This thread was submitted to Hazel Grove

<< 1 2 >>

jasonmacc
Idler

jasonmacc
How many people in High Line?
1st June 2012 at 10:54AM
Hello grovers!

There is no Wikipedia for High Line, and I was wondering if all of you could put in this thread like facts about the place. My brother wants to move there in the summer. Some people said to me there is 1,000 people who live there, someone else said 5,000 ???? And there is no train station for the place. Is it bigger than Hazel Grove? Thanks for any help!
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Quote Report  
sundave
Townsperson

sundave
Re: How many people in High Line?
1st June 2012 at 2:21PM
You may be struggling to find info because we've never heard of High Line.

Wouldn't want to move there if it doesn't exist!!!!!!
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
slim
Townsperson

slim
1st June 2012 at 2:28PM
Jasonmacc try high lane
Coleman
Good Citizen

Coleman
1st June 2012 at 2:50PM
sundave Wrote:

You may be struggling to find info because we've never heard of High Line.

PMSL!

Try This

Personally i'd move somewhere else... Anywhere really! Quite a few people with webbed fingers round that way, and i'm sure you can hear banjos whenever you drive through!
0 Likes 1 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
TwistedBanana
Townsperson

TwistedBanana
1st June 2012 at 5:06PM
Just over 5000 inhabitants but only two families.

Does he have his own donkey? i know there is a communal one that they use but it tends to be over subscribed on a Saturday night (i believe) when the village ladies withdraw services due to some pagan ritual.

They have had a sign up on the outskirts of the village for sometime welcoming people to move to their village, well i think that's what it means it says "new blood wanted". They are especially looking for someone who works in the water treatment sector as the sign also says "to dilute the gene pool" which i think must be a local amenity they utilise.

They have a cricket club and they would welcome some right handed players as they seem to have an abundance of left handers.

He would benefit from some extra bank holidays they have there as well which is nice, although for some reason livestock and sometimes small children go missing around these days.

Is he any good at drawing Pentagons?
Pauly
Villager

Pauly
1st June 2012 at 6:02PM
Its ok really, smaller; bit more spread out and quieter than the Grove - train stations at Disley and HG.
Bus ride to the Grove for a cheaper pint - Its all Stockport anyway where you get some lovely people like here on this forum and some idiots as well (also occasionally on this forum, yes ok me).
Expert
Drifter
11th June 2012 at 2:45PM
Many of the people who live in High Lane will tell you that they live in Disley. As for railway stations - have you forgotten the one at Middlewood? - although I don't think all the trains stop there.
Limecat
Banned
12th June 2012 at 12:21AM
Quality thread.

Yes, High Lane is a nicer area than Hazel Grove but it isn't filled with people who were related before they got married. People are getting confused with Bollington.

There is 100% a train station 'stop' at High Lane as we once jumped on the train to go to Manchester at Hazel Grove and the sodding thing then went backwards! LMAO.

We ended up jumping off at some random stop, with no lights at the platform, in the middle of nowhere. We walked up a few muddy paths onto a road and came out opposite the Royal Oak, got a few in there whilst waiting for a taxi to go into town.

It was the same night that my mate was given a SEVERE wedgie, the elastic from his gruds was pulled right over his head so it almost strangled him. In the end the elastic had to be snapped so he could breathe and he had a HUGE skid up the back of his gruds! LMAO. Ah, nostalgia...
deano
Drifter
12th June 2012 at 12:01PM
might of known limecats post would have something to do with mens bottoms
Coleman
Good Citizen

Coleman
12th June 2012 at 12:18PM
High lane, nicer then Hazel Grove???

It's debatable whether it worse then Hazel grove but it is certainly not nicer!

Also, being American, i can only assume you are immune to banjo music!
Limecat
Banned
12th June 2012 at 4:05PM
Drifter Wrote:

might of known limecats post would have something to do with mens bottoms

Might have known that your fingers wouldn't have been able to resist become active at the thought...

Coleman Wrote:

High lane, nicer then Hazel Grove???

It's debatable whether it worse then Hazel grove but it is certainly not nicer!

Also, being American, i can only assume you are immune to banjo music!

I'm American, I'm not a redneck hill billy. LMAO.

I would say High Lane is nicer. No Asda/Sainsburys/KFC/McDonalds etc so it has a more rural feel. I am not aware of any derelict pubs in High Lane. As far as I can see when I pass through it most days the shops are all tenanted and busy. I'm not aware of a large council estate in High Lane, there is one in Hazel Grove etc...
<< 1 2 >>