12 Supporters 11 Opposers

A6MARR Mill Lane Topsoil Site

This thread was submitted to Hazel Grove

OliverJohnstone
Hazel Grove Councillor

OliverJohnstone
A6MARR Mill Lane Topsoil Site
2nd February 2015 at 1:24PM
Last week William Wragg and I had a meeting with the leadership team of the SEMMMS project concerning the proposed topsoil site at the field in Mill Lane, behind the properties on Old Mill Lane.

For those of you not aware, this land has been purchased under Compulsory Purchase Order by the Council and is covered by the planning permission granted to the scheme to use for the depositing and storage of topsoil excavated from the SEMMMS construction. Once the road has been built, this top soil will be recycled in the bunding and mounding that will line the road. After this, the field will be reseeded and restored to its current state.

The digging should last 2 weeks to a month, after which no vehicles will be accessing this site to deposit top soil until after roughly 2 years when the soil will be used to construct mounding, again another 2-4 weeks. The access will be to the rear of Millbrook Fold, rather than from Mill Lane itself.

We have had assurances that there should be no access required on Sundays during the digging periods. The topsoil will be piled around 3 metres high and I have sought assurances that there will be no chance of sliding or health and safety risks associated.

Some of you may know that there is a sewage mains access point on this field and I have ensured that access will be granted to utilities companies if needed.

If anyone has any further question, please let me know.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
Goggins
Re: A6MARR Mill Lane Topsoil Site
2nd February 2015 at 7:52PM
OliverJohnstone Wrote:

I have sought assurances that there will be no chance of sliding or health and safety risks associated.

Some of you may know that there is a sewage mains access point on this field and I have ensured that access will be granted to utilities companies if needed.

Were these things not requirements of the legal permissions? It seems somewhat odd that we have to rely on your perspicacity in these matters.
1 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  

More about SEMMMS / Hazel Grove & Poynton Bypass / A555 MAELR

Main

Places

Opinions

Create