<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >>

BlueGrover
Good Citizen

BlueGrover
Re: Touching distance
8th May 2012 at 7:43PM
Coleman Wrote:

sundave Wrote:

Tosh Tosh and more Tosh, SAF soon found wages for Wooney when he had his dicky fit and while we're on the subject of money and foreign owners, last i heard The Good Ole USA isn't British anymore. To top it off, when United floated on the Stock Exchange in the early nineties most of the "investors" were foreign and the club got a massive injection of cash which they duly spent on players.

All footie fans are fickle, including us and we all winge and moan about other clubs fortunes, but don't deny that you haven't bought your way to the top at some point because you have.

Rooney, pretty much held us to ransom, and got away with it too, don't really blame him, but he is our highest paid play by a long shot and i'd bet still paid less then some of the lesser players city have, the majority of which only signed with city for the wage packet!

As for our foreign owners, it may have escaped your attention but the majority of United fans don't like the Glazers and would gladly see the back of them, add to that the fact our owners are actually taking money out of the club and it's not a relevant comparison.

And making money from floating on the stock exchange is nothing like getting money pumped in! Any stock exchange flotation is going to generate cash based on the clubs successes and is basically just releasing capital from the company! IF the club isn't/hasn't been successful then a stock sell off won't generate much cash.

It's like i said though, i don't know any city fans who didn't have a problem with Chelsea doing the same thing they now are! Now it's them doing it..... Hypocrites i think the word is!

Also got to say on the subject of glory hunting, i have noticed a large increase in City shirts being worn around Stockport and more and more people professing to being City fans! Now that either means that previously people didn't want to admit to supporting them or they have mysteriously gained a large number of new fans since they won the arab owner lottery! Neither of which shows this loyalty most City fans claim is common to them!

One final thing, has any one considered how we will get rid of that Gallagher idiot again, if he does indeed move back to Manchester if city win?

I hope someone has a plan for that!
1 January 1992 Man United 1 Queens Park Rangers 4 Att 38,554. Where were you when you were ....?
Don't play the loyalty card please.
When we were in the old 2nd division we regularly sold out, granted it was only 33,000, but you can only put bums on the seats available.

0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
Jeff
Drifter
8th May 2012 at 9:20PM
Wow can't believe the comments I'm reading on here,isn't this supposed to be a forum for people from hazel grove in Stockport not Manchester!!
Everyone knows that Stockport has generally a large amount of city fans, I think if was even reported in men news the other day so I'm not sure how they can have a go at united fans not being from Manchester, which Is very true and they'll have to get used to it if they're going to be a big club as thats what happens, u get glory followers who arent even from Manchester, me personally am born and bred in Manchester nr stretford and it used to frustrate me other fans going on about united fans not being from the area etc but look at the bigger picture and realise that man utd are one of the biggest clubs in the world it's a fact, just look at the attendance every week nearly 80 thousand it's nearly double citys and that's if they sell out.
When people say united bought the leagues etc I don't totally agree but I agree that we spent big money here and there but feel we deserve it because we sell more merchandise and more bums on seats than any other premier league club and that's a fact, I can see what the Arabs doing but I just can't see it working long term as city just don't have the fan base but who knows if they start winning everything which is possible with the money and players they are now luring than maybe they could start making real money and not repumped in by the owner buying the naming rights and selling thrm to himself again!!!
As regards the qpr game from 1992, wasn't the capacity attendance somewhere near there anyway as the north stand wasn't quite built then and I think some of the ground was actually closed while they made it seating but not sure for that game?
Maybe Somone could check this out?
Robot69
Citizen

Robot69
8th May 2012 at 9:34PM
BlueGrover Wrote:

Coleman Wrote:

sundave Wrote:

Tosh Tosh and more Tosh, SAF soon found wages for Wooney when he had his dicky fit and while we're on the subject of money and foreign owners, last i heard The Good Ole USA isn't British anymore. To top it off, when United floated on the Stock Exchange in the early nineties most of the "investors" were foreign and the club got a massive injection of cash which they duly spent on players.

All footie fans are fickle, including us and we all winge and moan about other clubs fortunes, but don't deny that you haven't bought your way to the top at some point because you have.

