Hazel Grove News

A Suburb in Stockport

10 10 / 10 from 9 Reviews

You know when you are back in the Grove when...

boomerang
Villager

boomerang
You know when you are back in the Grove when...
18th November 2015 at 10:43PM
You know you are back in the Grove when after a long journey (often average 500 miles in my case) you hit the A6 and as you get closer to Hazel Grove the standard of driving gets worse and thats even after having to go through Birmingham.

Anyhow to clear my head I often go for a long walk and after nearly finishing 7 miles tonight I turned onto Commercial Road when a couple of brain dead lads drive past in their mums car, music blaring and shouting abuse, I gave them a suitable reply,they did nothing then went onto the next person. I could still hear their car horn going and them screaming and shouting as they drove past Barclays.

Yep, after a very long day I was back in the Grove.

0 Likes 1 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
Jenny
Villager

Jenny
Re: You know when you are back in the Grove when
19th November 2015 at 11:25AM
boomerang Wrote:

You know you are back in the Grove when after a long journey (often average 500 miles in my case) you hit the A6 and as you get closer to Hazel Grove the standard of driving gets worse and thats even after having to go through Birmingham.

To be fair, I'm from the Midlands and I'm still back there every other week - I find that the driving standard in Birmingham to be considerably lower than up here!
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  

This post has been removed by a Forum Moderator because it broke the house rules.

Expert
Villager

Expert
Re: You know when you are back in the Grove when..
22nd November 2015 at 10:23AM
If you want to see really bad driving, I suggest that you venture inside the M25. As for loud music in cars, why do they always have the windows open?
BlueGrover
Forum Moderator

BlueGrover
23rd November 2015 at 8:12AM
Normal rules for driving are discounted once you pass McVities heading into Manchester.
2 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
TwistedBanana
Townsperson

TwistedBanana
25th November 2015 at 6:50AM
You know when you are back in The Grove because the last mile of your journey takes as long as the previous 10 miles, something that happens to me regularly on a Saturday afternoon.

Sod it, lets build another supermarket

Part of..