0 Area has not been reviewed yet

Hazel Grove Bypass Is Finally ON!

This thread was submitted to SEMMMS / Hazel Grove & Poynton Bypass / A555 MAELR

<< 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 >>
 
Coleman
Good Citizen

Coleman
Re: Hazel Grove Bypass Is Finally ON!
25th January 2013 at 2:15PM, Edit: 25th January 2013 at 2:17PM by Coleman
A stationary vehicle produces more pollution than one in motion, engines are moor efficient under load than at idle! So if the traffic is not stationary for as long it produces less pollution!

As i said it assumes that there is only a negligible increase in traffic volume and that this new road improves traffic flow!

Whether it will or not is a big unknown, because all the studies and surveys in the world cant predict the future with certainty, the best they can do is make an educated guess. But if the planners require assurances (which they may or may not) that pollution issues have been addressed then that simple fact may or may not be enough to satisfy them!

Point is, you don't know whether it will get planning approval or not, which is why you are campaigning against it. Comments like "it'll never happen" etc. are merely a weak attempt at showing confidence you will win your battle!

If history is anything to go off, then provided funding doesn't get pulled then this road in some form WILL be built! As will many many more roads, the population and number of cars in this country is growing so new roads will have to be built whether you like it or not.

And to answer your question of 'do i care?' well wildlife will adapt, trees are merely trees (we can plant more you know!), foxes and birds will find new homes. As for squirrels, well the grey variety we are left with are an intruding non-native species and only half a step up from rats.

So for me there isn't much that needs to be cared about!
1 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
noroadm
Banned
Re: Hazel Grove Bypass Is Finally ON!
25th January 2013 at 3:01PM
Coleman Wrote:

A stationary vehicle produces more pollution than one in motion, engines are moor efficient under load than at idle! So if the traffic is not stationary for as long it produces less pollution!

Answer : Unless the car has auto cut off it is still producing emmisions


As i said it assumes that there is only a negligible increase in traffic volume and that this new road improves traffic flow!

Answer : We dont assume   


Whether it will or not is a big unknown, because all the studies and surveys in the world cant predict the future with certainty, the best they can do is make an educated guess. But if the planners require assurances (which they may or may not) that pollution issues have been addressed then that simple fact may or may not be enough to satisfy them!


Answer : you have the facts - see Ian Cooks links

Point is, you don't know whether it will get planning approval or not, which is why you are campaigning against it. Comments like "it'll never happen" etc. are merely a weak attempt at showing confidence you will win your battle!


Answer : We campaign against it because we dont beleive in it . Doing nothing shows no backbone and no courage     

If history is anything to go off, then provided funding doesn't get pulled then this road in some form WILL be built! As will many many more roads, the population and number of cars in this country is growing so new roads will have to be built whether you like it or not.

Answer : If history goes it won't be built . Its been off and on for 60 years .
   Where did you get your research from ?

And to answer your question of 'do i care?' well wildlife will adapt, trees are merely trees (we can plant more you know!), foxes and birds will find new homes. As for squirrels, well the grey variety we are left with are an intruding non-native species and only half a step up from rats.

So for me there isn't much that needs to be cared about!



Answer : You have no respect for God's creatures


0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
Coleman
Good Citizen

Coleman
Re: Hazel Grove Bypass Is Finally ON!
25th January 2013 at 3:20PM
noroadm Wrote:


Answer : You have no respect for God's creatures


Firstly i don't believe in fairy tales!

Second, i respect nature, but there is nothing in your list of affected nature that is not able to be moved or replaced! Birds for instance, will fly south for winter one year, and when they come back finding the tree they nested in last year gone, they will simply nest in another tree!

0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
noroadm
Banned
Re: Hazel Grove Bypass Is Finally ON!
25th January 2013 at 3:39PM, Edit: 25th January 2013 at 3:40PM by noroadm
[QUOTE=Coleman][QUOTE=noroadm]

--------------------

Answer

I do believe in God , I am a committed Christian


As a Chrstian   I care about the community around me and how these projects effect peoples lives , their health   and wellbeing

0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
Coleman
Good Citizen

Coleman
Re: Hazel Grove Bypass Is Finally ON!
25th January 2013 at 4:08PM
noroadm Wrote:


Answer

I do believe in God , I am a committed Christian


I think i'll take a pass commenting on that little 'surprise'!

noroadm Wrote:


As a Chrstian   I care about the community around me and how these projects effect peoples lives , their health   and wellbeing


I happen to be quite community spirited, which is why i can see the benefits to improved infrastructure and job creation. There are bound to be positives and negatives to all things of this type and magnitude, but if the benefits out weigh the cost then its a nett gain overall!

And so far, from all i have seen and read it looks to be more benefit than cost!
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
noroadm
Banned
Re: Hazel Grove Bypass Is Finally ON!
25th January 2013 at 4:10PM
Coleman Wrote:

Drifter Wrote:

So therefore please can someone explain to me in very simple laymans terms (as I'm now feeling quite boggled by all the information on this subject)how this so-called Hazel Grove bypass will realistically improve (by reducing the amount of traffic on the A6) the lives of the people living in the Grove.

All I can see as a result of said bypass is more traffic actually commuting though the Grove to join the aforementioned links. Am I wrong in this assumption?


That is exactly what i think! I can't see any way that this will reduce traffic in the grove only increase it!

IF it were the entire project then yes it would help massively, but this half-a-job will just make the A6 worse. And it's already the worlds longest car park at weekends!


--


Coleman

be consistent

here you seem to be against the bypass - just like me
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
iancook
Villager

iancook
Outside agencies now taking on SMBC.....
25th January 2013 at 4:15PM
Copy of a letter submitted to SEMMMS.

