0 Area has not been reviewed yet

Hazel Grove Bypass Is Finally ON!

This thread was submitted to SEMMMS / Hazel Grove & Poynton Bypass / A555 MAELR

<< 1 2 3 4 5 ... 21 22 23 >>

Drifter
Re: Hazel Grove Bypass Is Finally ON!
21st March 2012 at 12:30PM
Makes you wonder if Andrew Stunel knows about or is in agreement to this kind of stuff being published.

0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
cllrkevinhogg
Hazel Grove Councillor

cllrkevinhogg
21st March 2012 at 2:40PM
I startaed campaigning for a by pass 23 years ago when the tories ran the council and the Government.

I visited parliament to speak to ministers along with Andrew Stunnel to lobby for this road which then was under review. remember the red versus blue route.

I have campaigned all the time since then through various reviews and postponements by both Tory and Labour Governments.

Getting this road was one of the reasons we went into co-alition and now we have it. It will relieve traffic and consequent polution on the A6 I think the figures were around 30% I am just dissapointed it will not all be built. I will continue to press for the rest every time I meet someone including our MP Mr Stunell.

I see the tory supporters are coming out in droves now there must be an election coming up.

OliverJohnstone
Hazel Grove Councillor

OliverJohnstone
21st March 2012 at 2:49PM
The money was there in 1997 but was cancelled by the Labour government.

The local Conservatives have always been on the side of the bypass but it has nothing to do with Lib Dem lobbying that this is back on.

It is down to the package of public works programmes announced by the Chancellor last year.
Guest xx
Drifter
21st March 2012 at 3:08PM
cllrkevinhogg Wrote:

I startaed campaigning for a by pass 23 years ago when the tories ran the council and the Government.

I visited parliament to speak to ministers along with Andrew Stunnel to lobby for this road which then was under review. remember the red versus blue route.

I have campaigned all the time since then through various reviews and postponements by both Tory and Labour Governments.

Getting this road was one of the reasons we went into co-alition and now we have it. It will relieve traffic and consequent polution on the A6 I think the figures were around 30% I am just dissapointed it will not all be built. I will continue to press for the rest every time I meet someone including our MP Mr Stunell.

I see the tory supporters are coming out in droves now there must be an election coming up.

Hello Kevin, I'm not really in favour of any one party at the moment nor am I a Tory supporter, and no one faults your endurance, I just want to know exactly how this bypass will benefit the Grove from a residents point of view.

Please can you explain exactly how this bypass will reduce traffic and pollution by nearly 30%. Surely there's bound to be an increase in traffic passing through the Grove trying to get to the bypass links, thus increasing not decreasing the traffic/pollution to the Grove?

All I can see in the future as a result of this partial bypass is better links to the airport for commuters and nothing more than that.

Perhaps I am totally wrong Kevin which is why I keep asking the question.....How will this bypass reduce pollution and traffic by at least 30% for the Grove.

Coleman
Good Citizen

Coleman
21st March 2012 at 3:54PM
I agree!

If Hazel Grove were halfway along the route (as it would be if the entire project were to happen) then it would certainly reduce traffic. But when HG is the start point of the road, there will be people travelling here to get on it! That will increase traffic will it not?
Glen
Drifter
21st March 2012 at 4:44PM
Im thinking exactly the same as you guys and a lot of other people local to this end of Stockport, people are concerned with the extra traffic it will bring and that traffic can't follow on as the other section isn't being built,I think high lane will be chockablocked especially at night up to windlehurst then at the other end it will be mad around bulls head and going to marple way!
It will be busy at the end of the bypass with supposed traffic lights going in as well, why not a roundabout like most other bypasses, is it to cause more traffic and then we will get the follow on piece to bredbury?
Maybe labour struck it off because they thought it wasn't worth it not doing the full bypass and the full bypass cost too much which we all know?
Drifter
21st March 2012 at 5:28PM
When the A555 at Handforth/Woodford was opened years ago, Chester Road from Poyton to Woodford when bananas with traffic. Previously it was a quiet road.

Then the A555 opened towards the A34. My daily work trip in the morning went from 25 mins to over an hour with traffic at a very slow crawl all the way from Poynton Church to Woodford. Had to give up in the end and find another way to work.

The same will happen for Hazel Grove A6, Buxton Road, Macclesfield Road. I will, for one, go that way as it is more convenient for where I work to drive through Hazel Grove to get on the new road at Simpson's than weave through roads in Bramhall Moor, Cheadle.

It will be like a magnet.

Could always hope it becomes a toll road as its new build lol.
Drifter
21st March 2012 at 5:38PM
cllrkevinhogg Wrote:

23 years and all that, yes that’s all very well and good Cllr and you and all others involved have my sincere backing for efforts in getting a Hazel Grove Bypass in place, and, I half expected you to chuck the Tory supporter comment in to try and deflect my NON POLITICAL (but resident of over 26 years) opinion away.

However, may I refer you back to the opening post asking you to clarify which Hazel Grove Bypass the Lib Dems and/or you are claiming victory for securing?

As far as I know, there is not Hazel Grove Bypass as your Keeping In Touch advert suggests. So, I think one of the following explanations might be relevant.

A – There IS going to be a Hazel Grove Bypass, and the Lib Dems / Cllr Hogg announced this fact yesterday by posting their advertisement through my letterbox.

B – There is NO agreement for a Hazel Grove ByPass. The Lib Dems advertisement was intentionally misleading, in a cynical attempt to conjure Hazel Grove support for the Hazel Grove Lib Dems who are up for election in a couple of months.

C - Other

I really cannot wait for your reply Cllr, but in the meantime I have re-produced here something I found on line which might help. Explanation of a Bypass “is a road or section of road that passes around an obstructed or congested area”.

Looking forward to your reply.
1 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
OliverJohnstone
Hazel Grove Councillor

OliverJohnstone
21st March 2012 at 6:46PM
The comments expressed are right but we need to keep campaigning and pushing for the rest of it. It is progress but not finished.....
BlueGrover
Good Citizen

BlueGrover
21st March 2012 at 6:54PM
Coleman Wrote:

I agree!

If Hazel Grove were halfway along the route (as it would be if the entire project were to happen) then it would certainly reduce traffic. But when HG is the start point of the road, there will be people travelling here to get on it! That will increase traffic will it not?
Seems common sense to me Coleman, but we don't make the decisions do we.
<< 1 2 3 4 5 ... 21 22 23 >>