0 Area has not been reviewed yet

Council tax

This thread was submitted to Hazel Grove

Smog
Drifter
Council tax
10th February 2012 at 5:56PM
Hi,

I have an issue with my council tax. I was told that a direct debit had been set up but this appears not to be the case so I've been trying to get hold of someone at the council all day. The number I have been using is 0161 217 6014 but all I get is the automated girl going through her spiel and then she cuts me off because 'unfortunately there are no available advisors'. Can anyone help me out with another number that actually puts you through to a human being as I'm getting really quite peeshed off. Tried to manage my account online but lo and behold it went down for maintenance on 9th Jan and is still yet to be instated *rolls eyes and grumbles some more*

Thanks in advance for any help!
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Quote Report  
Mr.V
Drifter
Re: Council tax
10th February 2012 at 7:21PM
try the main switchboard for Stockport council[0161 480 4949]but I don't suppose there will be anyone there till Monday now
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
cllrkevinhogg
Hazel Grove Councillor

cllrkevinhogg
10th February 2012 at 8:07PM
try 480 4949 and explain your difficulty
Smog
Drifter
10th February 2012 at 9:12PM
Much appreciated both of you, thank you. I will try that number on Monday.

Never had this much difficulty trying to give someone money before! :D
Smog
Drifter
10th February 2012 at 9:36PM
Drifter Wrote:

Hi,

I have an issue with my council tax. I was told that a direct debit had been set up but this appears not to be the case so I've been trying to get hold of someone at the council all day. The number I have been using is 0161 217 6014 but all I get is the automated girl going through her spiel and then she cuts me off because 'unfortunately there are no available advisors'. Can anyone help me out with another number that actually puts you through to a human being as I'm getting really quite peeshed off. Tried to manage my account online but lo and behold it went down for maintenance on 9th Jan and is yet to be instated *rolls eyes and grumbles some more*

Thanks in advance for any help!

Hmmmm, that was meant to say 'reinstated', sorry