12 Supporters 11 Opposers

A time to look at the facts

<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 >>

noroadm
Banned
A time to look at the facts
13th February 2013 at 2:11PM, Edit: 16th February 2013 at 10:11PM by Adora
A folly in the making – A response to SEMMMS from CPRE Lancashire, the Campaign for Better Transport and North West Transport Roundtable
Posted on February 7, 2013     

The business case and the environmental scoping report for a new road that would decimate part of the Green Belt around South East Manchester has been challenged by a consortium of environmental NGOs including CPRE.

The A6 to Manchester Airport Relief Road would be the first stage of a network of roads that were examined as part of the South East Manchester Multi Modal Study (SEMMMS) at the turn of the century. Most of them were given a green light by the study – but based on traffic models which predicted high traffic growth that has never materialised. A consultation about the first section of road closed on January 25th. CPRE Lancashire Branch lodged its own objection but also produced a very critical analysis of the Environmental Scoping Report that was submitted as part of a composite series of critiques co-ordinated by the Campaign for Better Transport (CfBT) and the North West Transport Roundtable (NW TAR).

Read the full report here :

http://www.cprelancashire.org.uk/uploads/SEMMMSA6-ManchesterAirportRoad-NWTAR&CfBT_published_web.pdf

0 Likes 1 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
noroadm
Banned
Re: A time to look at the facts
14th February 2013 at 2:24PM
Its funny that you get 84 views and no comments

I assume people have viewed the link and are reading the material    
Coleman
Area Admin

Coleman
15th February 2013 at 2:55PM
Yeah, i'm sure everyone is just having a read and will comment soon!

Nobody will have just looked to see what your going on about now and then decided to ignore you, not a chance!
1 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
noroadm
Banned
16th February 2013 at 10:00AM
i trust you will see from reading the articles properly Coleman that you will see what others are on about and then you will respond in a mature way

cllrkevinhogg
Hazel Grove Councillor

cllrkevinhogg
16th February 2013 at 6:29PM
sameold thread no one takes any notice now. I think this has run its course and didn`t you tell people noroadm you`d leave it to others now and you were off into the sunset or something.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
cllrkevinhogg
Hazel Grove Councillor

cllrkevinhogg
16th February 2013 at 6:31PM
Hey admin wheres my lovely photo gone
noroadm
Banned
16th February 2013 at 6:43PM
Mr Hogg

Please can i ask you to open the link and read the material and comment on it

Thank you
Nick
CiviCr

Nick
16th February 2013 at 9:41PM
cllrkevinhogg Wrote:

Hey admin wheres my lovely photo gone

We improved the profile photo part of the site quite a while back.
As part of the transition we left the old ones until members had a chance to update them.
You should of had a message at the top asking you to set a profile picture.
glenandem
Citizen

glenandem
16th February 2013 at 9:53PM
wow after having a brief look as i generally know enough in my mind to think its a waste of money and land if it happens, i only skipped through bits of it and theres alot of cause for concern with outdated research or not enough yet theyre still campaigning for it without looking at these things that need to be looked into.
is this document from a proper recognised organisation because if it is surely the gov and the cllrs campaigning for it need to read it and ask questions on the peoples behalf??????
Adora
Area Admin

Adora
16th February 2013 at 10:09PM
It was commissioned by an off-shoot of The Campaign for Better Transport (CfBT) which was established as Transport 2000 nearly 40 years ago. An independent charity, its goal is to achieve better public transport and improved conditions for WALKING AND CYCLING for the sake of communities and the environment.

No mention of car drivers though - you know, the ones who will actually use the road, might welcome the road etc. Biased - much?
<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 >>