0 Area has not been reviewed yet

Hazel Grove Bypass Is Finally ON!

This thread was submitted to SEMMMS / Hazel Grove & Poynton Bypass / A555 MAELR

<< 1 2 3 4 5 ... 21 22 23 >>

Guest Poster
Drifter
Hazel Grove Bypass Is Finally ON!
20th March 2012 at 4:42PM
Got some more keeping in touch letterbox spam through today, the contents of the back page I have reproduced in some degree of disbelief.

It reads "The next step is underway on the Hazel Grove Bypass - with consultations being sent out to those affected.

It's a massive win for Lib Dem Local Champion Kevin Hogg who, along with Hazel Grove Lib Dem MP Andrew Stunell, campaigned on this issue for many years.
Denise from Hazel Grove said "I'm really glad the Local Lib Dem campaign to get a Bypass has finally worked! It will make such a difference to the local area, and a lot of the credit has to go to Kevin"

Local Champion Kevin Hogg Said "It's brilliant news, this is a real victory for the Grove"

"Everyone I speak to is fed up with the traffic and the effect it has on their lives. This will really make a difference to the quality of life in Hazel Grove and will cut congestion and pollution".

Well I'm speechless. I'm speechless that anyone (whatever political persuasion but in this case the Lib Dem's) could print such misleading diatribe. Spin Dem's seems more appropriate in this case.

Kevin, I have lived in the grove for much of my life, and I wholly support a Bypass. But do tell me exactly which Hazel Grove Bypass are you claiming victory for?
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Quote Report  
BlueGrover
Good Citizen

BlueGrover
Re: Hazel Grove Bypass Is Finally ON!
20th March 2012 at 6:00PM, Edit: 20th March 2012 at 6:07PM by BlueGrover
Hurrah!
Get the beers in........ what's that smell?
Political Bulls***
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
Drifter
20th March 2012 at 7:24PM
More political propoganda coming soon through my letter box. lol   

Its not the Hazel Grove Bypass, its the half built Stockport North - South bypass with links to the Airport and Poynton Bypass (Bredbury - Manchester Airport/Adlington).

Propoganda badging to cover up its not all being done.

And why has this topic been started when there are 17 pages "Bypass" running "General Topics"?

Nuts!

OliverJohnstone
Hazel Grove Councillor

OliverJohnstone
20th March 2012 at 7:31PM
And there was me believing BBC News saying it was the Chancellor deciding to fund road projects throughout the UK - the Bypass being one of them.

Guess I'll know who to trust in the future....
Guest Poster
Drifter
20th March 2012 at 7:43PM
How do they get away with it bluegrover? I mean, who do they think they are kidding? Or is it that they think we are considerably less intelligent than them and hope we might overlook the truth.

You will not have forgotten about Hazel Grove tip – all that hot air and self praise when "Cllr Hogg saved the tip from closure", then it was all someone else’s fault it closed, and then, he said (some considerable time ago) that there would be some form of re-cycling facility put in its place. Well where is it? Still waiting for an answer from Cllr Hogg on that one going back 8 months.

Oh Grover, now you’ve got me started again, do you remember the “we stopped the mast on Chester Road” misrepresentation by Cllr Corris in last year’s keeping in touch flyer. I like to think that ‘mistake’ helped to replace her seat as it was what was deserved in return for jumping on a local residents (non political) campaign – talk about stealing someone else’s thunder! Maybe the local Lib Dems are on a collision course with self destruction?

I should also point out for the benefit of anyone in doubt, I am not on any, repeat ANY politically motivated mission.

In any event bluegrover, I'm off now for quiet sit down in a dark room whilst I wait wait for Kevin to tell us all about the Hazel Grove Bypass.
Guest Poster
Drifter
20th March 2012 at 8:13PM
Drifter Wrote:

And why has this topic been started when there are 17 pages "Bypass" running "General Topics"?

Because it serves to highlight the apparently politically motivated half truth's from our local Lib Dem's, versus a community orientated post, and responses, about the general desire for a new road.
BlueGrover
Good Citizen

BlueGrover
20th March 2012 at 10:17PM
Drifter Wrote:

How do they get away with it bluegrover? I mean, who do they think they are kidding? Or is it that they think we are considerably less intelligent than them and hope we might overlook the truth.

You will not have forgotten about Hazel Grove tip – all that hot air and self praise when "Cllr Hogg saved the tip from closure", then it was all someone else’s fault it closed, and then, he said (some considerable time ago) that there would be some form of re-cycling facility put in its place. Well where is it? Still waiting for an answer from Cllr Hogg on that one going back 8 months.

