Woodford to be the new Hollywood

<< 1 2 3 4 >>

BlueGrover
Forum Moderator

BlueGrover
Re: Woodford to be the new Hollywood
20th December 2011 at 4:04PM
Coleman Wrote:

DO we have a source for this info? Other then you of course?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-16262725
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
cllrkevinhogg
Hazel Grove Councillor

cllrkevinhogg
20th December 2011 at 5:21PM
Press Release

20th December 2011

CONFIRMATION OF SALE OF SITE

BAE Systems today announced that it had sold its Woodford Site, in Cheshire to Avro Heritage Limited. The sale is effective immediately.

Avro Heritage Limited has vowed to ensure that Woodford’s proud association with the aviation industry is reflected in the future development of the site.

On completion of the sale Jim Welsh, BAE Systems said: “BAE Systems has a long and proud association with Woodford and although disappointed to be leaving the site we are happy that the new owners have exciting plans for this historically important site.

James Fletcher for Avro Heritage Limited said: “We are honoured to take ownership of such a historic site and we will endeavour to ensure its past is not forgotten.

“We have many exciting plans for the site which will hopefully create new jobs and provide the local community with much needed leisure facilities.”

BAE Systems and its predecessor companies has had a presence at the Woodford site since 1924 and during the last 90 years has seen in excess of 20,000 aircraft being built at the facility include the Lancaster Bomber, Canberra, Vulcan, Nimrod and Avro jets.

As part of the sale, the Golf Club and Heritage Centre are in the process of extending their leases to remain on the site.

Limecat
Banned
20th December 2011 at 8:43PM
£100m for the land?

Is someone having a laugh?
Drifter
20th December 2011 at 10:34PM
It was valued at £800m at one stage.
Robot69
Citizen

Robot69
20th December 2011 at 10:46PM
Limecat Wrote:

£100m for the land?

Is someone having a laugh?

You're right....I'm not sure if all the land has been sold but it must be a hell of a size. Depending on PP I think that is a complete bargain especially when I have seen people spend £100K on a piece of a back garden to build 2 new houses that over look the other.
William_Wragg
Hazel Grove MP

William_Wragg
20th December 2011 at 11:20PM
The Stockport Express have the story:

http://menmedia.co.uk/stockportexpress/news/business/s/1468479_jcb-heir-acquires-bae-woodford-for-100m

This post has been removed by a Forum Moderator because it broke the house rules.

Reason: blah blah blah

Robot69
Citizen

Robot69
26th June 2012 at 11:15AM, Edit: 26th June 2012 at 11:19AM by Robot69
I see the runway is being used as a racetrack now. Bit of a waste of a car and probably a life - bit of an idiot really.

BBC& MEN

Wasn't limers was it ?...not heard from him in a while
local
Drifter
26th June 2012 at 12:04PM
Whatever happens, it will probably invalidate the insurance as it was being raced on a closed track
The car and house owners will probably chase the driver / estate if he dies for any losses they incur.
£100+K for the car
Limecat
Banned
26th June 2012 at 10:37PM
I was just coming to post that.

Sorry to dissapoint you Robot but it wasn't me. I wouldn't crash in a straight line. Besides, I've done over 100MPH crossing the runway when I worked there. Suffice to say that the head of security wasn't too impressed...
<< 1 2 3 4 >>

Part of..

Tagged With..