The Open Spaces Society is Britain's oldest national conservation body,
founded in 1865. We campaign for the protection of common land, town
and village greens, other open spaces and public paths, in town and
country. We wish to object to the South East Manchester Multi Modal
Strategy's proposed relief road from the A6 to Manchester airport.

We are concerned to note that, by its own admission, the scheme would
destroy open space, ie land used for public recreation, as well as many
public rights of way and public accesses. The ancient woodland of
Norbury Hollow is one such area of open space, of immense recreational
and ecological value, indeed it is irreplaceable.

We trust you are aware that since you propose to take open space (ie
land used for public recreation) for this scheme, you must provide
exchange land which is no less in area and equally advantageous to the
public (section 19 of the Acquisition of Land (Authorisation Procedure)
Act 1981). Can you confirm that such land is to be provided? If such
land is not provided the proposals must be subjected to Special
Parliamentary Procedure. Please confirm that you will provide suitable
exchange land for all the areas of open space which are affected by the
scheme or that you will submit the proposals for Special Parliamentary
Procedure.
>
> Yours sincerely
>
> Kate Ashbrook
> General Secretary
> The Open Spaces Society
> 25A Bell Street
> Henley on Thames RG9 2BA
> tel 01491 573535
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
iancook
Villager

iancook
Drifter is spot on!
25th January 2013 at 4:25PM

Congratulations Drifter for succinctly summarising how the road will affect the Grove.

Hope that you and your friends have submitted your questions and Stated NO to the road on the SEMMMS website.

It isnt to late as we now move into the second round of more public enquiries to discuss all the objections and how SMBC will overcome them.

The Air Pollution issue is actually a deal breaker and not something SMBC can ride roughshod over saying we are trying our best!!!

Roads in the UK have already been refused on these grounds, so its not a small problem the public hearing will overlook.

The Business brief challenge being prepared in London at the moment, will question all aspects of the road and where it goes against government and local policy and laws.

Interesting this week that SMBC have made almost all their enviomental policy team redundant, a good shout from the MEN about the guy who left an out of office message on his SMBC computer exposing the council for its non enviromental actions.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/email-revenge-of-stockport-council-worker-857747
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
Serenity
Citizen

Serenity
Re: Hazel Grove Bypass Is Finally ON!
26th January 2013 at 11:00AM, Edit: 26th January 2013 at 11:30AM by Serenity
Coleman Wrote:

A stationary vehicle produces more pollution than one in motion, engines are moor efficient under load than at idle! So if the traffic is not stationary for as long it produces less pollution!

As i said it assumes that there is only a negligible increase in traffic volume and that this new road improves traffic flow!

Whether it will or not is a big unknown, because all the studies and surveys in the world cant predict the future with certainty, the best they can do is make an educated guess. But if the planners require assurances (which they may or may not) that pollution issues have been addressed then that simple fact may or may not be enough to satisfy them!


If this road goes ahead the A6 will NO DOUBT have even more traffic passing though the Grove, creating even longer tail backs, which in turn can only lead to higher levels of pollution than we have now.

Cllr Andrew Stunnell said not so long ago about learning from past mistakes, referring to the poor planning and development of the ASDA project and pointing out the problems that have resulted since, such as the major traffic congestion issues.

Thanks Coleman for trying to assure us that the pollution levels from a moving vehicles are less than a stationery vehicle, however you can judge for yourself how high the levels of pollution are in the Grove from looking at the tailback of cars stretching from Sainsbury’s to the Rising Sun all sat waiting to get through the never ending sets of traffic lights whilst their car engines are left pumping out fumes.If that's not enough to convince you try walking along side the same road. You'll soon find out how polluted the air quality feels first hand..

Now if what you're saying is true and that these high levels of pollution are not taken into consideration when they plan this new road because they don't have a crystal ball to see into the future well surely for this road to be worth while building they must be able to predict that the traffic flow will increase through the Grove as commuters will need to drive through the Grove to get to it. Therefore an increase in pollution can only follow. Add to that the already high levels of pollution and what do you get.....even higher levels of pollution...But what are you saying Coleman that these high levels of pollution don't matter or that they are not a factor that should be taken into consideration by the planners. Well that's where I feel you are wrong..For the sake of the people living on or near the main road all these factors should be given some consideration..

So once again I ask the question.......How does building this new road benefit the Grove.....
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
newt21964
Villager

newt21964
Re: Hazel Grove Bypass Is Finally ON!
26th January 2013 at 11:57AM, Edit: 26th January 2013 at 11:59AM by newt21964
Serenity Wrote:

[QUOTE=Coleman]A stationary vehicle produces more pollution than one in motion, engines are moor efficient under load than at idle! So if the traffic is not stationary for as long it produces less pollution!

...... Therefore an increase in pollution can only follow. Add to that the already high levels of pollution and what do you get.....even higher levels of pollution...But what are you saying Coleman that these high levels of pollution don't matter or that they are not a factor that should be taken into consideration by the planners. Well that's where I feel you are wrong..For the sake of the people living on or near the main road all these factors should be given some consideration..

So once again I ask the question.......How does building this new road benefit the Grove.....



In fact the traffic modelling DOES show a decrease in traffic through the Grove of nearly 10% compared to not building. So if pollution is your worry building the road is best for the Grove. However not so good for Highlane or Disley.

see http://www.semmms.info/140683/435117/639723/trafficplan


But obviously the main benefit is if Phase 2 with Stepping Hill Link is built later


0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
<< 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 >>
 

Related Discussions

No related discussions found.

Tagged With..

No tags added