Oh Grover, now you’ve got me started again, do you remember the “we stopped the mast on Chester Road” misrepresentation by Cllr Corris in last year’s keeping in touch flyer. I like to think that ‘mistake’ helped to replace her seat as it was what was deserved in return for jumping on a local residents (non political) campaign – talk about stealing someone else’s thunder! Maybe the local Lib Dems are on a collision course with self destruction?

I should also point out for the benefit of anyone in doubt, I am not on any, repeat ANY politically motivated mission.

In any event bluegrover, I'm off now for quiet sit down in a dark room whilst I wait wait for Kevin to tell us all about the Hazel Grove Bypass.
Blimey, it's my thoughts coming out of someone elses PC. I have no recollection..........wait,maybe it's like the shower scene in Dallas and it's all been a dream?

This post has been removed by a Forum Moderator because it broke the house rules.

Reason: inciting illegal driving!

Guest xx
Drifter
21st March 2012 at 6:21AM
I've now read all the threads on the topic of the bypass,eagerly looking for a statement that says clearly that .....YES the amount of vehicles that passes through the Grove will be greatly reduced by building this bypass..... But perhaps I missed such a paragraph as I don't believe I have actually read such a statement.

So therefore please can someone explain to me in very simple laymans terms (as I'm now feeling quite boggled by all the information on this subject)how this so-called Hazel Grove bypass will realistically improve (by reducing the amount of traffic on the A6) the lives of the people living in the Grove.

All I can see as a result of said bypass is more traffic actually commuting though the Grove to join the aforementioned links. Am I wrong in this assumption?

As someone who lives very close to the A6 I would like to think that anymore future drilling,digging,noise and disruption would eventually result in something that would truly benifit the lives of the people actually living in the Grove today (by hopefully significantly reducing the amount of pollution from the congested traffic passing though the Grove) and ia not just being built to benifit commuters looking for a quicker route to the airport.

However after what I have read so far on the subject I'm not truly convinced that this undertaking will bring any improvements to the congested traffic problem just the opposite I feel as the amount of traffic passing though the Grove itself will probaly actually increase, albeit from smaller vehicles.

So why oh why is this news being heralded by all as a success for the Grove, and I ask again how will this bypass assist in reducing congested traffic and pollution on the A6. I'm not so sure it will, however please feel free to convince me otherwise:)

Guets Poster
Drifter
21st March 2012 at 9:11AM
Drifter Wrote:

I've now read all the threads on the topic of the bypass,eagerly looking for a statement that says clearly that .....YES the amount of vehicles that passes through the Grove will be greatly reduced by building this bypass..... But perhaps I missed such a paragraph as I don't believe I have actually read such a statement.

So therefore please can someone explain to me in very simple laymans terms (as I'm now feeling quite boggled by all the information on this subject)how this so-called Hazel Grove bypass will realistically improve (by reducing the amount of traffic on the A6) the lives of the people living in the Grove.

All I can see as a result of said bypass is more traffic actually commuting though the Grove to join the aforementioned links. Am I wrong in this assumption?

As someone who lives very close to the A6 I would like to think that anymore future drilling,digging,noise and disruption would eventually result in something that would truly benifit the lives of the people actually living in the Grove today (by hopefully significantly reducing the amount of pollution from the congested traffic passing though the Grove) and ia not just being built to benifit commuters looking for a quicker route to the airport.

However after what I have read so far on the subject I'm not truly convinced that this undertaking will bring any improvements to the congested traffic problem just the opposite I feel as the amount of traffic passing though the Grove itself will probaly actually increase, albeit from smaller vehicles.

So why oh why is this news being heralded by all as a success for the Grove, and I ask again how will this bypass assist in reducing congested traffic and pollution on the A6. I'm not so sure it will, however please feel free to convince me otherwise:)

It's possible the Hazel Grove Bypass is the figment of the Lib Dem's imagination, so your concerns regarding a reduction in pollution and congestion in that case would be irrelevant.

The question has been asked of Cllr Hogg in the opening post - just waiting for his reply now.
Coleman
Good Citizen

Coleman
21st March 2012 at 9:18AM
Drifter Wrote:

That is exactly what i think! I can't see any way that this will reduce traffic in the grove only increase it!

IF it were the entire project then yes it would help massively, but this half-a-job will just make the A6 worse. And it's already the worlds longest car park at weekends!
<< 1 2 3 4 5 ... 21 22 23 >>