0 Area has not been reviewed yet

Airport Relief Road - Progress ?

This thread was submitted to Hazel Grove

This Thread is Locked

This Thread has been locked by a forum moderator.

<< 1 2 >>

Robot69
Citizen

Robot69
Airport Relief Road - Progress ?
27th June 2012 at 3:27PM
As the election is in the past the local officials seem to have been whisked away by aliens.

Just in case they do pop in what is the latest on the relief road ?
1 Likes 0 Dislikes  
cllrkevinhogg
Hazel Grove Councillor

cllrkevinhogg
Re: Airport Relief Road - Progress ?
27th June 2012 at 4:33PM
No we haven`t robot I am still watching the forum just nothing is being posted, other than the skate park that requires my input.
The Airport road or Bypass is moving along and the public enquiry into it should be, all being well scheduled for the Autumn. Funding is in place for it and a recent meeting of AGMA confirmed it as the No one road project in greater Manchester.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
Coleman
Good Citizen

Coleman
27th June 2012 at 4:38PM
cllrkevinhogg Wrote:

Funding is in place for it and a recent meeting of AGMA confirmed it as the No one road project in greater Manchester.

I may just be being a bit dense, but what does that last bit mean?

Is "the no one road" its new official name or something?
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
BlueGrover
Good Citizen

BlueGrover
27th June 2012 at 4:43PM
Coleman Wrote:

cllrkevinhogg Wrote:

Funding is in place for it and a recent meeting of AGMA confirmed it as the No one road project in greater Manchester.

I may just be being a bit dense, but what does that last bit mean?

Is "the no one road" its new official name or something?
Number one!
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
Coleman
Good Citizen

Coleman
27th June 2012 at 4:50PM
So essentially it means nothing?!

Fair enough, thought there may have been a swing towards the honest in the councils thinking!

But good to know that the only major road project (that i know of anyway) is a priority over..... well nothing else!
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
William_Wragg
Hazel Grove MP

William_Wragg
27th June 2012 at 9:37PM
Robot69 Wrote:

As the election is in the past the local officials seem to have been whisked away by aliens.

Just in case they do pop in what is the latest on the relief road ?

From the council's side the latest is that the business case is being presented. The remaining hurdle is how part of the funding will be secured as part of the 'Airport City' development.

The link below has a detailed report:

http://democracy.stockport.gov.uk/documents/s19587/4.%20SEMMMS.pdf
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
Robot69
Citizen

Robot69
27th June 2012 at 11:11PM
So, one councilor says all the funding is in place and another say there is still a hurdle - can you please expand on this. As I understand it, the government are putting up a portion of the money then so is Transport for GM or whatever they are called

Lets be clear, according to SEMMMS this is the airport relief road NOT the bypass - which HG still needs but is going to cost a fortune. The relief road is a quick will for a number of people, especially those who want to claim the credit for it locally!
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
Bakewell
Villager

Bakewell
28th June 2012 at 1:02PM
Interesting document. Do you know whereabouts the Hazel Grove part of "Three identified sites in the immediate vicinity of the scheme – Airport City, Handforth Dean and Hazel Grove – that are capable of accommodating and delivering large scale, viable commercial real estate projects that will provide Greater Manchester and Cheshire East with a competitive advantage in capturing inward investment and driving economic growth." is?
And why does it take over a year between conditional approval (if required) and full approval?
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
Drifter
28th June 2012 at 9:14PM
cllrkevinhogg Wrote:

No we haven`t robot I am still watching the forum just nothing is being posted, other than the skate park that requires my input.
The Airport road or Bypass is moving along and the public enquiry into it should be, all being well scheduled for the Autumn. Funding is in place for it and a recent meeting of AGMA confirmed it as the No one road project in greater Manchester.

I see Cllr Hogg, that you appear to have still not not established what constitutes a bypass....

Cllr, let me assist you as you appear to be in a bit of a cul de sac with this whole ‘bypass thing’.

Unless you know something nobody else does, there is no Hazel Grove bypass on the horizon. Sad, but true.

The road in question, is planned to link Manchester Airport with Hazel Grove, terminating at or around what is known locally as Simpsons bend, on the A6.

A bypass (to most people at least) is acknowledged as a section of road that passes around a congested area. This road will not pass around the very congested conurbation of Hazel Grove.

Hope that helps.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
Robot69
Citizen

Robot69
28th June 2012 at 9:38PM
Of course Hoggy will still call it a by-pass as it sounds bigger/more important than a relief road and he's claimed its all his work to get the project live.

As I've banged on, it is important to differentiate what this road is within the SEMMMS project and not to kid people the HG will be alleviated of some traffic
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
Limecat
Banned
28th June 2012 at 10:45PM
Serious question.

Who is GENUINELY bothered about this road?

I'm not.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  

<< 1 2 >>