Hazel Grove Bypass Is Finally ON!

This thread was submitted to SEMMMS / Hazel Grove & Poynton Bypass / A555 MAELR

<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 21 22 23 >>

Guest Poster
Drifter
Re: Hazel Grove Bypass Is Finally ON!
28th March 2012 at 7:56AM
cllrkevinhogg Wrote:

You are all missing the points I made about traffic coming from both Cheshire and Derbyshire trying to access the M60 Westbound. According to surveys that is around 30% of the total traffic during peak periods. It is intended that this traffic will divert past Hazel Grove and go via the new Road to the M56 and the M60 or M6. Thus by-passing Hazel Grove. I.E. Hazel Grove By-Pass

Cllr, either you innocently live in a different world (in which case this world should go easy on you...), or you are effectively telling all these people (whom take exception to being fed misleading drivel) they can't read and/or are of limited intelligence. The words hole, big, deep, bigger, deeper, stop and digging spring to mind.

Come on Cllr, cards on the table - the keeping in touch flyer was wrong wasn't it?
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
cllrkevinhogg
Hazel Grove Councillor

cllrkevinhogg
28th March 2012 at 5:41PM
Don`t know what point you are trying to make this road is the by pass half of the relief road and was called the Hazel Grove By Pass 80 years ago it was still the bypass in 1990 (red route, blue route)it was still the bypass last year, it is still a bypass now.
Robot69
Citizen

Robot69
28th March 2012 at 6:18PM
Its called the A6 to Manchester Airport relief road. Its nothing to do with the original Hazel Grove bybass.

The 'real' bypass was to take vehicles off the A6 through the centre of HG. The airport road only takes traffic off the A6 for a very short section of the A6 - around 1/4 mile. Then apart from another section of Macclesfield Road your could argue that the rest of the traffic being diverted is. on the border of HG and Poynton.

So its not the Hazel Grove Bypass its the A6 to Manchester Airport relief road. Lets stop confusing the two independant schemes.

William_Wragg
Hazel Grove MP

William_Wragg
28th March 2012 at 9:22PM
I think it's fair to say there's a 50/50 for the by-pass being constructed at the moment.

That's not reason for political point scoring, but rather for a concerted effort by everyone who wants to see it built.

A senior council officer, who's worked on the project for years- details rather than headlines- told a resident and myself that it was 'the closest it's ever been'.

Clearly there are some people whose properties will be directly affected by the building of the road. That's why they need to be kept accurately up to date and be properly consulted about ways of reducing the impact, and giving details of the compensation procedure. I was able to ensure that this would happen at the council meeting in January.

Again, if any residents whose property backs on to the proposed route would like any further information please email me: w.wragg@hotmail.co.uk
Robot69
Citizen

Robot69
28th March 2012 at 9:28PM
Sure you are a councillor ? You don't sound like one!
Glen
Drifter
28th March 2012 at 11:26PM
Hi William, nice to hear from you again.
I can vouch for this cllr helping people regarding the bypass or whatever were calling it now!
I've found out quite abit more info due to him arranging me a meeting with the senior planning officer, however I'm slightly confused now as for days the papers and press have said this rd has got the go ahead and funding but you've just stated its 50/50, is it not a done deal yet?
Guest Poster
Drifter
29th March 2012 at 6:49AM
[QUOTE=cllrkevinhogg]Don`t know what point you are trying to make QUOTE]

The point is clear, I suggest you have tried to knowingly mislead through your keeping in touch flyer by trying to take credit for a bypass which has no approval and is not being built. That Cllr Hogg is plain wrong.
Guest Poster
Drifter
29th March 2012 at 6:59AM
Its probably worth repeating the content of the Lib Dem keeping in touch article for your benefit Cllr. Perhaps you can tell us which part is true?

"The next step is underway on the Hazel Grove Bypass - with consultations being sent out to those affected.

It's a massive win for Lib Dem Local Champion Kevin Hogg who, along with Hazel Grove Lib Dem MP Andrew Stunell, campaigned on this issue for many years.
Denise from Hazel Grove said "I'm really glad the Local Lib Dem campaign to get a Bypass has finally worked! It will make such a difference to the local area, and a lot of the credit has to go to Kevin"

Local Champion Kevin Hogg Said "It's brilliant news, this is a real victory for the Grove"

"Everyone I speak to is fed up with the traffic and the effect it has on their lives. This will really make a difference to the quality of life in Hazel Grove and will cut congestion and pollution".
Drifter
29th March 2012 at 9:02AM
William_Wragg Wrote:

I think it's fair to say there's a 50/50 for the by-pass being constructed at the moment.

That's not reason for political point scoring, but rather for a concerted effort by everyone who wants to see it built.

A senior council officer, who's worked on the project for years- details rather than headlines- told a resident and myself that it was 'the closest it's ever been'.

Clearly there are some people whose properties will be directly affected by the building of the road. That's why they need to be kept accurately up to date and be properly consulted about ways of reducing the impact, and giving details of the compensation procedure. I was able to ensure that this would happen at the council meeting in January.

Again, if any residents whose property backs on to the proposed route would like any further information please email me: w.wragg@hotmail.co.uk
Hi William

Itís nice to see a local councillor showing a bit of concern for the residents who will be directly affected.

I assume this question has already been asked and it has something to do with boundaries but I will ask it anyway.

As the garden centre will be adversely affected by the location of the road, would it not be an option to relocate it, purchase the couple of houses opposite and realign the road further away from existing devlopments by crossing the brook earlier. Would the costs incurred not be offset by reducing the amount of compensation paid? This would also preserve the amenity and value of existing properties along the road boundary and lessen the impact on the residentís quality of life.
cllrkevinhogg
Hazel Grove Councillor

cllrkevinhogg
29th March 2012 at 11:17AM
guest poster which part isn`t true
residents whose land is affected have been consulted I myself got a consultation pack to one resident who had been missed
What this road is called is immatewrial it by passes Hazel Grove and is intended to take 30% of the current traffic round and out of H.G. ie the Preston bypass is the M6
It is brilliant news for the Grove
I have along with Andrew Stunell campaigned for years
Denise did tell me that quote
Everyone I speak to is fed up with the traffic

So what is wrong with my flyer, no don`t answer that it may not get past the mods
<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 21 22 23 >>