Marple News

A Village in Stockport

0 Area has not been reviewed yet

Tesco - Hibbert Lane, Marple.

This thread was submitted to Hazel Grove

<< 1 2 3 4 >>

This post has been removed by a Forum Moderator because it broke the house rules.

Guest (guest)
Drifter
Re: Tesco - Hibbert Lane, Marple.
26th September 2011 at 12:29PM

Which of my points Climate were you actually agreeing with, not really sure?

Like you said Climate these planners must have done their footwork first, however as for what the people want and what they get, well I have to disagree with you there, just take a look at the objections being raised against the new Tesco store in Marple being opening, have the planners done their footwork there, probably yes, as far as numbers goes, but as for what the people want, most definitely not, however no doubt the store will still get the go ahead eventually, under the heading of regeneration....So you have to ask yourself whoís voice is actually been heard........

Also I fail to agree with you Climate that these stores are not there to improve the area. I feel that Sainsburyís in HG did an excellent job by planting just a few trees and bushes in order to soften the outskirts of their store. I also think that if a bit more thought had gone into the initial planning of the ASDA store the same outcome could have been achieved.

As for Kevinís role, yes I have to agree with you he does work hard, Iím sure, but he has often been commended on his good deeds on this forum, however correct me if I am wrong but isnít it Kevinís official role to look for ways to improve and regenerate the area of HG.

And last but not least I think you will find Climate no one on this forum has ever complained by objected to ASDA being taken over by the Co-op, the JUSTIFIED complaints have been about the time it has taken to complete the work and the disruption it has caused which is still going on to date...2
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
Drifter
2nd October 2011 at 9:16PM
I'd love a tesco in Marple, sounds good to me!!
mirrlees
Drifter
15th October 2011 at 11:29AM
The marple guys have posted a song+vid clip on YouTube, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rez28ZS89dY - very evocative !
slim
Townsperson

slim
19th October 2011 at 6:17PM
I see in the Stockport express that asda are the favoured chain for the hibbert lane site from the way they performed in the grove marple could be in for a lot of disruption.
Drifter
28th October 2011 at 9:24PM
We already have an Asda in Hazel Grove! Tesco's would be great... but another Asda, sadly not.
Climate
Drifter
28th October 2011 at 11:09PM
ROFL.

Marple is suffering from 'Hazel Grove syndrome'. People thinking the place that they live is better than what it actually is.

They can cry about traffic all they like but in principle it actually reduces a consumers miles to get their shopping, whoever gets the site.

It's snobbery, pure and simple. Sainsburys and Asda got planning permission near to a largely 'council' area, the proposed site in Marple also has a massive audience of dole spongers with their council estate too.

I find it a bit strange that the more modern site will be nuked, albeit the one with a larger footprint to area; therefore higher running costs in principle.

Marple residents need to get over themselves just as Hazel Grove residents need to. If you want to live in an environment where you get NO developments then buy a place in a conservation area and STFU!
anon
Drifter
3rd November 2011 at 11:49AM
we are not snobs-whoever said objecting to something made you a snob? Does that mean all those who are saying yes live in council houses and don't work and therefore don't care what happens to the area in which they live? If so I guess they can always put in a request to the council to move, for free, if they don't like Marple in years to come....just saying.
chod
Drifter
3rd November 2011 at 9:31PM
DoWindlehurst rd and upper hibbert lane will be a nightmare especially near the mill where people love to park where the roads at its narrowist
Climate
Drifter
3rd November 2011 at 11:20PM
Guest Wrote:

we are not snobs-whoever said objecting to something made you a snob? Does that mean all those who are saying yes live in council houses and don't work and therefore don't care what happens to the area in which they live? If so I guess they can always put in a request to the council to move, for free, if they don't like Marple in years to come....just saying.

I didn't say objecting makes you a snob.

The fact of the matter is that those crying about it are probably those who already live near the college.

My point stands. If you want to live somewhere that will not evolve then buy a house in an area that is 'protected' from development. If you cannot afford that or just want to live in the past then moan away.

I do think that Supermarkets are reaching a point of saturation. However I can see the point for one in Marple. Other than the crap Co-op, is the closest 'Supermarket' not Tesco off the Chapel bypass?

Warren Buffett (the greatest investor ever) has a HUGE holding in Tesco (somewhere between 3 or 4%). If he is in then that speaks volumes.
<< 1 2 3 4 >>

Part of..