12 Supporters 11 Opposers

Bypass is back on again!

This thread was submitted to Hazel Grove

This Thread is Locked

This Thread has been locked by a forum moderator.

<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 >>

Robot69
Citizen

Robot69
Re: Bypass is back on again!
28th November 2011 at 8:37PM
Google SEMMMS Map
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
Adora
Area Admin

Adora
28th November 2011 at 8:38PM, Edit: 28th November 2011 at 8:42PM by Adora

0 Likes 0 Dislikes  

This post has been removed by a Forum Moderator because it broke the house rules.

Rob Aldred
Drifter
28th November 2011 at 10:23PM
Like previous posters have said, its been on and off for decades the semmms project got funding then was culled in recent cuts. I really wont be holding my breath for this.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
TwistedBanana
Townsperson

TwistedBanana
29th November 2011 at 11:53AM
Guest Wrote:

If this is the same route as the proposed semmms that never went ahead then It supposed to have a slip road that comes off just after Simpsons and goes right behind my house in the fields just after the robin hood pub then rejoins the a6 opposite nor bury hollow junction!
Imagine how I feel with the a6 in front of my house and a possible slip rd behind, I've never minded having the a6 right next to my house because of the fields around me but to be in between two rds, it'll be like that house on the m62 almost!!!
Seriously worried, I've had nothing from the council and only heard it today on the local news!
Would any local mps who come on here be able to shed light on the exact route as I seem to remember there being two different versions of the route with two slip road ideas?
Also is this definately going to happen or just back in the to be considered plans?

Glen, I imagine that this will have to go through so much red tape and bureaucracy before even the first hole is dug that you will be ok for many years. Then it will need to be aired to the residents who it will affect, then you will be able to have your signs up saying "no to A6 bypass". We have all seen in other areas how long these signs remain in place with nothing happening.
I personally would welcome the Bypass as it will have a positive affect on the area I live but I do understand your concerns and have sympathy for your plight. As i said in a previous post though i am not holding my breath. I would be absolutely gobsmacked if anything has changed in 10 years time
2 Likes 0 Dislikes  
Glen
Drifter
29th November 2011 at 2:13PM
Im all for the bypass as I think it can only help but i have anouther feeling that it could also bring more traffic along that route as people will be using it as a cut through to the m6 or a quicker way of getting from Buxton way to that side of Cheshire/Manchester?
I've had a letter though recently asking all about who owns the land and who's my mortgage with and so have the neighbours so wonder If theres a chance of compulsory purchase but to be honest I'm not looking to far either and I'll worry when I actually see something really start to happen, I've seen other governments say these bypasses are gonna go through and nothing happened so let's wait and see, be a Shame though to Tarmac all then fields and land, I often take my kids in the woods and fields down near mill lane on walks and it's a great little area near the stream!
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
david abbot
Drifter
29th November 2011 at 2:48PM
s.e.l.n.e.c   plan published 1965
had the a6 bypass in it
cheshire regonal plan published 1940's updated 1950's had a simler scheme in it
stil not built
long wate no road yet dont hol you brefe being built
mersy met motorway stop
when will it be built
dont knock down houses
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
doubting thomas
Drifter
29th November 2011 at 3:37PM
Coleman Wrote:

If they DO finally get it sorted, from the looks of things they are only doing from the airport to HG, which surely will make HG busier?!?

I would have thought we also need to have the section from the M60 to HG for it to be of benefit to us!

Or am i looking at it wrong?

if they built the connection through to Brinnington it would become so congested at rush 3hour you probably wouldn't get on to it from Buxton/H.G
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
Eo
Drifter
29th November 2011 at 3:58PM
You can see the bypass maps at the following link. I think this was the "final" design in 2009 before it was last shelved.

http://cheadleandgatley.mycouncillor.org.uk/2009/05/21/a555-extension-full-maps/

Whether or not they've stayed the same is anyone's guess...
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
deano
Drifter
29th November 2011 at 4:14PM
it will never happen as there are to many houses built on the proposed route !!
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  

<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 >>