Offerton News

A Suburb in Stockport

0 Area has not been reviewed yet

1,140 primary places short - shocker - not!

This thread was submitted to Hazel Grove

Adora
Good Citizen

Adora
1,140 primary places short - shocker - not!
27th September 2012 at 7:56PM

Link to the story in Express

Jeez, I could weep. This was all pointed out to the Council when they were busy closing primary schools a few years back. It's not like the blardy birth rate is kept secret, is it!? The Council are saying less kids are going in to private education and more people with children are moving in to the affected areas (including Hazel Grove) - bollaux. I'm so not buying that. Yes, those factors might have contributed but not by the massive number of places now required.

0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
glenandem
Citizen

glenandem
Re: 1,140 primary places short - shocker - not!
27th September 2012 at 9:20PM
Doesn't suprise me, my kids school classes are brimming with kids!
We actually got told by one teacher that they're struggling to cope with some children playing up because they're a lot further ahead than others with development so they're bored and start to play up and then there's the kids who are slightly behind and need the help and she hasn't quite got the time to give them full attention as she's trying to keep the others working, then you add loads of kids into the class it's not a good thing, the gov think that having helpers in the class help!
Suppose they're may be a few more schools shutting if the council have to find 4.5 mil!
BlueGrover
Good Citizen

BlueGrover
28th September 2012 at 6:34PM
They closed some good community schools not so long ago, Dial Park,Bruntwood,Springwood etc. Shoddy planning SMBC.
vulcanman
Townsperson

vulcanman
29th September 2012 at 9:43AM
The SMBC officials for education places and planning are simply a load of jokers who have been promoted way beyond their capabilities. Just four or five years ago they were determined to close and demolish the infant building at Hazel Grove Primary School (Chapel Street). Thankfully the whole school community of teachers, parents, pupils got together and resisted. Two years ago the same officials asked that the school be extended to 1.5 form entry. However the buffoons still couldn’t add up and now the school has the prospect of 2 form entry. There are not enough classrooms now, and ‘demountables’ (the new word for mobiles) are likely to be back.

I’m sure I shouldn’t name the chief clown here, but his surname is the item that makes a ‘ding dong’ sound with his first name being associated with Boxing Day. A perfect candidate to be ‘moved on’ … something that would I suspect save the council significant well needed money and I would suggest that our councillors ask some questions of the appropriate people.
BlueGrover
Good Citizen

BlueGrover
29th September 2012 at 10:58AM
vulcanman Wrote:

The SMBC officials for education places and planning are simply a load of jokers who have been promoted way beyond their capabilities. Just four or five years ago they were determined to close and demolish the infant building at Hazel Grove Primary School (Chapel Street). Thankfully the whole school community of teachers, parents, pupils got together and resisted. Two years ago the same officials asked that the school be extended to 1.5 form entry. However the buffoons still couldn’t add up and now the school has the prospect of 2 form entry. There are not enough classrooms now, and ‘demountables’ (the new word for mobiles) are likely to be back.

I’m sure I shouldn’t name the chief clown here, but his surname is the item that makes a ‘ding dong’ sound with his first name being associated with Boxing Day. A perfect candidate to be ‘moved on’ … something that would I suspect save the council significant well needed money and I would suggest that our councillors ask some questions of the appropriate people.
Not just the one clown, my work takes me into close contact with schools. Believe me when I say decisions are being taken that would make you weep.
Adora
Good Citizen

Adora
1st October 2012 at 3:28PM, Edit: 1st October 2012 at 3:31PM by Adora
I believe you Blue.

I'm becoming more and more incredulous at some of the lunacy involved where decision making and schools is concerned. Mostly, some of the financial decisions are eye wateringly appalling and badly thought out. Contracts are being approved with bottom line prices which would be laughed out of the place in the business sector.

Vulcan - "demountables"...used to be called mobiles but oddly, once they'd been dumped in a school, they never, ever moved again and were/are there for years and years...in my day (when the earth cooled) they were called "pre-fabs"! Fab, they were not!