12 Supporters 11 Opposers

Bypass is back on again!

This thread was submitted to Hazel Grove

This Thread is Locked

This Thread has been locked by a forum moderator.

<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 >>

Adora
Area Admin

Adora
Bypass is back on again!
28th November 2011 at 9:50AM

Expected announcement today by George Osborne:-

North West: M56 at Manchester Airport, linking the M56 at Manchester airport to the A6 south of Stockport, expected to improve access to Manchester Airport, and the Airport Enterprise Zone, from the East, including Derbyshire

BBC news link:- http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-15914145

Shall we take bets?
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
Coleman
Area Admin

Coleman
Re: Bypass is back on again!
28th November 2011 at 10:09AM
If they DO finally get it sorted, from the looks of things they are only doing from the airport to HG, which surely will make HG busier?!?

I would have thought we also need to have the section from the M60 to HG for it to be of benefit to us!

Or am i looking at it wrong?
1 Likes 0 Dislikes  
slim
Townsperson

slim
28th November 2011 at 10:46AM
your right coleman we do need the HG to M60 section but is it about improving the traffic links or getting the economy moving by using some of the money saved by the various spending cuts and giving it to various road schemes around the country.
1 Likes 0 Dislikes  
Coleman
Area Admin

Coleman
28th November 2011 at 11:11AM
I understand that, just pointing out that far from being a good thing that it (might) be back on, it could well make the A6 far far worse!

I do wonder also how much difference it will actually make to the economy, apart from some jobs maybe whilst it's being built, a task that will surely take so long that the economy will likely be on the mend by the time its open (i would hope).
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
BlueGrover
Good Citizen

BlueGrover
28th November 2011 at 12:20PM
Adora Wrote:

Expected announcement today by George Osborne:-

North West: M56 at Manchester Airport, linking the M56 at Manchester airport to the A6 south of Stockport, expected to improve access to Manchester Airport, and the Airport Enterprise Zone, from the East, including Derbyshire

BBC news link:- http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-15914145

Shall we take bets?
We can and I know who would win - bypass is dead and buried, hope to be proved wrong.........
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
Robot69
Citizen

Robot69
28th November 2011 at 2:47PM
Thats not the bypass, thats the bit they ran out of money 10-15 years ago to build the last 3 miles of the Woodford to M/cr Airport link - the bit that ends at Lakeland
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
Raod Angel
Drifter
28th November 2011 at 5:22PM
[b]"North West: M56 at Manchester Airport, linking the M56 at Manchester airport to the A6 south of Stockport, expected to improve access to Manchester Airport, and the Airport Enterprise Zone, from the East, including Derbyshire"[/b]

Thats Simpsons Sausages interchange on the A6 to the M56 at the airport. The bit that was on the cards still before the big chop back 2 years ago.

It will take the Buxon trucks off H.G. plus sort Poynton out. A lot of sense in doing it.
1 Likes 0 Dislikes  
TwistedBanana
Townsperson

TwistedBanana
28th November 2011 at 5:50PM
I moved to Hazel Grove in 1972 and the bypass has been on, off, on, off at least since then, I certainly won't be holding my breath
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
Adora
Area Admin

Adora
28th November 2011 at 6:16PM

(nicked from Nedsram with thanks):-

"For those who can't remember the route, it crosses the railway line next to Bramhall Golf Course, then crosses Woodford Road just past the bend after the railway bridge, passes north of Park House Farm, then between Mill Hill Hollow and Barlowfold. It then crosses Norbury Brook and runs parallel to its northern bank as far as Simpson's Corner. It would appear that Brookside Garden Centre will lose their car park. The old water mill at the end of Old Mill Lane also appears to be under threat."

0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
Raod Angel
Drifter
28th November 2011 at 6:37PM
Brookside won't loose their carpark. It goes in the gap between the carpark and the houses adjacent to the Esso petrol station. In a cutting iirc.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
NORBERT
Drifter
28th November 2011 at 8:21PM
Does anyone have a map of the exact planned route as I live off Mill Hill Hollow & I am very worried about how it will affect my property?
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  

<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 >>