12 Supporters 11 Opposers

bypass compensation

<< 1 2 >>

glenandem
Citizen

glenandem
bypass compensation
27th November 2012 at 6:21PM
having recieved a fair few letters from solicitors sniffing for business, i will definately be making some sort of compo claim as the bypass will be less than 30 yards from my home, now im just wondering does anyone know much info about compensation on homes etc due to impact of roads and the like and out of interest does anyone know how much compo was given out to residents affected by the a34 bypass recently built?
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
Serenity
Citizen

Serenity
Re: bypass compensation
28th November 2012 at 4:01AM
Why are you not campaigning against the road being built. Listening to Delores recently it's not as cut and dry as we were initially lead to believe by the council.

Do you now feel that you have no other option left but to accept the new plans and the council's proposals and just look for some means of compensation?

I too will be affected by the building of this new road but I still believe at this stage that something might be done to stop the new road, if enough residents put forward their objections. Surely it's worth a try.

However I can also fully appreciate though that if the road does go ahead it's better to be pre-armed and I too would be looking for as much compensation as I would legally be entitled too. Good Luck..
glenandem
Citizen

glenandem
28th November 2012 at 4:54PM
hi pal, im just researching to be prearmed as you say.
im signing all the petitions and telling people i know about the facts of traffic the road will bring and how it wont really help our area in any way etc but i just think that if the council wants this they will get it,look at the hoo haa of the solutions sk 5 mil drama, makes you laugh that people like sue derbyshire and the rest of them crooked lib dems have gotten away with and they all seem to want the road,we dont even have any hazel grove mp's popping up voicing theyre concerns anymore and if they cant or wont say anything what chance have we got eh?
slim
Townsperson

slim
28th November 2012 at 6:46PM
I see hunter the lib dem mp for cheadle has been in the press stating that most people are in favour of the road ? How does he know this I think most people don't know enough about it to form an opinion either way.there should be a lot more information and a lot more investigation into the effects of this road. Andrew stunner is our mp email him and write to him and let him know how you feel on this.
Dolores
Villager

Dolores
28th November 2012 at 7:33PM
Very good point. Andrew Stunnell stood up in the House of Commons last week and asked:
Is it still the Prime Minister's intention that this should be the greenest Government ever?

He must be challenged on this hypocrisy. Building new roads can never be green.
cllrkevinhogg
Hazel Grove Councillor

cllrkevinhogg
30th November 2012 at 12:44PM
I take exception to being called crooked.
I am reading these posts on a regular basis and in my opinion this road is needed and will take traffic out of Hazel Grove.
The emotions being stirred up by people on here are the minority, the majority have signed many petitions to get this road built with no opposition until now. I even fought 2 elections on this with very large majorities.
Residents bought their houses knowing a Road was to be built here, it is not new, the line has been set since 1990 with the red route blue route argument some 25 years ago.
Cassandra
Villager

Cassandra
3rd December 2012 at 10:55AM
The difference this time, Cllr Hogg, is that this road does not bypass Hazel Grove and that is the key fact that enabled you to achieve your majority. This road STOPS at Hazel Grove and it doesn’t take much effort to see what misery and chaos it will bring to local people. SMBC’s traffic modelling statistics touted at the public exhibitions even support this argument with projections of increases in traffic on the A6 of up to 30% being publicised. I have also seen the Councils OWN statistics which clearly show a steady and significant decline in traffic in Stockport over the last 10 – 11 years, rendering your predictions of a 3% growth in traffic generally as pretty ludicrous (not just my view, extremely well researched and supported by many highly respected national experts). Emotions being stirred up? You can well believe it. The road scheme as it stands is going to wreak havoc, not only from a congestion point of view but also on the environment: PERMANENTLY. That includes the ancient woodland at the end of Old Mill Lane that local people love and that SMBC has steadfastly refused to acknowledge in their planning of the road. Why do people feel differently this time? We know building roads does not work. We’ve been listening and learning over the past 20 years, or at least some of us have. The reality is that, instead of being a solution to local problems, this road is being rushed through to support George Osborne’s airport development. In the 2010 Spending Review, this road was considered so unnecessary and unimportant as to not even be mentioned in the top 130 schemes needed in the UK. Why do we suddenly need it now? To attract freight from “Derbyshire, Yorkshire and beyond”. That’s 24/7 through people’s back gardens, ancient woods and green fields. It’s in the Business Case, don’t be fooled, it’s the biggest scandal around.
1 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
Cassandra
Villager

Cassandra
3rd December 2012 at 11:05AM
Just incase anyone wants to learn more about "Peak Car" and the decline in car usage, please take time to watch Inside Out on BBC tonight at 7.30pm. So why is our Gov't spending £30 billion on new roads?!
glenandem
Citizen

glenandem
3rd December 2012 at 3:47PM
hi cllr hogg,im sorry if you took excemption to be called a crook and i was naming you alone, i was saying as a whole the lib dems seem to be doing a great deal wrong for stockport at the moment.
looking from the outside you cant help feel the council is bent when you see whats gone on with solutions sk and the 5 mil drama, can you confirm that solutions sk has cllr's on the board of directors there yet they are also representing the people at stockport council,surely thats a conflict of interest when it comes up to the council renewing tenders etc for rubbish collections and the like and now the 5 mil issue, this company should have had the contract ripped up and a new company brought in.
then you read how sue derbyshire kept her job after recieving a vote of confidence, well im sorry but not just me everyone i speak to around stockport doesnt have confidence in her or our council anymore and all i hear from people is the lib dems have been in power too long!
arent the lib dems supposed to be all about being green yet here you are and others pushing for a road thats been scaled right back to be done cheap as poss and maybe everyone wanted it a one time but now everybody is finding out just what we're getting theyre realising that its not going to help hazel grove traffic inc surrounding areas.
it actually astounds me how you and others arent looking at the facts of current traffic levels declining and the facts that your council has put out saying traffic levels will rise in our area if this section of the "manchester airport relief road" goes ahead!
did you see what i didnt call it the hazel grove bypass etc i called it what its now being known as, the airport relief road!
crazy and even crazier to think our cllrs arent one bit concerned about these worrying facts,at least disley are having an urgent meeting on the 12th dec!
0 Likes 1 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
noroadm
Banned
4th December 2012 at 2:55PM
We must campaign against this bypass

It is wrong

It is also illegal   - Protected woodlannd   was not idenfified in the planning until recently

The earnback scheme means that the taxpayer will end up footing the bill for the road

Dont let Boss Hogg and the rest fool you   
<< 1 2 >>

Tagged With..

More about SEMMMS / Hazel Grove & Poynton Bypass / A555 MAELR

Main

Places

Opinions

Create