12 Supporters 11 Opposers

Airport Relief Road - Traffic Plan

<< 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 >>

This post has been removed by a Forum Moderator because it broke the house rules.

Reason: repeat post

Norma_Stitts
Supervised

Norma_Stitts
Re: Airport Relief Road - Traffic Plan
8th January 2013 at 5:20PM
noroadm Wrote:

or do you not mind that the lib dems met in secret with the government to progress this

Not very secret then was it?   clap

1 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
noroadm
Banned
9th January 2013 at 4:20PM, Edit: 10th January 2013 at 1:15PM by noroadm
Great design

Can you forward it to the Paula designers and they will display at convienient locations straight away
0 Likes 1 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
5th February 2013 at 10:03AM
I live in Disley and run my own business so the road would be a benefit to me when heading west for work etc, bypassing Stockport. I do worry that more HGVs will be enticed through Disley (to the new road) which has chronic traffic problems as it is, and rationally, the road should link up with the bypass at Whaley Bridge. However, on balance, and for the sake of trade over the whole north west region, I believe the road will be a benefit. I also strongly believe that shop trade on the A6 to Stockport may even benefit as it will become easier to get to and generally more pleasant to visit for shopping purposes.

Of course, the majority of those living close to the road's path will be against it, naturally, I would if it was to pass close to my home so all arguments are understandable (though immature jibes aren't!). But for trade (and local pollution), Stockport has become virtually impassable for many hours of the day and an unfeasible trade route so something needs to be done.

I personally don't have much of a problem with sections of trees being felled, relative to the size of woodland of course. Offsetting by planting will largely negate the enviro impact and wildlife isn't as stupid as the hysterical media makes out, so won't be crushed by road rollers and heavy plant, and will build new homes/dens just metres away from construction.

There will always be winners and losers with such a major development and these are just my personal thoughts.

2 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
glenandem
Citizen

glenandem
5th February 2013 at 5:18PM
I also strongly believe that shop trade on the A6 to Stockport may even benefit as it will become easier to get to and generally more pleasant to visit for shopping purposes.

hi pal,i understand your thinking and that you think it could help your business but what do you think about all the shops in hazel grove that seem to shut down and turn into curry houses or bars and theyve always had alot of passing traffic yet theyve dwindled into the above over years?
if anything this rd if built will turn alot of of green belt into brown belt and i personally think we'll get some more big shops ie tesco's, i know theres one in whalley bridge but nothing around hazel grove in a big size shop thats prob why theres a tesco's express at fiveways, i believe they tried to get on the site near the rising sun but somone at least had the sense to say no to that i presume as they finally thought we had enough supermarkets!
whats going on in disley with the residents there,didnt they have a local meeting the other week due to concerns about the rise in traffic passing through?
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
nicko60
Idler

nicko60
11th February 2013 at 3:01PM
I dont understand how this proposed byepass   will reduce local traffic.   Will it not increase on surrounding roads such as the fiveways area and   cause even more bottlenecks?   A lot of ancient woodland   will be destroyed in its construction and bring misery to those households which border the road, it is a waste of money   put the money to an up graded metro from Stockport to the airport instead.
Goggins
12th February 2013 at 7:25PM
nicko60 Wrote:

A lot of ancient woodland   will be destroyed in its construction

How much?
Norma_Stitts
Supervised

Norma_Stitts
12th February 2013 at 10:24PM
Goggins Wrote:

nicko60 Wrote:

A lot of ancient woodland   will be destroyed in its construction

How much?

I cannot find anything with an actual figure against it but there are only 4 recognised places in Cheshire with more than 10 hectares of ancient woodland. To put that into perspective that would only be an area of 316.2 metres square. Not much really is it?

Apparently 65% of ancient woodland is less than 5 hectares, so 223.6 metres square as a maximum. The likelihood is that we are indeed talking about a very small area.

The NIMBY's will hold onto anything they can though and make it sound like it is akin to deforestation in Brazil. They will plant more trees, it will be part of the planning. Clutching at straws TBH.

Next?   bye
noroadm
Banned
13th February 2013 at 8:45AM
See Ian cooks thread

http://www.civicr.com/suburb/hazel-grove/forum/government-quietly-agrees-to-protect-woodlands-t3831-p1.html
Goggins
13th February 2013 at 6:33PM
I'd seen that thread, in fact I'd posted in it. I can't see any mention of how much land we're talking about, though.
<< 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 >>

More about SEMMMS / Hazel Grove & Poynton Bypass / A555 MAELR

Main

Places

Opinions

Create