Marple News

A Village in Stockport

0 Area has not been reviewed yet

Asda in Grove seeking support for Marple store!

This thread was submitted to Hazel Grove

<< 1 2 >>

Serenity
Citizen

Serenity
Re: Asda in Grove seeking support for Marple store
18th January 2013 at 3:50PM
vulcanman Wrote:

After a less than sparkling Ofsted at Cheadle & Marple Sixth form college (it's funny how this is not on the college website by now) where for example leadership and management is at the lowest score possible ... 4 ... I wonder if the college will be forced to pull out of this venture with Asda. After all, student numbers and therefore money are likely to be far more challenging.

I'm not sure what the Ofsted score has to do with a new ASDA being built in Marple.

Plus I thought that there were a couple of locations in Marple being considered, not just the college site.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
vulcanman
Townsperson

vulcanman
18th January 2013 at 4:06PM
Happy to be corrected here, but since Asda and the college are doing joint presentations on the subject I suspect there is now one site, and one site only, and therefore success or otherwise at the college is a very key issue.
Serenity
Citizen

Serenity
18th January 2013 at 5:24PM
I don't think they'll be shuting the college down anytime soon and if they do then surely ASDA will step in anyway and still continue to build the new store. So whats really changed.

Any future parnership between the college and ASDA would bring a brighter future for the college and Marple. Which is why it should surely still go ahead.
19th January 2013 at 2:26PM
@ Norma_Stitts. How arrogant you are!!! Your friend in Strines obviously is one of those "I'm all right Jack", as long as it does not bring the price of his house down but I wonder if he will be so happy when he finds he has to sit in traffic Jams for hours coming in and out of Marple, which is already busy without the added traffic going to and from Asda?? Which will have a knock on effect so house prices will be effected in Marple and STRINES!! The site of the proposed Asda is on Hibbert Lane and is far too narrow to accommodate the kind of traffic we would get.
glenandem
Citizen

glenandem
19th January 2013 at 5:52PM
Hi marple resident, can I ask where abouts you actually go shopping?
Do you go to sainsburys atall and which one out of interest as I know they're isn't much choice in marple and from what I've been told by many residents that all that's there is mainly the co op and its overpriced compared to many other stores so do you think it's ok that many people from areas like yours waste journeys travelling into other towns causing congestion on the roads etc so your property value doesn't go down, have you thought about how much easier it could be too for the local residents who don't have a car and have to get the bus etc to a decent supermarket like sainsburys or asda or even tesco?
Trust me one of these will be in your town soon whether you like it or not, as that's the way it goes in this country I'm afraid, every other town has supermarkets why should marple be different especially with the big council estate there, money to be made I'm afraid!
1 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
Norma_Stitts
Supervised

Norma_Stitts
19th January 2013 at 9:01PM
Marpleresident Wrote:

@ Norma_Stitts. How arrogant you are!!! Your friend in Strines obviously is one of those "I'm all right Jack", as long as it does not bring the price of his house down but I wonder if he will be so happy when he finds he has to sit in traffic Jams for hours coming in and out of Marple, which is already busy without the added traffic going to and from Asda?? Which will have a knock on effect so house prices will be effected in Marple and STRINES!! The site of the proposed Asda is on Hibbert Lane and is far too narrow to accommodate the kind of traffic we would get.

Pure paranoia. The only dynamic that will change is that Marple residents will have shorter to travel to get their own shopping. Hibbert Lane is not too narrow, it's a bus route and it has a stonking great big college campus on it, it's also easily accessed by HGV's for the mill and supports thousands of cars a day. Nice try.

If you don't like it then sell up and move.
<< 1 2 >>

Part of..