Rooney, pretty much held us to ransom, and got away with it too, don't really blame him, but he is our highest paid play by a long shot and i'd bet still paid less then some of the lesser players city have, the majority of which only signed with city for the wage packet!

As for our foreign owners, it may have escaped your attention but the majority of United fans don't like the Glazers and would gladly see the back of them, add to that the fact our owners are actually taking money out of the club and it's not a relevant comparison.

And making money from floating on the stock exchange is nothing like getting money pumped in! Any stock exchange flotation is going to generate cash based on the clubs successes and is basically just releasing capital from the company! IF the club isn't/hasn't been successful then a stock sell off won't generate much cash.

It's like i said though, i don't know any city fans who didn't have a problem with Chelsea doing the same thing they now are! Now it's them doing it..... Hypocrites i think the word is!

Also got to say on the subject of glory hunting, i have noticed a large increase in City shirts being worn around Stockport and more and more people professing to being City fans! Now that either means that previously people didn't want to admit to supporting them or they have mysteriously gained a large number of new fans since they won the arab owner lottery! Neither of which shows this loyalty most City fans claim is common to them!

One final thing, has any one considered how we will get rid of that Gallagher idiot again, if he does indeed move back to Manchester if city win?

1 January 1992 Man United 1 Queens Park Rangers 4 Att 38,554. Where were you when you were ....?
When we were in the old 2nd division we regularly sold out, granted it was only 33,000, but you can only put bums on the seats available.

I was actually at that game, it was a shocker and my head wasn't that great either.

Oh, BTW, typical Blue who doesn't look at the detail....OT was at or around capacity then!

It was around this time that OT went for a refurb to make it the biggest league ground in the country!

I suggest you get your facts right first
Drifter
9th May 2012 at 8:37AM
Robot69 Wrote:

BlueGrover Wrote:

Coleman Wrote:

sundave Wrote:

I was actually at that game, it was a shocker and my head wasn't that great either.

Oh, BTW, typical Blue who doesn't look at the detail....OT was at or around capacity then!

It was around this time that OT went for a refurb to make it the biggest league ground in the country!

I suggest you get your facts right first
Highest attendance that season 47,500 - not 38,00 is it?
Robot69
Citizen

Robot69
9th May 2012 at 10:01AM
Capacity changed almost game by game during the early 90's for the redevelopment of the ground. I think it was also the time when the standing areas of the ground were not permitted - in those days around the perimeter of the pitch and the whole of the Stretford End.
TallPaul
Townsperson

TallPaul
9th May 2012 at 11:30AM

As a Red I don't like this map too much but definitely interesting. There is a more in detail map available on the MEN website here

All credit for image to MENmedia.co.uk
Robot69
Citizen

Robot69
9th May 2012 at 11:51AM
Now you have opened up the easy jibe about southern supporters of MUFC. City fans are only jeaslous that we have fans outside the Manchester area and in fact we have the biggest fan base in the world.

Don't even know where this post is going, it was about the fact Man City are close to buying the premiership.
BlueGrover
Good Citizen

BlueGrover
9th May 2012 at 12:02PM
Robot69 Wrote:

Now you have opened up the easy jibe about southern supporters of MUFC. City fans are only jeaslous that we have fans outside the Manchester area and in fact we have the biggest fan base in the world.

Don't even know where this post is going, it was about the fact Man City are close to buying the premiership.
Remember how you felt when Utd won the title in 1993 after a 26 year gap? Well thats the feeling I hope to have on Sunday.
Robot69
Citizen

Robot69
9th May 2012 at 12:22PM
BlueGrover Wrote:

Robot69 Wrote:

Remember how you felt when Utd won the title in 1993 after a 26 year gap? Well thats the feeling I hope to have on Sunday.

I'm more concerned of the no trophy feeling and surrendering the Premiership to our noisy neighbors - thats a sickening feeling and a feeling that I won't want to experience ever again in my lifetime!
1 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
Limecat
Banned
9th May 2012 at 12:46PM
BlueGrover Wrote:

Robot69 Wrote:

I'm sure you will manage to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. It will be a great day to see City fans crying after counting their chickens.

Then hopefully the Arab will get bored and pull the string so you can get back into the third tier of English football where you belong, chanting about crap players like Goater.
<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >>