12 Supporters 11 Opposers

Airport Relief Road - Traffic Plan

<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11 12 13 >>

cllrkevinhogg
Hazel Grove Councillor

cllrkevinhogg
Re: Airport Relief Road - Traffic Plan
18th December 2012 at 1:00PM
Apart from the anti road posters no one else seems to post. therefore it is a no hope argument.
I do not have a Jag and do not double park either. So mistaken identity there. I own a Mazda 3 and my wife a Citroen so please stop the lies
I do not know how much has been spent as this is a moving figure as more is spent each day. but it is necessary
Dean Lane will see both an increase and decrease in traffic so I expect the effects to be small either way. Traffic that currently goes to the airport and west of the borough uses it and this will decrease, traffic wanting to access it from marple will probably use Windlehurst rd and the A6 as it will be a lot quicker.
Some traffic from mainly H G will be drawn to it from areas around The Shady Oak estate and possibly from Offerton and Great Moorbut other areas it is quicker and shorter to go through Bramhall as happens now.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
Serenity
Citizen

Serenity
18th December 2012 at 2:54PM
So in your opinion then Kevin is this project written in stone and as far as the you and the council are concerned this road will go ahead come what may.

Therefore is the current public consultation just to assist the council in deciding what junction is most favourable and nothing more.

I still don't see how facts based on yester years figures can give the right information for anyone to come to an informed decision one way or another.

Cassandra
Villager

Cassandra
19th December 2012 at 7:42AM
Isn't it wonderful to see just what a true democrat Mr Hogg is! So whatever any of us think is totally irrelevant, is it? Interesting that SMBC's questionnaire asks us all whether we are in favour of the road or not. Obviously window dressing because apparently the public's views are immaterial, according to our erudite councillor!
glenandem
Citizen

glenandem
19th December 2012 at 10:12AM
I love cllr hoggs comments!
Firstly he doesn't know the costs as they keep rising but are essential!
This from a council that has just lost 5 mill from anouther sub contracted business with Cllrs as board members? Surely Somone our local mps should have ideas or concerns of the money being spent on this road planning?
Secondly your idea that traffic will come down windlehurst instead of torkington is abit crazy as the amount of traffic wouldn't flow, have you seen how long it takes to get onto the a6 waiting at them traffic lights at the end wondlehurst, that would backlog traffic up on the a6 even worse than it does now as the lights would have to switch more, plus you'd get all the traffic in the centre of marple turning to come up past the mill and onto windlehurst, so basically what cllr Hogg Is saying is that by more traffic heading to high lane from marple and onto the a6 down into this junction that's going to attract more traffic will cause congestion?
So he must agree that it will attract more traffic and cause more disruption than currently is!
noroadm
Banned
19th December 2012 at 4:20PM
Quote of the Week from Boss Hogg

" Apart from the anti road posters no one else seems to post."

That's because everyone is against   it

doh
1 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
Goggins
19th December 2012 at 8:10PM
This road's going to be built because the government wants it to be built. The 3 councils, of course, are the ones who have to do all the studies, defend it to the NIMBYs, man the stalls at the meetings but be clear: this is at the behest of George Osborne so it will happen.
Consultations like the current one, however toothless, are soon to become a thing of the past.

"You know the story. The Minister stands on a platform like this and announces a plan then that plan goes through a three month consultation period there are impact assessments along the way and probably some judicial reviews to clog things up further. By the time the machinery of government has finally wheezed into action, the moment’s probably passed. Government has been like someone endlessly writing a ‘pros and cons’ list as an excuse not to do anything at all. Consultations, impact assessments, audits, reviews, stakeholder management, securing professional buy-in, complying with EU procurement rules, assessing sector feedback this is not how we became one of the most powerful, prosperous nations on earth. It’s not how you get things done. As someone once said, if Christopher Columbus had an advisory committee he would probably still be stuck in the dock.
So I am determined to change this. Here’s how:
Cutting back on judicial reviews.
Reducing government consultations.
Streamlining European legislation.
Stopping the gold-plating of legislation at home.
And quite simply: getting our roads and railways built more quickly."

David Cameron, 19th Nov 2012.
HG-21
Banned
19th December 2012 at 8:21PM
People just don't want the road built because they don't want it built and crack on at the Councillor because he isn't telling people what they want to hear. It's the same with any political decisions.
The traffic in Hazel Grove is horrendous anyway, I sincerely doubt it can get ANY worse.

Personally I'm for the bypass - the Grove is a pain to get anywhere from and the new road will make it a lot easier both for commuters and every day life.

1 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
glenandem
Citizen

glenandem
19th December 2012 at 9:00PM
The road will make it better for everyone!
Have you seen the route or been to any of the meetings or even looked at the official smbc study and stats, they don't add up and the bits that do say we will get more traffic!
So I'm just curious how you think it help our area from the evidence you have seen, unless you've seen inside knowledge that they're building the full bypass to bredbury than I could be an optimist like yourself but unfortunately that section will never be built with the costs it's projected to be!
Please explain what makes you think it will help and also have you got evidence to back up your claims, I'm only asking as I can't see it from all the info I've seen?
Goggins
19th December 2012 at 9:16PM
glenandem Wrote:

Have you seen the route or been to any of the meetings or even looked at the official smbc study and stats, they don't add up and the bits that do say we will get more traffic!

Either they do add up or they don't! At the meeting I attended I saw the map with current traffic levels together with 'predicted without' and 'predicted with' figures. Clearly, some roads will get busier and some roads will get quieter when the A555 is extended. Whether you think the project is justified on traffic levels probably depends somewhat on how it affects your road/area. The numbers are certainly not as black and white as the vehemently pro and anti groups would like to make out.
noroadm
Banned
20th December 2012 at 8:35AM
Goggins and HG21

Iam against the bypass becasue it effects me , many of the community   and ploughs through greenbelt and protected woodland

Also this is a democracy , there is a consultation process , why assume the government will already build the road

traffice levels are declining - have you saeen the reports

Unless they build the whole thing - through to Bredbury ( which none of us want ) - this is a Road to nowhere and wsill make matters worse

I and many others will fight to see that this   will not happen

Will the residents of Mill Lane appreciate they fields being used as landfill

Will many people appreciate loss in house value   and blight , fumes , waggons rolling through previously peaceful farmland and countryside   ?              

<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11 12 13 >>

More about SEMMMS / Hazel Grove & Poynton Bypass / A555 MAELR

Main

Places

Opinions

Create