12 Supporters 11 Opposers

Airport relief rd update?

<< 1 2 3 4 5 >>

glenandem
Citizen

glenandem
Re: Airport relief rd update?
1st October 2013 at 1:08AM
Hi I didn't know anything about this proposed route move and it's quite a big shift of route!
Personally for me it doesn't make much difference in fact it may be better as the current route passes the field at the back of my house about 100-150 yards away whereas the new route comes through the centre of the forest by the looks of it across the road and joins the a6 just down of the Robin Hood pub?
Now if they go for the new design that tells me the Bradbury section will never go ahead as it will have to go through some of he houses directly in front of it then it will have to cross the underground reservoir in the field behind and finally cut right into the golf course which in its own right has been there a fair few years!
I believe there's a meeting at hazel grove civic hall some time this month but don't know the date, with that amount of route shifting surely there should be anouther public consultation?
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
glenandem
Citizen

glenandem
1st October 2013 at 1:10AM
Haha just seen in your post the civic centre time and date cheers i might pop down if I can be bothered but if its anything like the last few, I seem to know more than the people supposedly there to help with advice!!
Damien
Villager

Damien
3rd October 2013 at 1:01PM
RunningWalker Wrote:

There is a lot going on. SMBC Executive meeting 1/10/13 6 pm at Fred Perry House with a packed SEMMMS agenda. Go here for details democracy.stockport.gov.ukThere is a new route proposal that avoids the ancient woodland at Carr Wood - see the PAULA website/blog for details. This is bad news for those who live near the Robin Hood pub on the A6. There is a drop in session at the Civic Hall on 8/10/13 6-8pm.

Yay the Woodlands saved!! Does that mean that PAULA will be supporting the road now? I mean that's all Dolores cared about, she admitted as much in one of her posts!
glenandem
Citizen

glenandem
5th October 2013 at 2:55PM
I've just spoken to a neighbour who is going to loose a lot of green land where the relief rd finishes and asked her about this new proposed route as she's in constant contact with main boss at Stockport council and she said this new route is nonsense and has come from friends of poynton or something along those lines and the current plan is the one they are going with?
Will have to wait and see what's said at the civic hall on Tuesday evening!
glenandem
Citizen

glenandem
8th October 2013 at 7:58PM
well went to meeting guys and as she said the other route has been devised by paula and its been looked at and theyre still going with current route, i wasnt really bothered about the route as i already know its not going to help our area one bit as did pretty much everybody i spoke to and heard talking about it but when asked about compo and whats going on with that they didnt like to talk about that lol
nedsram
Townsperson

nedsram
10th October 2013 at 8:02PM, Edit: 10th October 2013 at 8:18PM by nedsram
While as a Poyntonian I'm all in favour of the airport link road, I've always been concerned that the route passes close to or through the site of the old water mill at the bottom of Old Mill Lane, as well as slicing through the woodland. However it has to cross Norbury Brook somewhere, and although the alternative route I've just seen on the PAULA blog seems to have some merit, it's not consistent with the closing of part of the A6 to through traffic, which is probably why the powers that be didn't like the idea. Many years ago a new water pipeline was laid between Middlewood Way and Wilmslow, and this also sliced through this woodland - in fact near where the kids mess around on their bikes. In this case there are no signs left, but clearly a dual carriageway is a different matter! There is a nature reserve with scheduled ancient woodland further east towards Norbury Hollow, but the route shouldn't affect this.

I'd be interested to see any diagram showing an alternative to the route that was published by SEMMMS. And I have also learnt something. I had no idea that the wood was known locally as Carr Wood. There is of course another wood of the same name next to Bramhall Park, so this might well cause some confusion.

Finally a note to the bluebell lovers. Himalayan balsam is rapidly taking hold along Norbury Brook, especially in the nature reserve next to Norbury Hollow. If left unchecked, it will take over, at the expense of native plants including the bluebells. Two of us walked the length of the brook and removed every plant we could see last year, but we haven't repeated the process this year. Seeds float down from a massive infestation near Middlewood station, so any control would have to be on an ongoing basis.
hellonpluto
Villager

hellonpluto
27th November 2013 at 10:26AM
Who is the saddo who had put up signs on council property telling people to say no to the a555 fisaco? LOL sad gets; get a life.
glenandem
Citizen

glenandem
27th November 2013 at 2:22PM
wheres that?
and whys its sad?
BlueGrover
Good Citizen

BlueGrover
27th November 2013 at 3:53PM
glenandem Wrote:

wheres that?
and whys its sad?
My guess it's the irony, council property, say no etc?
glenandem
Citizen

glenandem
27th November 2013 at 4:34PM
yeah thats the only thing i could think of, but still dont understand why its sad?
people could say theyre sad for putting a comment on here about somone putting a sign up on council property lol, eveyone does things that make themselves feel content!
would like to know where it is though so i could see it when passing!
<< 1 2 3 4 5 >>

Tagged With..

More about SEMMMS / Hazel Grove & Poynton Bypass / A555 MAELR

Main

Places

Opinions

Create