 and as people have said this semmms plan was started in 2001 and with this looking like it could be the current route as its the route that seems to be the most likely candidate then it will definately be closer than 300 yards in fact I'd say alot more closer than 100!

1996 eh! Then you had the letter showing you the proposed compensation on a sliding scale based on perpendicular distance from the bypass route. Better check your waste paper basket :)

And don't hold your breath, it isn't much in value!
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
david abbot
Drifter
2nd December 2011 at 8:04PM
they should write to every one to say the road project
is back on again
and the new consultation date
mersy met mottorway stop
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
PVish
Drifter