Airport Relief Road - Traffic Plan

<< 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 >>

glenandem
Citizen

glenandem
Re: Airport Relief Road - Traffic Plan
6th January 2013 at 7:15PM
Hi noroadm!
I thought it would affect him as I would think that the trucks that go through marple then usually turn near 17 windows to go to bredbury m60 might think its better to come down torkington onto a6 then get on the new airport relief rd?
So in that sense hazel grove could attract one or two more wagons there too around the rising sun area maybe?
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
iancook
Villager

iancook
6th January 2013 at 10:52PM
Torky as you say must live close to Torkington road, even the council are saying the traffic increase levels on that road alone are some of the highest on the scheme showing over 90% daily traffic increases....what really is unclear is what part of I don't care is logicical, try selling your house, worrying about your kids/friends asthma, or let your wife & kids walk down into the village with all the hgv's trundling past if it happens

Also 300+ residents along the Torkington corridor have already signed a petition to object to the A500 airport link road, so you cannot have escaped the local feelings against this unless you are or live with Boss Hogg who still believes most people in his HG ward want the road.
Damien
Villager

Damien
7th January 2013 at 10:38AM
iancook Wrote:

Torky as you say must live close to Torkington road, even the council are saying the traffic increase levels on that road alone are some of the highest on the scheme showing over 90% daily traffic increases....

I am confused now Ian, I thought this was a "road to nowhere", I cannot imagine many people driving to "nowhere"? But now you are saying that Hazel Grove will be flooded with traffic, people coming from far and wide to use our "Road to Nowhere!".

iancook Wrote:

what really is unclear is what part of I don't care is logicical, try selling your house, worrying about your kids/friends asthma, or let your wife & kids walk down into the village with all the hgv's trundling past if it happens

Maybe we live on completely different planets, especially if your idea of Hazel Grove is a sleepy little village without a HGV in sight!

iancook Wrote:

Also 300+ residents along the Torkington corridor have already signed a petition to object to the A500 airport link road, so you cannot have escaped the local feelings against this unless you are or live with Boss Hogg who still believes most people in his HG ward want the road.

I was under the impression the vast majority of "local feelings" came from Paula, a Poynton group (and the newly founded Hgaula, though I believe they only have one member). I haven't seen the older members of this site complaining much on the topic, just the newly registered Paulas. I would think that says a lot.
(I won't comment on my feelings towards petitions again.)
noroadm
Banned
7th January 2013 at 10:48AM
The vast majority of opinions don't just come from Paula      

They come from   many many individuals who feel this road is wrong   

noroadm
Banned
7th January 2013 at 10:49AM
The   HGAULA   was an atempt   at humour   by myself   

Insert your humour chip and have a giggle

Damien
Villager

Damien
7th January 2013 at 11:00AM
And what about the local residents who have been crying out for this road (mind the full thing) for over 30yrs?

If we are only getting half of it we can begin the campaigning for the second half after the first is built. It should be easier with the first half in place.
We wont get it over night, it may take a few years, but we should get it and we should campaign for it, not simply through our hands up and quit just because we can only have half of it.

"Insert your humour chip and have a giggle"
I will if you will wink
Adora
Area Admin

Adora
7th January 2013 at 11:53AM

Agree with Damien re: being easier to get the second half if first is in place.

I won't speak for other 'older' members of the forum but I know I haven't said one way or another if I'm for or against, simply because I don't know yet. The arguments are strong on both sides but I still think the benefits outweigh the negatives. Prepared to be persuaded otherwise at this point though.
noroadm
Banned
7th January 2013 at 12:14PM
So where do you live if you have been crying out for it for 30 years ?

Clearly in an uneffected area

On do   you not engage brain and actually look at what effect it will have on the region ?

or do you not mind greenbelt being swollowed up and absorbed into urban crap

or do you not mind that it is against the law to destroy protected woodland

or do you not mind that the lib dems met in secret with the government to progress this
Goggins
7th January 2013 at 8:40PM
noroadm Wrote:

On do   you not engage brain and actually look at what effect it will have on the region ?

Subtext: proponents of the road are stupid?
noroadm Wrote:

urban crap

= Hazel Grove?
noroadm Wrote:

or do you not mind that it is against the law to destroy protected woodland

This is a claim that I find hard to believe since it would mean the road couldn't be built without the government breaking the law.
noroadm Wrote:

or do you not mind that the lib dems met in secret with the government to progress this
Gosh! The government held a meeting without members of the public being there? Who'd've thought it.
glenandem
Citizen

glenandem
7th January 2013 at 10:03PM
Adora Wrote:

Agree with Damien re: being easier to get the second half if first is in place.

im in two minds about this thinking.
on one hand i agree that if we get one section you'd think it would be easier to go for the second section, but on the other hand why have we only got one half when surely it would be cheaper to do both together rather than start again years later?
is it not because the costs of that section are through the roof in fact double the cost of this section so it would take a brave chancellor to give the go ahead for the bredbury section which i'd say is just as much needed with all that traffic around bents lane.
thy're only pushing for this section to attract more traffic to and from the airport with the massive airport city they've got planned to build and wheres that traffic heading away from there?
right to the other end onto the a6 where we all live!
thats why its now being called the airport relief rd and no mention of any bypass etc anymore
<< 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 >>

More about SEMMMS / Hazel Grove & Poynton Bypass / A555 MAELR

Main

Places

Opinions

Create