12 Supporters 11 Opposers

BREAKING NEWS - Relief road scrapped!

<< 1 2 3 4 5 >>

Serenity
Citizen

Serenity
Re: BREAKING NEWS - Relief road scrapped!
8th January 2013 at 12:58PM
Coleman Wrote:

From what i can see/hear it is still a small minority who oppose this road! Granted its an equally small minority who support it too, from what i can see the majority are either undecided or simply in a neutral position on it!

I seem to think that it wasn't so long ago Coleman that you were one of those saying that this new road would not be a good thing for the Grove. What has changed your mind since then.

I feel that those people who are neutral are only that way because they are not aware of the true extent of how the plans have been chanced since there original concept all those years ago. Or perhaps it's because as we've all seen we have been lead to believe that in someway this new road is still going to be the start of a new by-pass. Which I very much doubt.

All I would like to see quite simply is evidence to show how this road will improve the lives of the people living in the Grove. Upto now I've just seen the contrary.

It might improve the lives of people going to and from the airport but for Grover's I doubt it very much.

This road I believe will just make the A6 busier and the sides roads even more congested.

You've only got to look at the A6 as it stands at the moment and the evidence speaks for itself.

So how can even more cars coming through the Grove to get to this new road not be a bad thing for the Grove...

Tell me Coleman as one in favour of this road what future attributes do you see this new road bringing to the Grove...

0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
Coleman
Area Admin

Coleman
8th January 2013 at 1:05PM
I was never against the road, i simply objected to the powers that be trying to make out it was something it wasn't (a bypass for HG) and i also disputed and still do dispute their claims about reduced traffic!

That said i am also not in favour of the road!

My view is that there are positive and negatives and taken as a whole i think they pretty much cancel each other out. But if only for the fact that this part of the road being built means there is still a small chance the other part may be built one day (albeit in many years) i would say i am swaying very slightly towards support of it in some form.
noroadm
Banned
8th January 2013 at 1:07PM
It's called sitting on the fence

Coleman
Area Admin

Coleman
8th January 2013 at 1:59PM
Call it what you will, my view is what it is!

It's a view shared with many many people, and the reason being because like most things in life it isn't simply black and white, right or wrong.

If people can see the benefit as well as the cost, should they then have to pick a side even though they feel the argument for and against is pretty balanced?
noroadm
Banned
8th January 2013 at 2:08PM
i think we can assume you are in an area where the road will not effect you

Correct ?
noroadm
Banned
8th January 2013 at 4:24PM
Coleman ??

Coleman
Area Admin

Coleman
8th January 2013 at 4:51PM
Well that depends on what you mean by affect! Everyone in area will be affected to some extent, and since i live just off the A6 (i have to use the A6 to get anywhere) i will certainly be affected by the changes to traffic patterns if nothing else!

I won't be as close to the road as some though.
iancook
Villager

iancook
How it’s starting to affect us!!!
8th January 2013 at 7:03PM

And now it gets personal....

I am currently going through the process of purchasing a development property in Cheshire, as part of the mortgage finance package, they required a valuation of my current property on Woodford Road……..How angry did I feel when the Halifax Bank came back this morning with a response, “with the proposed A555 road development, we are unable to offer any current valuation on this property until the effects of the new road are established”

Welcome guys to the realisation that if the road goes ahead, it will now be almost impossible to sell or buy properties for the next 5/10 years, within the expanded catchment area of the new road, thats the A6 corridor, roads into and out of the grove, bramhall, poynton, woodford et al, as the mortgage lenders appear unwilling to borrow against our properties due to the possible effects of the road……..no mention of any increased values anywhere as a benefit to the new road being built…….only negatives!!!

Is it totally unrealistic for mortgage lenders to not now value any A555 related property?, Is a valuer saying that there is now “no value to any home” in any sth Manchester area with any future proposed or planned development, as it will be a very difficult time over the next few years for south Manchester estate agents, mortgage brokers and residents trying to buy and sell homes with the planned expansion of the A555 Airport City relief road, new housing developments at Woodford, Handforth Dean & Handforth (over 15,000 new homes planned on the A555 corridor) plus the high speed Manchester/London Rail Link that will terminate at Airport City, that is scheduled for completion in 2020…will all these developments now get “No value” responses for all mortgage applications in Sth Manchester and Cheshire??

NIMBY…..I wasn't, but i am now!!
glenandem
Citizen

glenandem
8th January 2013 at 7:33PM
hi ian,sorry to hear your problem, i too have a neighbour who cant seem to sell theyre house due to everytime somone gets interested they find out that the lovely view at the back could be about to be spoiled by a new road!
iancook
Villager

iancook
8th January 2013 at 8:08PM
Thanks glenandem

Not really much of a problem as we are happy with our home and like you knew the road might come through sometime, however I do feel sorry for any others who may now be trapped for the next 5 years unable to sell and for those that won't be able to get a mortgage on a property in the area if the road gets passed.
<< 1 2 3 4 5 >>