12 Supporters 11 Opposers

A time to look at the facts

<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 >>

Norma_Stitts
Supervised

Norma_Stitts
Re: A time to look at the facts
28th February 2013 at 11:56PM, Edit: 1st March 2013 at 12:01AM by Norma_Stitts
I recall Kevin posted some numbers which suggested it was around those figures? I suspect the 'vexatious one' just picked the figures up off this forum?

You can't blame the council if people did reply though. It's another case of 'they cannot win either way!'.

0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
Adora
Area Admin

Adora
1st March 2013 at 12:12AM
Norma_Stitts Wrote:

Sheila Oliver is only happy when she is moaning about something.

Infact, she is genuinely the only person that could make Gok Wan look like he isn't the most annoying person in the World.

[Martin Luther King] I HAVE A DREAM [/Martin Luther King]
Why not get Sheila Oliver to open the relief road? She could stand in front of everyone on a pedestal and be presented with a reef which a local celebrity could place over her head then she could pull a rope to open a giant curtain to reveal the relief road?

Here's the smart bit; the rope would actually release the gallows trapdoor that she is stood upon and the reef would have a high tensile steel line attached to the back of it so it acts as a noose!   

What you smokin' big lad?

(Do you mean 'wreath'?
Norma_Stitts
Supervised

Norma_Stitts
1st March 2013 at 12:45AM
No, I certainly meant a noose! ;)

(I will give you that one! LOL).
glenandem
Citizen

glenandem
1st March 2013 at 8:14AM
Hi Norma I understand the council being on a can't win or lose situation and its probably something they have to do by supposedly giving people a say but from lots of people I've spoke to and even looking at the a6 semmms Facebook page there's a lot of people who think it wasn't a very good oppinion survey as it didn't give you a clear yes no as to whether people wanted the actual airport relief rd and there's a lot of people who aren't happy with the way they've asked about which jct layout they would prefer, I believe there's choices missing?
I wonder if many people didn't reply as they thought it wasn't worth it not being given the options of a yes no etc, I mean surely if its a much needed road wouldn't we had a much bigger reply to the survey if many people felt so strong about it being needed???
noroadm
Banned
7th March 2013 at 2:16PM
Further concerns by Queensgate primary school

We would want to protect the health of our children   wouldn,t we ?

• The opinion poll survey figures the Council relies on to show public support for the road is not credible given the issues surrounding local schools were not examined and publicised before the relevant opinion polls were conducted.

• Traffic, noise, and light pollution mitigation measures (e.g. appropriate tree planting and fencing) are needed.

• Representative baseline measurements (e.g. noise, light, and air quality) should be taken now to facilitate assessments.

• Second opinions on any geotechnical studies (for nearby subsidence and flooding risks) should be sought.

• The Earn-Back funding model should be properly explained, especially the future financial liabilities.

• Public guarantees should be given regarding the protection of all local greenbelt land, and also regarding contingency plans for any funding shortfalls (in particular guarantees that any private sector funding deals will not compromise the local community).
Coleman
Area Admin

Coleman
7th March 2013 at 2:28PM
What is that post even meant to mean?

Are you quoting a school? Are these questions or demands that the said school have made?

I'm struggling to see how it's anything other than an off-topic, ramble!

Oh, and 'i thought you had gone?'
noroadm
Banned
7th March 2013 at 2:51PM, Edit: 7th March 2013 at 2:52PM by noroadm
This thread is entitled    " A Time to look at the facts "

My post is in keeping with this thread

What i have previously posted is an extract from a report from Queensgate primary school presented to the Council(s).

It has not been put down by just one person , but by a group of people who have decided that is their conclusion

They like me should be respected in this forum for their opinion

It is down to the reader of this report to come to their own conclusion about what is posted

Coleman
Area Admin

Coleman
7th March 2013 at 2:58PM
I fail to see a single fact in that post, all you have done is copy and paste a handful of random 'comments' made in a report, non of which add to the conversation in any way, shape or form.

And even if anyone can see any value in them, they are not even from or about a Hazel Grove school.

"Content and posts should be relevant to the area they are submitted to.
Content and posts should be well written/of a good quality." - CiviCr Standards

If you have any thing to say on the subject then go for it, but keep it relevant!
noroadm
Banned
7th March 2013 at 3:43PM
Of course

Peace
Damien
Villager

Damien
25th March 2013 at 12:18PM
noroadm Wrote:

Further concerns by Queensgate primary school

• Traffic, noise, and light pollution mitigation measures (e.g. appropriate tree planting and fencing) are needed.

Interesting, is light pollution going to be a huge issue for a primary school? I assume this is from the headlights of cars? As the kids will be leaving school by the time it gets dark this is rather void!

As for pollution on a school, are you campaigning for Vernon Park Primary School who have the same issues now?
<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 >>