A Suburb in Stockport

10 10 / 10 from 9 Reviews

White Hart

roisin
Idler

roisin
White Hart
13th September 2015 at 9:49PM, Edit: 13th September 2015 at 9:50PM by roisin
Anyone know whats happening to the White Hart? has it shut down permanently?
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
Doris
Townsperson

Doris
Re: White Hart
14th September 2015 at 8:18PM
Hopefully!!!
0 Likes 1 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
RichT
Townsperson

RichT
30th September 2015 at 1:21PM
It has closed for good!
Another landlord told me the cellar has been cleared out and it will not re-open as pub again. frown
BlueGrover
Forum Moderator

BlueGrover
1st October 2015 at 9:10AM
The signage has been removed as it no longer fitted with Robinsons corporate design. The pub will reopen according to my sources.
Check out the new style Robinsons signage at the Flying Coach.
1 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
RichT
Townsperson

RichT
1st October 2015 at 2:27PM
I hope your sources are reliable. It would be good to have another Flying Coach style pub I like what they've done with the former Cock! beer
glenandem
Forum Moderator

glenandem
1st October 2015 at 3:11PM
Speaking of pubs I couldn't help notice how scruffy the one looked across the road from bun n bones takeaway at other end of grove, the boarded up windows and doors have all been fly posted, not a great look for the area along with the overgrown tip that used to be the grove inn!!!
BlueGrover
Forum Moderator

BlueGrover
2nd October 2015 at 8:10AM
It would be interesting to see Robinsons business strategy. The Grove Inn, The Woodman, The Royal Oak and a closed White Hart, once thriving pubs but now closed/demolished. Yes they have pumped money into The Flying Coach, The Tunnes had a large makeover, but the other Robinsons pubs in the area look tired and need updating.
I think Robinsons want to concentrate on brewing and keeping the flagship pubs looking good or sell them off to the Almond family
The Bird in Hand will be next to go.
2 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
Coleman
Forum Moderator

Coleman
2nd October 2015 at 11:59AM
Robinson's are working at updating their pubs, but it takes time to do them all, i assume there is only so much money to spend each year so the better prospects and those in most need will get done first.

The closure's have been the pubs with no real hope of ever turning a decent profit, you can't really fault the strategy from a business sense point of view.

The biggest issue Robinson's has is their rents, i've spoken to quite a few of their tenants over the years and the common theme has always been, higher then average rent, expensive beer, little support and ruthless business practices when they start to struggle.

I have heard they are working on improving their attitude towards their licencees though, and are actually starting to help out a little instead of expecting the world with no support in return. Still charge a lot for rent and beer though i am told.
1 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
Sam1984
Newcomer

Sam1984
20th December 2015 at 1:05PM
They had a band on in August called Trip Hazzard (were snakeskin) who are the kiss of death to
pubs. Most of the pubs they have played in have closed down not long after so am not surprised
to hear about the white hart. They have got an awful singer who sounds a cat who has been trod
on (several times)
Doris
Townsperson

Doris
27th December 2015 at 9:30AM
Good riddance to another dump watering hole in the grove. Shut them all down. They will all go soon due to the steep price of Beer. You are either very brave or very stupid to even attempt to run a Bar or Pub in Hazel Grove.

Part of..