A Suburb in Stockport

0 Area has not been reviewed yet

Fire on Bean Leach

This thread was submitted to Hazel Grove

Joe
Drifter
Fire on Bean Leach
10th March 2007 at 6:59AM
hi, could somebody tell me what happened on bean leach a couple of days ago as there was a lot of smoke coming from the fields. when i drove past i saw a big fire. does anybody know what went on down there? as am very interested. ive looked at various local news sites as i havent seen any articles about it. thanks Joe.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Quote Report  
GillB
Townsperson

GillB
Re: Fire on Bean Leach
17th March 2007 at 4:34PM
It would appear that it was Dial Park School .... Again!

I found this article on Stockport Express about it:
http://www.stockportexpress.co.uk/news/s/224/224583_fifth_arson_at_school.html

I remember the last time it was set on fire, it was no where near as bad as this time. I remember the smoke, and the flames from this occasion and it was just incredible. The smoke seemed to in golf the surrounding areas, including Bean Leech.

As you can see from the picture on Stockport Express, it was just unbelievable.

One thing going through my mind is, in the long round which would work out cheaper:

- Leaving the school open.
- or the cost of the firefighters to keep point this building out, the cost to keep securing the site and now the cost to demolish the remains. Not to mention the risk to the general public.

I remember an article on here about them wanting to close a few schools in Hazel Grove (including Moorfield and St. Simons), Would these schools also face the same fate as Dial Park. If so, i will try my best to protest against the closure.

You can see about the schools closing here:
http://www.hazel-grove.co.uk/news/article.asp?NID=14&NT=Primary%20school%20closures%20in%20Hazel%20grove
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
JSmith
Villager

JSmith
21st March 2007 at 9:36AM
Clearly a result of kids, kids who have no respect for anyone, or anything. Don't parents teach the kids any discipline these days?

Look at where the world is going with this 'yob culture'. I say bring back national service, that will show the little brats a bit of respect.
charlie
Villager

charlie
3rd May 2007 at 6:10PM, Edit: 3rd May 2007 at 6:11PM by charlie
correct me if i am wrong but isnt national service forcing 16 yr old boys to join the army? to learn how to kill people? What respect for civilians do you learn in the army? what are you planning to do with the "yobs" that are under 16 as many are? Child labour perhaps?
JSmith
Villager

JSmith
12th May 2007 at 9:55AM
There is more to it than just learning to 'kill people' as you put it.

National Service will teach them respect and discipline, which children these days sorely need.

I can't believe you would be so naive into thinking it would produce more violence. This is where the discipline and respect comes in, they would have more respect than to be out terrorising the locals.

Part of..