0 Area has not been reviewed yet

Tesco - Hibbert Lane, Marple.

This thread was submitted to Hazel Grove

<< 1 2 3 4 >>

Resident
Drifter
Re: Tesco - Hibbert Lane, Marple.
27th August 2011 at 11:59AM
Personally I would welcome a Tesco Store in Marple !
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
Drifter
27th August 2011 at 5:17PM
the grove has an asda you can have.
Adam
Drifter
5th September 2011 at 4:34PM
Guest Wrote:

the grove has an asda you can have.

does it come with one lane closed @night??
Anon
Drifter
5th September 2011 at 6:04PM
Guest Wrote:

Ah there's a lot of false info going around about this one. Its amazing how many people are jumping on the 'Say No To Tesco' bandwagon,despite no deals being done or planning permission granted.
The college site at Marple has not been sold to anyone. Its for sale and the college say they are considering all offers.
If (and that is still an if) it was sold to a supermarket, I bet the vast majority of those complaining about it will end up shopping there at least once, quite probably regularly.
I suppose if it was to be sold off as a housing development, maybe social housing, people would complain about that too?
Wish all those who protest would check there facts in situations like this.
Just saying....

The college may be saying they are considering all offers publically, but I have been in a meeting with Christina Cassidy, Principal at the college, and she told us outright that there are currently 2 offers being considered and they are both supermarkets. The site will be sold (i.e contracts signed and exchanged) SUBJECT TO PLANNING PERMISSION. FACT! So, the supermarkets are expecting to obtain planning permission after appeal as they always do.

So, don't go on about people checking their facts when some of us clearly know more than others would like to believe. And social housing would be a far more acceptable use of the land.
Hypocrisy
Drifter
5th September 2011 at 7:36PM
There may be people shopping out of Marple at Aldi (or any other supermarket), and at the same time they might not want a large supermarket in the middle of a residential area. It's not impossible.

There are things that can't be bought in local shops and sometimes a large shop can be more convenient, (hence the existence of supermarkets in the first place), but that doesn't mean that there should be one everywhere.

Note to other comments:

There are some supermarkets in and around Hazel Grove as well, but if the sole point of your argument is to be bitter and say "we had to have one so it's unfair if they (the people of Marple) don't", then please, keep your opinions to yourself.
YES ADMIN ANNON
Drifter
5th September 2011 at 9:45PM
there is a YES campaign for a supermarket in marple anywhere ,hibbert la or other we are all for it.there are some snobs who are on the no trial but i think they are barking up the wrong tree we NEED one and NOW
Anony
Drifter
5th September 2011 at 9:46PM
Guest Wrote:

So, don't go on about people checking their facts when some of us clearly know more than others would like to believe. And social housing would be a far more acceptable use of the land.

You telling me you will never, ever, ever shop in any supermarket that may open there? You, or any of the other 'protestors'? I just think there is often a touch or hypocrisy when it comes to supermarkets.
If the feeling is as strong in Marple as it appears to be, your supermarket should be empty all day every day.   Actually, come to think of it, that sounds like a great place to shop!!!

Drifter
6th September 2011 at 11:47PM
Can we get our ASDA closed down once Marple have been cursed with one ?
Netty
Drifter
7th September 2011 at 8:53AM
Why are you all bothered by marple news, isn't this forum meant to be for grovers and Hazel Grove news...

ps ..did anyone go to the fair in PORTWOOD next to the TESCO at the weekend..........
PVish
Drifter
7th September 2011 at 10:35AM
This development may have an impact on Hazel Grove and anyway, Marple is our neighbour and what happens there is of interest to many of us. I think it's good that it's being discussed here.
<< 1 2 3 4 >>

Part of..